Prologue

The Descendants: The Golden Era

A.N.

Hey everyone! This one is just a short chapter but this will be very important once we get into the middle chapters. Anyway, I have a very slow progression on updating so I hope you all will be patient with me, if you ever follow this story.

 

Feel free to talk to me in the comments below ^_^ I will entertain the rest of you once I have the time to check my aff. All I can guarantee you is the final remake of this story since I have published this for so long, yet I cant finish it because of author's block and my schoolworks. Also, the longevity of the chapters here is long to make it worth the wait.

 

Happy reading and enjoy the journey! 



Some folks dream of the wonders they'll do
Before their time on this planet is through
Some just don't have anything planned
They hide their hopes and their heads in the sand

Now I don't say who is wrong, who is right
But if by chance you are here for the night
Then all I need is an hour or two
To tell the tale of a dreamer like you



"Hurry! Take cover!"

 

Echoes and hurried steps was all I can hear in this vast place, carrying three, small, fragile infants with me. Their first cries that I have heard and desperation around the place impulsively made me to protect them. To care for them. All I can think of is to get to safety, getting away from this dangerous and toxic place.

 

"Jess! You must hurry!"

"I know, Tae, I know!"

 

I ran as quick as I can in order to get to the airport. I dont have enough time. If they caught up with me, the future of this world would be in ruins.

 

"Jess, look out!"

 

I looked behind me and saw vast of fire balls aimed at me. The only thing I could do is shield these three children with my exhausted body. God help us.

 

"Portal Open!"

 

The fire balls went inside the portal and was directed back to my pursuers. My call was answered.

 

"Eunhyuk, great timing." Taeyeon ran beside us as Eunhyuk was out of breath.

"I did what I can, Taeyeon. The rest are making multiple diversions to get the others to safety." Eunhyuk paused to look at me for a moment. "Jessica, are you sure you are going to take three with you? This could be dangerous for you!"

I looked at Eunhyuk and at Taeyeon, who was giving me a worried gaze. "I can't go back at this. I'm nervous. I'm exhausted. I'm afraid. I will never regain my life here but I can start anew with these three. Count on me, Eunhyuk"

 

Taeyeon sighed and patted my back. "Jessica, I can't let you go like this. Let me come with you! I cant bear being separated from you miles away-"

I shushed Taeyeon's mouth and pointed to the babies, who were fast as asleep. "You must stay here, Taeyeon. You have certain duties here as the future leader of the Elites. It will be too dangerous to stay hidden and stay with me, who is going to take responsibility for this three children. You're like a chick magnet." I chuckled at my statement, making our moods a bit lighter. 

 

She was smiling sadly at me, but nevertheless cupped my cheeks with her hands then kissed me desperately. I kissed her back, with a tear escaping from eyes. I can feel the pressure and the uncertainty on this suicidal and lifetime mission, yet the glimmering hope for a brighter future than my vision is keeping me to stay on this road I am going to take. I knew there was no going back.

 

Still cupping my face, she touched her forehead with mine, feeling her warm breath as it touches my lips.

 

"Take this with you." She kissed me once again and just like that, my energy capacity multipled a few more times. "Use it very well, my dear Ice Princess." Taeyeon wiped my tears away. "And stay alive."

 

I can't guarantee my safety but I will. I nodded as Eunhyuk opened a portal directly to my destination: my hometown.

 

"Stay safe and I hope to meet you all soon." I tightly wrapped the three sleeping infants in my arms before stepping across the portal. But I got goosebeumps as my ability's on the loose. Another vision, another prophecy

 

Before the portal closes completely, I gazed at Taeyeon's back sharply, knowing that she will notice my signal. Alas, I was right.

 

My eyes glowed into a bluish hue, signifying that my message has reached Taeyeon. Goodbye, Kim Taeyeon. 

 

I closed my eyes and breathed deeply as the portal closes, with Taeyeon's tearful, sad smile etching on my last moments as the Ice Princess.

 

Goodbye, Jessica Jung