Back to You

Betting Everything

Betting Everything

 

If he should name things that could turn his world upside down, his girlfriend would be on the top of the list. She could be the factor of his mood changes, when she's not okay, he would be more than not okay. But when she's happy, he would be like the happiest man that ever existed. It's strange but he didn't care.

He's now in his car, waiting for his girl whose class would be finished soon. He enjoyed checking Instagram and looking at his watch every 15 minutes. He didn't mind waiting even for more than an hour, as long as he could see her reaching home safely, he would wait no matter how long it was.

Wow, there's a good gig concert tonight.” Park Chanyeol muttered as he scrolled down a website that gives information about recent concerts.

He immediately called his friend who often work for a concert as a staff.

Hey, Sehun.”

Yo, Chanyeol.”

Are you working for the gigs in Hongdae tonight?”

Yeah, why? Want me to book two tickets for you again?”

Chanyeol laughs, “You know me.”

He heard Sehun laughed flatly, “Yeah, yeah, I know you. Don't worry, I'll book them for you. You have to come okay? Or else I would be nagged all night, the boss is so annoying this time.”

Don't worry! Thanks, Sehun!” He ended the the call before Sehun could reply his gratitude. “She will love it.”

Chanyeol smiled, putting his phone back to the holder, right when his girlfriend knocked on the window. He unlocked the door and she briefly get in.

Hey, Yeol.”

Hey, Fira.” Chanyeol kissed her head when she slouched to put her bag on the ground. “How's class?”

Some are boring, some are exciting, as usual.” Fira gave her usual simple laugh, “How about you? Hanging out with band again?”

Nope, I woke up late this morning.”

Why? Gaming again?”

I need to break Jongin's record, like seriously, or else he won't stop challenging me every time we meet. It really drives me crazy.” Chanyeol said as he start driving.

Fira messed Chanyeol's hair softly and laughed, “Competitive dudes.”

Chanyeol merely replied with the same laugh, “Wanna have some coffee?”

Sure!”

Chanyeol smiled, turning his car to a nearby coffee shop.

 

They sat on their usual couple couch, Chanyeol ordered a caramel macchiato for him and a green tea latte for her. Talking about music or anything they both love. Sometimes listening to each other's thoughts and nags about common issues. Everything will be fun to be discussed when they are both in a good mood, and that happened today.

Chanyeol was going to tell Fira about the concert to which he would bring her tonight when a girl suddenly hugged him from the back. Fira could only raise her brow in annoyance.

Being responsive as usual, Chanyeol immediately shrugged the arms off his shoulder, he threw an annoyed stare to the girl which was replied by an innocent smile.

Hey, Chanyeol.”

Oh, Yumi.”

Yumi was Sehun's partner in the previous concert he worked for, they greeted each other when Chanyeol was talking with Sehun after the concert ended. Yumi naturally walked to them and linked her arms to Sehun's while asking Chanyeol's name. Maybe linking her arms to someone's body is a habit, but Chanyeol couldn't tolerate it because he got a girlfriend already.

It's nice that you still remember me.” Yumi smiled, meanwhile Fira started to get more annoyed.

Yeah, maybe because I don't forget people easily. What's up?” Chanyeol tried to make her speak to the point.

I saw you came in and I spent plenty of my time to think whether I should greet you again or not because I was just too nervous.” She inserted a little laugh which Fira found it so not natural. 'She's not nervous at all.'

Oh, really?” Chanyeol replied her laugh with a very simple smile and snickers. “So?”

I heard that you're going to the gigs in Hongdae tonight, booked two tickets already? How about going with me?”

What?” Fira finally let her voice out.

I bought two tickets for me and my girlfriend, sorry.” Chanyeol said boldly to assure Fira.

Yumi sighed in disappointment, “Oh, so this girl is your girlfriend? Ah, so I lost the chance already...”

Pardon?” Fira said. But Yumi pretended not hearing Fira's voice, instead she leaned forward to kiss Chanyeol's cheek just like that.

See you later, Chanyeol.” Yumi smiled and walked out of the coffee shop, leaving dumbfounded Chanyeol and hot-headed Fira.

Who the heck is that girl?”

Chanyeol immediately grabbed Fira's hand, “Fira, please don't take the kiss too far. She's no one. We greeted each other in the previous concert I attended, she's Sehun's fellow staff, and I think she's just kinda y. Please, you trust me, right? We should go to the gigs tonight.”

Fira released Chanyeol's grip, “I'm not in the mood to watch any gigs tonight. If you still want to go, just go with that girl so that the tickets won't be a waste.”

Chanyeol merely watched Fira preparing herself to leave the coffee shop, thinking about what else he should say so that Fira won't be mad at him.

But in the end Chanyeol could just say,“Where are you going?”

Home.”

I'll take you home.”

No, I'll take the bus.”

 

Chanyeol followed her silently, but he lost her bus when the traffic light stopped his car behind. He couldn't reach her via anything. She locked her apartment, she didn't answer his call, she didn't reply his message, she didn't even read his chats. He lost the mood to watch the concert already, he called Sehun in guilt.

Let me guess, you're cancelling it.”

Yeah, sorry, I'll tell Jongin to watch it with his sister or maybe Kyungsoo.”

No need, Jongin has called me earlier. I don't know why but I've got the feeling that you will cancel the book so I asked him to wait.”

That's a relief.” Chanyeol sighed.

What's going on? I'm on break, just tell me anything.”

I met Yumi this afternoon, I was with Fira.”

Sehun exhaled, he already knew how Chanyeol's story would end.

She backhugged me, asked me to go to the gigs with her, and kissed my cheek so easily.”

And Fira left the dumbfounded you alone.”

Chanyeol merely nodded.

Sorry for making you met with her, Yeol. I also didn't like her at the first place, she's so y. I think I got allergic to her, she cling on me like every seconds.”

Chanyeol laughed at the word 'allergic'. Sehun was so honest, maybe Yumi had been badmouthed by him, that's why Yumi moved to Chanyeol.

So what do you think I should do?”

About what? Fira? Just go to her place and explain everything.”

It's not that simple. She's avoiding me at all. I can't even reach her via chat.”

Try to call her again tonight, a girl won't keep her anger so long, she might want to slap you actually. Keeping it alone will drive her crazy.”

Chanyeol laughed again, “Right. It will be better if I just get slapped then being ignored forever. Thanks, Hun!”

Ew, don't call me like that. It feels like you're 'honey'-ing me.”

Don't you ever dare to imagine it.”

Chanyeol smiled, feeling grateful to have a friend who wants to listen to him and gives him the way out. He promised himself to treat Sehun something later.

 

 

Chanyeol went to her apartment at 7 PM, bringing along his guitar and also a bucket of roses.

He dialled her number once he got in front of her door, wishing that she would answer it.

What?” Chanyeol nearly jumped when he heard her voice.

Hey, hey don't hang the phone up, please, listen.”

Chanyeol put his phone on the floor and start playing his guitar. He wished that the apartment walls are soundproof, so that he wouldn't disturb anyone.

Chanyeol started singing Royal Pirates' Betting Everything.

My life was black and white

but you came and colored in my everything.

And I don`t want to be blind

but without you there is nothing I can see.

Fira silenced in the other side, she always love Chanyeol's voice, she's actually a fan of guitarist Chanyeol too. Betting Everything is included in her 'Most Played' playlist recently. The combination nearly made her cry.

I’m gonna hold on

I don’t wanna give you up

I`m betting everything that I have got on you and me

Honey you’re the only one

I could never let you go

I've already lost it all if I can’t make you see

I`ll do anything to win you back for good,

I`m betting everything.

Before Chanyeol could finish the last interlude, Fira opened her door. She's got the feeling that Chanyeol was singing there since he started playing his guitar. Fira immediately hugged Chanyeol even though her body ached a bit because of hitting Chanyeol's guitar

Chanyeol carefully put his guitar off, leaned it to the wall and hugged Fira back.

I'm sorry... don't avoid me again.”

I hate you a lot. Why didn't you slap her when she kissed you?”

You know I can't be harsh to girls.”

I hate you for that and I love you more for that... you know?”

I know...” Chanyeol smiled, caressing her hair softly. “I love you.”

I love you too.”

Chanyeol leaned forward to kiss her softly, forgetting the rose he brought because he just realized that an acoutic performance is all he need to melt her heart.

 

---END---

 

p.s. i'm sorry, i know nothing about gigs in korea. i blindly put hongdae bc i remember that it was mentioned as an area which is full of teenagers (?) lol okay sorry bye, i wrote it in the mindnight so i'm just too lazy to make some research before writing. forgive me (_ _)

p.s.s. hope you like it, fir!!