The First Verse

Captured Pearl

The First Verse - Chapter 1
"Mum! Dad!" She called down to her parents in her sweet yet loud voice. "I'm ready for school!" The eighteenth of March was the date of her sixthth birthday and she was very eager to go to school and play with all her friends. Of course she had plenty.


As Mihyun ran down the staircase, her long, light brown hair flew blew behind her head, her brown eyes were lit up in excitement. Mihyun wasn't short and stumpy and definitely not tall and skinny. No, she was just over the average height and and had an average weight. Only child of the people who owned the largest company in South Korea.
 
"Yes, Hana!" Her mum called back from the kitchen. She made her snack packed with a juice box, a chicken wrap, some biscuits and a muesli bar. "Mihyun? Is it alright for you to walk to school today?" Mihun's mum asked, passing Mihyun her favourite blue lunchbox. "Mum and dad have lots of work to do. I'm sorry but I promise you that this will be the best birthday ever!"
 
"Yes mum, but just for today?" She pouted ever so cutely. Her mum nodded. "Do you promise?" She asked for reassurance, pointing out her pinky toward her mother. Her mother laughed light heartily and nodded one more time, placing her own picky in her daughters. They were like missing puzzle pieces for each other. She kissed her child's forehead as Mihyun took off and race for her dad.
 
"Hey birthday girl!" He sung, picking her up a placing on his lap and grunted. "Looks like someone is getting bigger," he said sticking his tongue out in her direction. She believed that she had the best parents ever and quite frankly, she wasn't far off the truth. She loved her parents dearly and would never want to see them leave.
 
Mihyun pouted again and hit his arm playfully. "Dad! Your so rude! Your a meanie!" She said, furrowing her eyebrows angrily and turned a faced the other way. Although her dad was the joker, she would always play along to one of his jokes.
 
"Hey I was only joking. You will always be my baby girl!" She turned to face him and he quickly gave a light peck on her forehead. "Go to school. Your going to be late otherwise." He said and her kissed his cheek once again. 
 
She ran out the room and shouted back to them, "Bye mum and dad! I'll see you after school!" You ran out the door ready to go to school and see all your friends once again. 
 
As she was walking quietly down the street, she heard a voice behind call out to she. She knew immediately who it was. "Happy birthday, Mihyun!" She spun around to face her best friend, Eunji, as she jumped atop of Mihyun. She had jet, black hair, very tall for her age, she was funny, kind and she was also known as a 'Happy Virus' as her friends liked to classify her as. They both knew each other since they were little toddlers, not more than two to three years old.
 
Mihyun stumbled back a bit but regained her balance rather quickly and held Eunji tight, making sure she wouldn't slip or fall off. "Thank you, Eunji!" Mihyun said, once her friend jumped off of her and giving herself some space. 

"Hey, I can't wait till your party! It's going to be so cool!" She exclaimed as she stared up into the blue sky. "What are we going to do there? Are we playing the donut game and the chocolate game?" She asked super excited about tonight, and neither could Mihyun quite frankly. 
 
The younger chuckled at the others eagerness and nodded her head, as Eunji was always the most playfulest out of all of Mihyun's friend and she definitely couldn't deny that fact.. Eunji bounced up and down while giggling to herself saying how excited she is and how she can't wait any longer and talked about how fun it would be. 
 
"Come on, Eunji, we are going to be late!" Mihyun smiled brightly, grasping the happy girl's hand beside her and pulling her along, or maybe dragged her to school.
 
It wasn't long before they arrived. Mihyun was greeted by heaps of 'Happy Birthday, Mihyun' and some hugs. She hugged each and every one of her friends and went to class just before the bell went, signalling the start of the day, a very long and exhausting day. 
 
"Happy Birthday, Mihyun!" Mihyun's other best friend, Nara, exclaimed, jumping out of her seat to greet her close friend. She had wavy, black hair, big brown eyes and much smaller than Eunji. She hugged Mihyun tightly before releasing and seeing her wonderful smile that she see's everyday. Nara has a cute lisp and everyone just wanted to hear her talk, no matter who they were. "Sit next to me guys! I have been waiting for you to arrive!" She walking down to her seat. 
Mihyun and Eunji trailed closely behind and they both slid into their seats, almost simultaneously. Three of them talked amongst themselves until a boy walked over to their table.


"Is i-it your b-birthday today?" The boy asked as he shyly pointed to Mihyun. He had short black hair with his bangs swept to the side, quite tall considering the three girls was sitting down and his eyes were a dark brown. Mihyun could see his friends off to the side all giggling with wide grins plastered on their faces.


Mihyun nodded slowly but eagerly at the boy and smiled up at him. A tint of pink was shown on his flushed cheeks and he smiled. "Happy birthday then," he bowed towards her then quickly took his leave and rushed back over to his own table, where another boy waited. The other looked smaller but older.


The teacher came in a greeted Mihyun with a cheerful 'happy birthday!' She bowed politely and thanked the teacher. She walked out to the front of the class before getting ready for the day ahead.


-------
 
"So I'll see you guys soon, I hope?" Mihyun asked both Eunji and Nara when the three of them were leaving school. They both walked home together and stayed together whenever it was something special or important.
 
"Yes, we will see you then! Bye Mihyun!" They waved simultaneously and she waved back automatically. She saw the pair rush over across the street to where Nara's mother and father were waiting in their car.
 
Mihyun sprinted over to where her own dad's car sat. "Hey sweetie!" He sung as she entered the car. She buckled up and faced her dad who was smiling widely at her. "How was school today? Have fun?" 
 
"It was awesome! I learnt the alphabet today. Oh, and I also learnt how to count to ten!" She exclaimed happily, clapping her small hands excitedly. 
 
Her dad chuckled at the reaction that he received and then stated, "My little baby is growing up!" then pinched her soft, cute cheeks. Mihyun shooed his hands away and pointed to the road with a little pout, telling him to keep his eyes on the road. 
 
He chuckled again before saying "Okay, okay." and kept his eyes on the road. Within a few minutes they arrived at home that had balloons on the fence. Mihyun smiled sweetly, grabbed her bag and raced to the front door, wanting to see her mum. 
 
She opened the door to see the whole lounge room, dinning room and staircase was filled with balloons and streamers everywhere. There was a banner above the staircase saying, 'happy sixth birthday, Mihyun!' printed with the background purple with colourful dots and the letters in blue, her two favourite colours. All the letters were in bold capital letters so they would stand out.
 
She had her petite mouth agape at the decorations that her mum and dad put all their hard work into. She saw her mum rushing out of the kitchen to greet her, wiping her dirty hands on the apron she had on. She pulled Mihyun into a tight hug singing, "Happy birthday my baby girl!" 
 
"You did all this," Mihyun said pointing her small index finger around the rooms once her mum released her from the hug. "For me?" She asked, pointing to herself now. 
 
Her mum giggled at her and stated, "Of course we did this for you! Would never do something this special to someone else." Mihyun stared at all the rooms in awe and twirled around.
 
"When you said you had work to do, you instead did all this?" She asked again tilting her head curiously. The elder nodded. It was absolutely gorgeous, as Mihyun thought.
 
"I think you should go get changed before the guests come." Her dad said suddenly as he hooked his jacket on the coat hanger, smiling at Mihyun's happy face. She nodded obediently before racing up to her own room.
 
She swung open the door and she spotted and nice dress neatly set out on her bed. It was a pink dress, coming up just below the knee. It had straps and had a floral pattern displayed on it. Matching flats were set neatly on the floor, below the stunning dress.
 
She stared widely at it in awe before having a quick shower, drying her hair and getting changed into it. Mihyun had no idea what to do with her hair since she couldn't tie up her hair so she just let it flow behind her back.
 
She ran down the stairs to meet her wonderful parents. She ran up to her mum and thanked her for the dress and gave her a quick peck on the cheek. She also did the same with her dad. 
 
Suddenly, the door bell rang and she jumped from her dads grip and raced to it. She opened it up and saw Nara and Eunji standing there holding presents with smiles plastered on their faces. Their mums and dads were just getting out of the car behind them. 
 
"Happy birthday, Mihyun!" They shouted and engulfed her in a huge embrace. It was probably one of the biggest and longest hugs you had received all day from them
"Thank you, Eunji and Nara!" Mihyun said for the 100th time today as she laughed and released the two girls. 
 
Everyone that Mihyun or her parents knew were invited to the party like every other year. Some couldn't make it due to other plans.or just important work. She wasn't too worried about the space or how crowded it would get because the place was huge. 
 
She lead them down to the rumpus room before another knock was heard at the front door.


------
 
Mihyun had invited twelve of her closest and best friends over. Most of them don't go to her Primary School the she currently went to but you were very close friends in Pre School. Eunji and Nara were, obviously on the list and the only two on the list that went to the same Primary School as Mihyun. 
The twelve girls that you had invited were all from the same Pre School and this was the opportunity to meet up with each other again. Sarang was also invited and is the caring 'leader' of the group, Hyori is fluent in 4 languages, Hana has cute big, button eyes. Sumin has deer-doed eyes that looked cute, Sohee is a 'dancing machine'. Min is shy and she gets confused easily, Junghee looks like a baozi but a cute one and Bora has a soft voice for singing.
Suyun is mastering her Wushu skills, Hanbi is Eunji's closest friend. They stick together no matter what, always trying to catch up with each other when ever they can. They were 12 of Hana's closest friends.
 
"Six!" Everyone shouted and Hana, who was trying to cut the chocolate, rotated with the next person in line. Yes, they were playing the chocolate game. Just before they were playing hide-and-seek and the donut game. It has now been an hour since every guest have arrived. Eunji was just about to finish the chocolate until Mihyun's mum interrupted the game.
 
"Kids, present time!" She shouted and everyone scrambled to their feet before going up to Mihyun's room. They formed a massive circle on the floor before Mihyun started to tear open the presents.
 
She got money from her mum and dads friends, her grandparents gave her money as well and her friends gave you barbies and jewellery. All together, she had at least five hundred dollars. Mihyun put the money in her pocket because she didn't really want to put it in the money box. Well, not yet.
 
She were surprised that she didn't get a present from her parents yet. Normally, they'd be the first people that she would open her presents from. What happened? Were they hiding something from her. The curiousness had gotten the better of her and she excused herself to leave. 
 
She travelled swiftly down the stair case to see her parents and she saw them holding a giant box. Mihyun was curious to see what it was. "Mum, what is this?" She asked.  "For you," she said and Mihyun pointed to herself. Her mum nodded and gestured Mihyun over to open and see what beheld the perculiar box.
________