7 Minutes In Hell

Unexpected Love

I arrived at Dara's house in 20 minutes. She lives in a very nice neighborhood considering

that her family is rich as well. Her house was beautiful, at two storeys high with blossoming

flowers growing all around the white walls. Unaffected by its grandeur by now, I parked my car

in the driveway and began the walk up to her house. A few moments later I was knowcking on the

door, which was later answered by one of Dara's maids.

 

" Hello Hyunseung, it's good to see you again. Dara's up in her room waiting for you "

Sasha said, smiling cheerily at me.

 

" Thanks Sasha! And it's good to see you too! "

I said, sending a small wave over my shoulder as I walked up the stairs to Dara's room.

 

Dara's room was on the second floor of the huse and her door was painted pitch black with

a poster taped on it reading, ' Knock before you come in.. or else' . Obediently, I knocked

on the door, and soon Dara whipped it open to fling herself at me.

 

" Hey Hyun! Great to see you! " she greeted cheerily.

 

" Yeah you too " I said, returning her hug briefly before walking into her room, closing

the door behind me.

 

Like her door, her room was also painted black. She had posters of punk-rock bands plastered all

her walls and he had a queen sized bed with black and white sheets. Her 32 inch TV hung in between

two emo posters and her desk was listered with books and her laptop. From my initial description

of her mixed in with her obviously bubbly ( and slightly temperamental ) personality, this might

come as surprise. She just doesn't act like the typical goth people you see or heard about.

Yes, I spoke correctly. My best friend is, indeed, a goth. She's into all of the punk/rock stuff,

she dresses in dark clothing, and wears dark makeup, but she's an extremely cheerful person.

I know it's weird, but that's my best friend for you.

 

" So why are you here so late? You're usually here by three o'clock on the dot.

It's already three thirty " she asked, sitting down cross legged on her bed.

 

" Well I had a little.. interference on my way here "

I said absently, thinking about Junhyung and his friends.

 

" Yeah? What happened? " she asked curious.

 

"Well, Junhyung and his friends - " I began to say, before I got interrupted by Dara.

 

" Wait... Junhyung? As in the football captain? What did he do to you! "

she asked quickly.

 

" Well... " I began to say, hesitating at her reaction.

 

" What did he do? " she demanded.

 

"He tripped me, took my glasses and just messing with me" I admitted.

 

" He did what? " she yelled angrily.

 

" Calm down, it's fine, I'm used to it " " said soothingly, attempting to calm her down

 

" No Seung, I won't ! I hate to see you like this " she said sadly.

 

" It doesn't matter, it happens all the time "

 

" No, it needs to stop, and we'll prove how good looking you are at this party tonight "

THe determination at that sparked in her eyes scared me alittle.

 

" How? " I asked, disbelievingly.

 

" I'm going to turn you into the hottest person here "

 

" Yeah that's never going to happen. Do you not see how I look? " I asked pointing at my body.

 

" So? It doesn't matter how your body is, you're pretty "

She shrugged as if she didn't need to explain anymore.

 

" Yeah, sure " I said pacify her, not really believing it.

 

" Trust me. By the time I'm done with you, you'll be agreeing with me " she sang as she giggled.

 

" Yeah okay " I said rolling my eyes.

 

Dara took out her phone, and quickly dialed a number. She placed it next to her ear and

ignored my inquiries as someone picked up the other end.

 

" Mr.Neon, I need your best hair and makeup artist here. Now! " she stated ina very busniness-like voice

 

" Alright Miss, I'll get on that as quickly as possible " I heard him murmur back to her.

 

" Good " Dara said, smiling as she snapped shut her phone.

 

" Well Seung, thy're going to be here very soon. I can't wait for tonight! "

she exclaimed excitedly as she jumped up and down.

 

" Great " I said feigning my happiness. This was going to be a lng night.

 

Two hours later..

[ Dara's POV ]

I looked at my bestfriend with aw and extreme satisfaction. We did it! I thought happily.

Jang Hyunseung looked extremely pretty. His brown hair was styled with light curls. His skin

was accevtuated by his blue eyes and dark blue eye shadow, black eyeliner.

 

" Seung you look amazing! " I exclaimed happily.

 

" I do not! " he shot sadly back.

 

I pouted, " But Seung you do, just look in the mirror "

I said pushing him to the full length mirror in my bedroom. There was a pause before he finally spoke.

 

" .. Oh my God, is that - is that me? " he asked softly.

 

" Yup! See I told you you look good " I said, enthusiastic in my happiness.

 

" Thankyou Dara. I owe you " he said hugging me.

 

" No problem. You having fun with GD tonight will be more than enough to repay me "

I answered, hugging him back.

 

"Yeah well.. GD is probably going to hang out with his buddies the whole night"

he stated while letting go of me.

 

" So? "

 

" So, I won't be able to talk to him "

 

" I don't know! " I said teasingly.

 

" Whatever.. can we just get this over with already? " he asked, already walking out the door.

 

" Alright! " I said, running after him.

 

 Thirty minutes later we arrived at the party. The music was blasting loudly and I wished that

it was punk or rock music instead of pop. I parked my car outside the house, and hopped out.

I didn't really dress up too much for this party, Just a simple black blouse, adn a black skirt that went up

to my knees. I paired it with heels and had my hair tied back. TOnight was going to be all about Seung.

 

" Ready? " I asked my bestfriend.

 

" As ready as I've ever been " he mumbled,walking to the door as if he were approaching

his grave.

 

" That's the spirit " I said, slapping him on the back.

 

" Yeah, yeah " he muttered, waving me off.

 

When we got inside the house there were people everywhere. Everyone was dancing

with each other.. or making out with each other. THough, admittedly, not everyone was on

the dance floor gyrating. Some of the boys where playing beer pong in the kitchen.

Well, it was typical teenage party.

 

"SO how do you like it so far?" I asked Seung.

 

"Fine, I guess. it's just like all the thers we went to" he replied solemnly back.

 

"Yeah, but for this one you're all dress up, and looking extremely good"

 

"Yeah I know, you said that.. many times" he grinned up at me.

 

"But you do" I told him again, smiling brightly back.

 

" Okay, so what -" before he could finish though, Hara came over and interrupted him

 

"Hyunseung is that you?" she asked, eyes wide in surprise.

 

"Yes" he said looking irritated

 

"You look good" she said, annoyingly letting her voice rise to show that she was faking her

sincerity. I sent her a glare that she promptly ignored.

 

"THanks.. I guess" Seung said, looking down.

 

"Come play with us" Hara said, beginning to drag Seung and me off to who knows where.

 

"What are we playing?" I asked, wondering wy she was even talking to us.

It's not like either of us were subtle about not liking each other.

 

"Seven minutes in heaven" Hara replied back with a sultry smirk.

 

"What do we have to do?" I asked suspiciously.

 

"Well a girl goes into a closet, adn then she gets blindfolded. Next a guy will come in,

and you get to spen 'seven minutes in heaven' with him"

My eyes widened as her full meaning hit me

 

"So do you want to play?"

I heard the pushiness in her voice and once again wondered at her friendliness.

I shrugged away though and decided to see if maybe this game would make Seung enjoy

the party a little more.

 

" Do you want to play Seung? " I asked, not feeling hopeful.

 

"No" he shrugged and turned back to the moping cheerleader.

 

"We don't want to play"

 

"Too bad, you have to. Come on it will be fun, plus Junhyung, GD, and a lot

o other hot guys will be playing"

Her whining was getting on my nerves, but I perked at hearing GD's name

 

"Fine we'll play" I answered back, grinning. I mean this might be the chance

Hyunseung needed to confess to GD.

 

"Good, now Hyunseung, you can go frist" Hara said, handing her the blindfold.

 

"FIne" Hyunseung said with a sigh before taking it and wearily putting it on.

 

Once it was on, Hara practically forced Hyunseung into the closet, and told her one of the guys would

be coming soon. I hoped for my friend's sake that it was GD. Out of the corner of my eye I spotted

Hara and the other girls talking about something that I couldn't hear. When I focused in though

Hara left the group. She probably went to go get one of the guys. To my horror she came back

a few seconds later with Junhyung.

 

NO! I thought. It's can't be Junhyung, he's such a jerk to Seung. I quickly moved to stop him

from going  in but one of the cheerleaders grabbed me and held me down. I struggled

as much as I could, but found that i couldn't move from my place. I tried to open my mouth, but

another girl came over and covered my mouth so that I couldn't yell either. Breathing hard I glared at them

before focusing in on a smirking Junhyung as he twiddled his fingers at me and walked throught

the closet door. I frantically hoped that nothing bad would happen to Hyunseung.

Please, Hyunseung, please be alright.

 

[ Hyunseung's POV ]

I was standing inside the closet for what I felt like forever, before someone actually came in.

I was really hoping that it was GD, but I obviously couldn't look to see.

 

" Hyunseung? " the guy asked.

 

" Yeah" I answered back, wondering who it was. His voice didn't sound too familiar

since it was kind of low and whispered. It could be anyone really.

 

"Oh, that's good" he said with a hint of.. maybe joy in his voice?

 

"And why would that be?" I asked curiously.

 

"Well.. because I've always had a little crush on you"

he said, sounding honest.

 

"Wait what?" had a crush on me? Who was this guy?

 

"Yeah, do you - do you know who I am?"

 

"No" I said honestly while shaking my head.

 

"It's me, GD"

 

"GD? Is it really?" I felt a blush start to creepe on my face.

 

"Yes, I've always had a crush on you" he admitted.

 

"Really? Because I have a crush on you too"

I admitted as well. I couldn't believe what wag oing on. THis couldn't be real.

 

" You do? " he asked, definite joy now in his voice.

 

"Yes GD.. I-I-I love you" I stuttred out, embarrassed and blushing deeper, but happy.

 

"I love you too, and I've always wanted to do this" he said, his voice getting softer with each word.

 

" What?" I asked, my voice softening as well.

 

"This"

I took in a short intake of breath as I felt his breath near my face, and I was in heaven. Was

I really going to kiss GD tonight? I  really hoped so. I leaned in, but I didn't feel his lips

or the softness that I'd always wanted to touch. All I heard was a door opening and people laughing.

Wait.. laughing? I quickly ripped off my blindfold, and saw people pointing and laughing at me.

I frantically took in everyone and Dara being soncrtained by two girls. My breathing was hard

as she stared helplessly back at me, an appology written all over her face. i looked up to see it wasn't

GD next to me, but Junhyung. And he was laughing harder and louder than anyone.

 

"Did you really think someone like GD would actually love you?"

he asked when he saw me staring at him in shock.

 

"I-I.." I tried to say something, anything, but then I saw GD standing in the crowd.

Junhyung noticed him at the same time I did.

 

"Guess what man? Seung-cow here, said that he loves you" Junhyung said smirking over at GD.

 

"What?" GD answered, surprise written on his face as he looked at me in confusion.

 

Then, as it it wasn't bad enough, Junhyung suddenly pressed the buttonn of something in his hand.

Suddenly my voice filled the room, softly stuttering out

"Yes GD.. I-I-I love you"

 

Everybody started laughing again, and GD just stood there, looking awkward.

I but my lips and choked back a sob as more laughter filled my ears. I knew it, he didn't like me.

I mean how could he? Obviously this whole thing was another sick joke. I bet Hara, Junhyung and everybody

at this entire party was in on it. Disgusted, tired and embarrassed I finally couldn't stand

their ridicule anymore. So I ran. In the background I could hear Dara's voice yelling at me to stop,

but I didn't listen. I just kept going, crying the entire way home.

 

 

 

......to be continued

__________________________________________________