Unusual Night

Unusual Night

 

Unusual Night

 

“Tonight is the night!” I said as I had my final look on the mirror. A sweet, devilish smile was formed in my face as I stared on my figured. My father’s money wasn’t wasted as I saw how this damn dress fitted me. This will be the last item I will buy using my credit card.

 

Our graduation night ball will be held on a high class hotel attended by many heavy-names alumni, no wonder how self-titled-elites paid hundreds of thousands preparing for their look tonight. Trying hards.

 

This party can’t be compared by the parties I’ve attended abroad, but this is surely memorable. A college graduation night, sounds common? Hell yeah! But I’ve been waiting for this to finally tell everybody that I, Jung So Min, is going on my own to build my dreams, far away from everybody who knows that I’m the freaking heiress of GQ Group of Companies.

 

You read it right; I’m some kind of an heiress that will be trapped to a business-marriage. I’ve played my part well with my parents believing that I fully accept that fact. I’ve been playing with different boys since I stepped in college. It’s fun. Hooking up with different faces and names, I’ve stayed in a hotel with them. MIND YOU! I just stay up with them doing nothing miraculous, just pure making out.  Of course, they all expected that we will do it, IN THEIR FACE! Before they could even remove my shirt I already made them pass out and I usually do it within a snap. They should just give me a good performance or else there wouldn’t be next time.

 

I’ve mastered different kinds of Martial Arts in China under famous masters, they all love me. I literally mastered everything to get those freaking MIB (men-in-black meaning bodyguards) out of my sight. They sure came up from underworld, from the way they looked. Scary.

 

With this dress on you wouldn’t expect me driving like a racer on race, but to tell you I did it. I threw my keys to one of the MIB waiting for me at the front. My father and I agreed that MIB can be with me as long as they would keep distance and they wouldn’t bother me.

 

As I walked in the hall where the party is on hotel staffs are all greeting me, the manager did even lead me to the hall as if I don’t where it is. I just played as a good girl and thanked them.

 

Classic music welcomed my ears, perfect lighting welcomed my eyes, and a very classy atmosphere welcomed me. Everything was perfect minus the doctor enhanced beauties of the foxy fags smiling at me.

 

“Hey, So Min. You look gorgeous as usual.” One commented. I said, “You too.” I learned to compliment everyone at parties even though they look bad just to maintain the sweet-heiress image.

After passing onto some people I finally found my friends. Cheska, Leila, and Martini. They are the girls I love the most, they almost know everything about me and we simply click because we are all on the same fate, but tonight I will let myself break away from the chains that binds me.

 

I was so eager to get away because of one girl, Cindy. I met her to one of the orphanages we used to serve because of the traffic violations my girls and I commit. She was 3 years younger than me, but she is much matured than I. She grew up in that orphanage and served there as well to pay off. There are a lot more of tearjerker stories of young girls than her, but her story is the only one that got me curious to live a commoner’s life.

 

At the middle of the party, where everyone is a bit on the hit of alcohol in the middle of the dance floor Cheska covered me up. She pushed me in their back and tucked my head down on their back.

 

“What the hell?!” I asked irritated.

 

“Sssh! What do you want? Push you or have a dance with your stalker?” She asked with a concern with a pure amusement in her tone.

 

“! How could that punk enter in here? I though outsiders are not allowed.” I said as I tried to hide more from my girl’s back.

 

“I don’t get it why you call him a stalker, when he passed as an admirer?” Leila asked. She obviously has a crush on this punk but never admitted it, simply because that boy has a thing on me. The boy I’m talking about is freaking super idol, Lee Bum Hee .

 

“Remember he is an alumnus?” Martini added emphasizing the last word. Oh yeah, how could I forget it.

 

“Girl, he is on his way.” Cheska smirked; she was obviously enjoying the sight of me running away from Bum Hee. I really regret that I agreed on our dare and now that Bum Hee is really on my spell, but unfortunately I can’t cast my anti-spell on him. DAMN! I mean he’s hot and stuff but he was so tiring. Now, you think its fun? Yeah it is at first. Especially when fans attack you and stuff their faces are priceless, but I warn you as time passes by you’ll hate it. Idol’s fans are scary, even though I’m a freaking heiress they didn’t hold back on bashing me, but there would always be fans that accept me for Bum Hee.

 

I slowly walk far from him as he was approached by his fans. I really thanked them; I promise I won’t laugh at their craziness from now on. My friends left me at the middle of the dance floor, they told me to hitch someone and pretend as my date. I watched them walk on our table to distract Bum Hee, before he could look at my direction I just grabbed a random guy. I just wished he got the looks, so Bum Hee will think he is my new item.

 

If you could just imagine this guy’s face you will definitely laugh out loud. Just imagine I grabbed you in the middle of the dance floor and acted intimate with you. I placed my hands onto your neck and made my face two inches away from yours, and you can feel my breath. So you will wear the priceless WTF look.

 

I saw Bum Hee looking at us with his pretty boy smile that could make your undies drop, but not me. I got used to it already. He also got used to me, flirting with other boys right in front of his face. I do that to simply drive him away but he is such a big pain in the .

 

I saw Bum Hee’s manager running for him and some bunch of bodyguards to get him. Obviously he is just like me, a freaking heir. Spoiled and brat but a very fine man. Actually I can feel that our family will arrange us to each other to get a hold of our business, but I will definitely play hard to get first. Ah yeah, this night I will refuse my dictated fate. I just looked at the man I grabbed to be amused again.

 

“I’m sorry.” I said flashing a sweet-heiress smile.

 

“Uh.” Funny how this guy seems so weak and nerdy but judging from his watch he is no ordinary boy. I think I already saw him, once. I just don’t know where, when, and how. His face is so familiar. Oh crap! Please don’t tell me, one of the boys I played with.

 

“Excuse me. I think you grabbed the wrong guy.” He said stuttering. I just stared at him, DANG! He is good looking, better than Bum Hee, less than Leonardo de Caprio of course he is my only crush, just give it to me. “So Min-ssi I think you have mistaken me for someone.” He said. I knew it he know me and thank the heaven above because he is definitely not one of my old toys.

 

“Can you please just ride on for a while.” I whispered sweetly to him. If you look at it from afar, you’ll think we are just sharing some intimate moment. He didn’t even move or what so I guess he’s fine with it.  He smells nice and masculine, though.

 

I nudged him a little so I can see my friends, I obviously made a WTF look to them, and as good friends as they are they were very amused by me. Leila was really enjoying the sight of Bum Hee from the next table, having a discussion with his manager. From the look of his manager Bum Hee is winning the argument. Meaning I need to play more scene or else I wouldn’t get a hold of my show.

 

“Can I know your name?” I asked as we continued to sway with the music.

 

“Hyun Joong. Kim Hyun Joong.” Dang! Who is he?! I swear he is so familiar, but I can’t remember. Aish! Forget it. I just need to make Bum Hee leave me alone, since he’s freaking manager can’t. How could I have a hope on him? He is obviously scared cat when it is about Bum Hee’s background. Who wouldn’t be? You wouldn’t dare to mess with their family, as his dad does some good business, but his older brother holds some scary gangs from the underworld. Scarier than my MIB or maybe MIB came from them? Well, whatever.

 

As part of my show I gave him a peck and led him out of the hall. He was so quiet maybe because he is so shock from all my craziness? Seriously, I think he should be proud because the great So Min is with him. Forget it! I saw Bum Hee running after us with his MIB’s and manager behind him.

 

I stopped for a while when I remembered I didn’t have any booking for this hotel. Damn! Okay, I felt my body was being dragged by this Hyun Joong, I pulled away to stop him but he faced me. “You want to get rid of that guy?” I nodded. “Then come with me.” He said with a masculine voice. I didn’t have a time to respond when he pushed me to the corridor and made his face sideways to mine. Bum Hee thought we were making out, so I smiled at him. After some seconds, he opened one of the doors and slowly we entered, with our scene. Before the door closed, I glanced back at Bum Hee and his staffs, his face was so eager to wait because he know I won’t give in and I will come out after an hour or more. DAMN! He just knows me too well, he’s really a stalker.

 

“Thank you!” I said after the door closed. He walked to the kitchen and grabbed some water; my eyes slowly followed him as I sat on the couch. I must say hotel is fancy.

 

“Don’t mention it.” He said after a glass of water.

 

“I’m sorry for ruining your night.” I apologized.

 

“It’s okay. At least I got some excuse to walk out that damn party.” He said as he walks to the room to grab something. As if he really knows the place.

 

“Hate parties?” I asked playfully.

 

“Quite, because parties are full of pretenders.” He said as he walked out with a book in his hand.

 

“Yeah. So you consider me as one?” I supposed as he already know me.

 

“Nope. You won’t be scandalized so many times if you are a pretender.” He smirked without even looking at me. I laughed at his statement. For a while silence has gotten onto us. I stood up and peeked through the peek hole. Dang! The room across is occupied by Bum Hee, with MIB outside it, seriously waiting for me.

“Crap! He totally ruined my night!” I cursed.

 

“He is totally in love with you.”

 

“Obsess. I don’t believe in love, well, romantically speaking.” I corrected.

 

“Trapped into some kind of arranged-marriage?” He asked.

 

“Yeah. You too?” I asked but he didn’t answer me. Instead, he stood up and opened up the big LCD screen and tucked in some DVD.

 

“I guess, you would be here for some time. I hope you wouldn’t be bored. I’m not of a speaker.” He said as the movie started.

 

“You sure understand.” I smiled and stood up to enter the wash room.

 

When I came back, he was now on the couch seriously watching the movie. A freaking, boring movie. I sat on the couch same as him, just to signal him that I’ll watch and appreciate his effort. He moved a little without saying a word. I was staring at the movie while thinking of a way to pull my show. I wanted to call my friends but I forgot my phone with my pouch in our table. After some time, I felt my heavy eyes and in no time it was shut, because of the freaking boring movie. Where in hell did he have that?!

 

-----------------

 

Okay, I completely opened my eyes feeling the sunlight in my face. I expect waking up but I was wrong, I’m completely dressed with a shirt and a pajama, from the smell I can say he owns it. I was about to freak out when I knew it, but a large note was posted in the wall.

 

So Min-ssi,

               Don’t worry I didn’t change your clothes. I asked one of the chamber maids to do it. Your dressed will come in the morning; I send it to some dry clean because I accidentally spilled some cola onto it last night. It was your fault, you have fallen asleep and your head was dropped on my shoulder and I was startled and my cola spilled. Forgive me for that. Just call the hotel service for some breakfast .Don’t worry about your stalker, he completely thought we had some paranormal activity. I left your room after him, so no worries.

Nice meeting you :)

Hyun Joong

 

I smiled as I read it. I wondered if the Earth already had its corner, a Mr. Nice Guy just showed up. I went on some shower and fixed myself. I was cursing Bum Hee because of him I didn’t go on with my plan. Well, I just thought that the heaven saved me from a total humiliation because I myself was not so convinced with that plan, but I really want to live away from all the people I know.

 

The room service told me that Hyun Joong left already. She didn’t say much and I was not on the mood to listen too, I just ate my breakfast, especially ordered by Hyun Joong as the room service told me. Before I left I gave a thank you note to the room service and asked her to pass it to Hyun Joong. Well, as if I care if she will give it or not as long as I made an effort.

 

Reporter’s are all over the hotel entrance as I am in the lobby to do some check out, just to find out everything is settled. This Hyun Joong is totally mysterious. Who the hell is he? I thought reporters are not there for me, but I am so wrong. MIB grabbed me and dragged me to the back entrance; I didn’t say a word because I know they just approach me if something big is up.

 

---------------

 

“I thought you and Bum Hee are together? What the hell is this?! Who is this new guy?!” My dad asked me obviously very angry. He has every right to be, as my face and some pictures from last night were spilled from almost all the newspaper and net. I just sighed because Hyun Joong’s face wasn’t seen. The pictures were just me and him entering the hotel room with some intimacy.

 

“Dad, he is just some random guy I grabbed to get away from Bum Hee.” I answered comfortably as I flipped through the newspaper. He was simply irritated at me. “Haven’t done anything that miraculous. He let me sleep at his hotel room and left. I love you Dad!” I explained as I stood up to go to my room.

 

“No! So Min you stay there!”

 

“Dad.” I asked but he was obviously angry at me. I was afraid of what he can do to me.

 

“You are not going anywhere unless I told you so! You want a commoner life, right?!” He asked, I simply nodded because he was so scary. “You want it, I’ll give it!”

 

“Huh?!” I was totally surprised; no words came out from my mouth.

 

“You will live in Germany for about two years, no communications at all with us. I won’t give you any support; work on your own but after two years you will come back here. I don’t care what life you will have there you will definitely be back and marry the man I chose. No questions of yes or no. You’re going whether you like it or not. You asked for this and I’ll give it.” My dad said fiercely, so I really pissed him this time.

 

“Dad?” I asked softly.

 

“I’m doing this for you. This is the only discipline I can think of for you. I just hope your fiancée can still accept you after all the scandals you’ve been.” Dad said as he sat on his chair and signaled me to leave. I can feel the stress I give to him, but I can’t do anything right because of my bratty attitude.

 

“No one can ever resist me.” I said naughtily as I walked out of the room.

 

--------------------

 

The next thing I knew I am in Germany. My father was so serious of not supporting me; I didn’t have any home to stay at and no money to spend. I was just so lucky that I met this half-Korean ahjumma who works in a supermarket. She helped me at my first month in this foreign place. I was totally doomed but I don’t have a choice since my father’s words are so true and I can’t afford losing to this.

 

I have been a slave for others went through many hardships just too earn money. There were nights that I cried for my stupid decisions, but as I think about it I just realized that I need this lesson. As the next heiress of GQ I need everything for this. I thought about this as my training before taking over GQ.

 

I swear I will work extra hard to help employees, because I know how hard it is to live penniless. Hardships are there to teach us our lessons. Lessons, we need for our future, especially if many lives are dependent on your future.

 

--------------------

 

This elevator ride is so sure that I ended up remembering my past two years and how all this years that guy, Kim Hyun Joong disturbs my heart and mind. He totally left a deep mark on my life, I didn’t realize it that early but as I stayed up in Germany I realized that the mystery in him seriously got me in. Ironically, the guy who helped me to get away from my stalker got me stalking him in my mind. Whoever he loved surely is lucky. I totally don’t believe in love, romantically that’s why I didn’t mind it that much that we are not together even though I know he left a mark on my life. A very deep mark that no one could ever imagine.

 

We just met for a night and exchanged some words, and shared a peck. Seriously, if it was other guy they surely got advantage on me, but he didn’t. He was a true gentleman. A perfect husband to any woman.

 

The walk to this restaurant, is also long, I even remembered Kim Hyun Joong along the way. Why, maybe because I am meeting my fiancée this night. The very same date when my life was turned upside down. And mind you, this also in the same hotel. I guess that’s just pure coincidence.

 

A MIB opened the door and led me inside the private room with my dad and my fiancée with his parents. I walked as confident as ever but I didn’t dare to look at the man I’ll be marrying because I have a guess it’s Bum Hee. I took a seat beside my father, managing not to take a look at my fiancée.

 

“This is my daughter, Jung So Min. She just came back yesterday from Germany.” My dad introduced. WTF! He doesn’t even need to do it. I mean Bum Hee surely knows about it.

 

“Nice to see you again, So Min-ssi.” The guy said. I can’t be mistaken; I know who is the owner of the masculine voice is, no other than Kim Hyun Joong. I looked at him, he was smiling at me.

 

“It’s my pleasure, Kim Hyun Joong.” I said and took his hand for a hand shake.

 

This night is really an unusual night. This made me believe that love exist, you just need someone and something to make you realize that it exists.

 

I felt someone grabbed my hand under table and I saw him, he was smiling. Heaven knows how happy I am. This is not fate that made me remember everything, it is him.

 

It won’t happen unless someone didn’t want it to. It is not coincidence, there’s no such thing as coincidence just pure hidden connections.