Sequel

Crush

SEQUEL

Author's POV

Jessica stood still on the sidelines like always except this time she unexpectedly let out a single tear from her reddening eyes. Immediately wiping it away from her cheeks, she let out a shaky breath in an attempt to stabilize her breathing and ravaging emotions. 

"I need to go.", she said to NIckhun's other close friends. 'Escaping is the only choice I can take.' The tired woman stealthily exit the door without hesitation besides the answer was already evident. She lost. Well, it was bound to happen in any case. Living in such a judgemental and traditional country, even if her beloved would be willing to be her girl, they wouldn't last long enough especially the fact that Jessica knew that the woman doesn't swing her way.

With a light backpack worn on her shoulders, her feet unconciously started to take her away from the said place. Maybe, it was time for her brain to be in charge instead of always following the gullible heart which only leads her up to false hope. Instead of going downstairs to go home, she took the filght upstairs and decided to inhale some fresh air.

The cold breeze of the air welcomed her tear-striken face that she hid within the confines of her gray hoodie. She could still smell the lingering scent of Tiffany in its clothe and slowly, it was driving her insane to the point that she herself forgot what is wrong and right. Somehow the situation of her helping a friend to stand a chance with her bestfriend was right but the fact that this 'bestfriend' is the love of her life, she knew that there was something wrong especially with the way her heart was trembling from all the pent-up frustrations.

Playing safe and taking the risk weren't listed on her choices anymore besides their friendship made no sense anymore. Jessica was that cold pessimistic geek who can only rank high in test and fail in social activities or competions while there she was, Tiffany, the outstanding achiever of the batch even though she's just a transferee. This friendship or whatever you call it shouldn't have happened in the first place after all besides how can two opposites last long when one couldn't even confess her true feelings or at least share a secret.

......................................

The autumn season was slowly ending making a way for the harsh winter to start. The used-to-be strong leaves weakening and threatening to fall just with a low whistle of the cold air. Maybe, it was time for it to let go in order for the tree to blossom brighter in the succeeding seasons. With a gloomy posture, she raked the dead leaves into a pile.

"Jessica Jung.", a distant yet familiar voice came into her ears. She knew who the voice belongs to and it was no other than her. Her who made her into something unimaginable. Jessica looked across their big space of green yard, only to be met by those captivating hazel orbs that made her heart jumped into shallow hope once again. The owner of the voice walked slowly towards Jessica who was silently hoping for her to stop.

"Jessica.", her voice rung sternly which made Jessica gulped in nervousness and slight anticipation. "I miss you.", Tiffany said as she hugged the other like her life is on the line.

"I miss you too.", Jessica finally regained her consciousness when she unintentionally dropped the rake. She returned her best friend's hug and caressed her hair softly as she heard the slight sound of sniffles. "Hey, stop crying.", she let out a quiet teasing snicker but Tiffany's actions made her stop.

Jessica's POV

I stopped my playful teasing when she suddenly hit me with her arms. Sure, it was hard and powerful but fortunately I was able to make her stop. "Hey, what's wrong?", I asked sincerely while my hands were wrapped around her wrists in an attempt to halt her hits. 

"What's wrong?!  Are you ing serious with that question, Jessica Jung?" I remained mum and still but I knew the shock was evident beneath my eyes. It wasn't the first time I heard her curse but she only does it whenever she was serious. "You are what's wrong! Do you think I'm stupid to notice that you're avoiding me for the past week? Well, guess what I'm not stupid." Suddenly tears spilled from her eyes and for a moment there I stood still, not knowing what to do but then my heart controlled my hands as it automatically wiped her tears away. 

"I'm sorry, Tiff.", I repeated over and over again in a hushed manner, trying to calm her down and compensate for my wrongdoings. The word 'sorry' encompassing my mistakes from not only avoiding her, loving her, but also for unconsciously hurting her.

She looked at me with her creased eyebrows and eyes that were full of contained hate. "Is that all you can say? We were so fine back there." But then Nick happened. "You used to be my shelter, my crying shoulder, and my protector. Why did it have to change when everything is perfect?" Because I needed to get rid of these feelings before you find out and get rid of me. "Are you just in for my popularity? 'Cause I noticed you flirting with Hara when I heard that she used to be the queen bee of the school." I need to get out of here or else I might just blow up. I don't know how much painful words I can handle anymore. "Are you really that selfish?!"

That's it. "Do you really want to know why, Tiff?!", I know she was surprised since this was the first time I've yelled at her but the hurt was too much to bear now and I know that I'd die from this pent-up frustration. "It's because I like you... no.", I shook my head for a moment before continuing my statement. "I love you, Tiff. And don't ask me why 'cause I don't know the answer to it as well." I released a breathless sigh knowing that I let my voice cracked.

"I love you. You don't know how much it pains me to see that you're that you're smililng because of someone else besides me.", a lone tear escaped my eye followed by a dozen more until I can't count no more. "I know I have no right to complain but for some reason, I wanted you to look at me and no one else. Then reality struck me so I helped Nick to arrange you two together since it'll help me get rid of this feeling faster if I knew that you belonged to someone else's and is happy with him." I swallowed my pride as I said the next words. "I'm sorry for loving you. Let's stay away from each other for a while so that there may come a day that when I look at you, I would feel nothing but contentment." I took two steps backward before turning around and walking away completely from my happiness.

"WAIT!" I felt arms enveloping my lower body, preventing me to walk away. You're making it harder for me. "Please stay." I stopped resisting from her tight grasp, letting myself fall once again to fall into dark abyss of uncertainty. "I don't want to avoid you, Complain how much you want because I want you to." Her embrace loosen so I turned around to look at her with nothing but indifference. "You don't know how much I have to do to resist myself from giving away my feeling. I tried to let it go but you made me reject Nick when I smelled your perfume on that bear." I felt the quickening pace of heartbeat. "You don't know how much I tried to refrain myself from dragging that bitc- Hara off of you." I raised a curious eyebrow at her since I don't want to expect anymore.

"Yah! Are you an idiot? Won't you hug me?" she suddenly hit my head hard which made me wince slightly. "Why should I?" I rubbed the spot where she hit me, trying to lessen the pain. "Here I was thinking you're smarter than everyone else." Tiffany grabbed my collar before pressing her lips gently unto mine. It took me a few seconds to reply in the same amount of passion though. 

We broke apart after we were out of air. I pressed my forehead unto hers as our breaths mixed into one. "Get it now, idiot?", Tiffany brightly smiled with her eyes still closed as I watched her in amusement. "Yes, Miyoung." I said teasingly while I wiped the stains of tears off my cheeks before attending to hers. We looked into each other's eyes before feeling sudden coldness melting beneath my skin. 

Looking up together, we saw crystal white snowflakes pouring down on us. "It's our first snow together and I promise you that there will be more to come." I said as I held her hand before pulling her into the piled up dry leaves and jumping unto it. Our laughters joined together as we laid atop the warm dry leaves, with our fingers interlaced with one another.

............................

A/N:

Hey, guys. I'm really sorry for the really really late update but TADAAA!! I have it now. So, I hoped you enjoyed the sequel. Anyway, -firstoption- here now signing off. 

Special thanks to:

forevergorJESS9
nathanchen
witajess
baebysoshi9
Hatchi231
sonehdz
cheshire95
emeyih
shineenat
sophiaaa09
JeTi1298
ruka_nins
yunka9190
ritasitinjak
Shana11
Taenyxd
smirk7
anemixus
sicipluk
sunbyung4eve