Duetting Again

Time

Ibil puffed her cheek, pouting and poking sleeping Chanyeol's cheek again and again. He's been sleeping like for 12 hours or more. Ibil has got herself beautified at a beauty salon, get herself something to eat, bought herself some beautiful clothes, and got home again. But Chanyeol was still sleeping.

Ibil put her index finger in front of his nostrils, checking whether is there any wind blowing from the nose.

He's still breathing.” Ibil said.

At a moment, Ibil got terrified at her own thought that Chanyeol might have died so peacefully while sleeping. But then she exhaled in relief after proving it was wrong.

Yah, Park Chanyeol. What are you dreaming of, huh? Wake up.” Ibil started tapping his cheeks, pinching it, and twirling it.

Chanyeol finally made a move, locking Ibil's hand with his hands, putting them on his chest.

I have woke up since you're still away.” Said Chanyeol with closed-eyes.

Oh? So you just went sleep again?”

No, I didn't move at all. I just wait for you here.”

Then why didn't you wake up when I have arrived?”

I love it when you're disturbing my sleep.” He smiled ear-to-ear, laughing silently.

Ibil smiled, hitting his chest so softly. “You can never stop being so dumb, right?”

I think so.” He giggled.

Don't you feel hungry?”

Chanyeol opened his eyes a bit, looking at Ibil as he started pouting. He led Ibil's hand to his stomach, letting Ibil feel his stomach growling.

Ibil laughed, “It's your fault! Why didn't you wander around like you usually do every time you wake up? There are plenty of foods in fridge.”

Chanyeol pouted even more, “I want to eat with you...”

Ibil couldn't help but pinching Chanyeol's lips, making it looked like fish's.

Stop pouting, for God's sake!”

Eat with youuuuuu mmmm.” Chanyeol started throwing tantrum, he hugged Ibil's waist like a 5 years-old boy.

Yayaya, okay okay get up now. Let's eat.”

Hehehe.” Chanyeol giggled, following Ibil to the dining room from back.

 

 

They finally finished the dinner. And finally Chanyeol finished being childish.

Thankyou for the dinner.” He smiled, caressing Ibil's hair so softly. “I always love your cooking.”

Thank you for the kind compliment...”

No need to thank me for that.”

Ibil merely hugged Chanyeol's body so tightly, “Hey, hey, I just finished eating.” He giggled, caressing Ibil's back. “What's wrong, hmm?”

I finally can hug you like this again.”

Chanyeol kissed her on top of her head, “I'm sorry for being so busy. I really want to come home every time.”

Really?” Ibil looked up at his face, getting a sweet smile from him. He caressed her cheek.

Yep. I always want to come home, and get my guitar, and sing something for you. Don't you want it?”

Ibil nodded, “It sounds nice. It's been a long time since our last duet right?”

Chanyeol merely stood up and pulled Ibil to the balcony.

Wait here, I'm gonna take my guitar.” He tapped Ibil's head softly and walked to where he put his guitar, and walking back to Ibil who's sitting on their couch.

Chanyeol propped himself beside her, started positioning his guitar. “So, what should we sing tonight?”

Hmm, what about IU's Friday? Make it suitable for my voice, I can't reach IU's voice.”

Chanyeol smiled, “I know.” He started trying some low notes for the song that will be suitable for Ibil's voice. “Is it enough?”

Hmm, yeah!”

Ok, call. Let's start.”

As Chanyeol started playing the intro, they started to drown into the joyful mood of the song.

He’s probably busy on Monday

Tuesday seems too soon, don’t you think?

Wednesday feels kind of awkward

I don’t like Thursday for some reason

This Friday

How is this Friday?

Ibil chose the song for some reasons, Chanyeol knew that. He knew that he was just too busy to meet her, he knew how much she missed him. Without being overconfident, Chanyeol could guess that she missed him as much as he missed her, which was really much. The song was actually too sad for them, but he would try to keep the joyful mood.

Each minute, each second is so sweet

What is this man?

I can’t help but to fall in love

All day, my heart rides on that clock hand

Getting closer to you with each tick.”

 

Chanyeol started letting out his voice for the boy's part. He looked at her eyes and smiled.

It feels like something’s come over me

What is this girl?

I can’t help but love her”

 

They ended the song nicely. Chanyeol briefly put his guitar off and leaned it to the wall. He scooted over to hug Ibil tightly.

“I'm sorry. I will spend more of my time for you. I promise.”

“It's okay... I understand.”

“Thank you for always staying with me...”

She didn't answer, she didn't want him to hear her cracked voice, she didn't want him to see her crying, she merely buried her head in his shoulder. Chanyeol gave her a soft kiss on the head, muttering 'I love you' and letting her cry on his shoulder.

---

p.s. ibil i'm sorry for being so late please punish me TTTTT i'm sorry too because it's so freaking short TTTT i will make the better one when i've got the idea again. promise!!