Healed

One more day.

My name is Byun Baekhyun. The one who died and died and died within, the one who killed himself when all he wanted was to save himself. 

After you came back to me as a ghost, I realised that happiness... can no longer be something I can achieve easily now. Years have passed since you really left, and it was time for me to move on and leave all these darkness behind me. Easier said than done, huh. Every time I try to put it behind me, it just comes back like a shadow, sneaking around behind me. 

I didn't know what to do, so I decided to ask you for help. Of course, you really didn't answer me but that night, you came back as a dream. You told me to go to your room, where your guitar was. "Smash the guitar," you said, "I have a gift for you." The next day, I did as instructed. Your guitar was heavy, maybe because I've grown weak. After awhile, I got the hang of it but it took me the entire day to just leave a crack on it. I was devastated. I detested myself for becoming so weak, and I was angrier at myself when hot tears threatened to fall. I decided that I need to get a hang of myself and live my life on your behalf. 

After all, I am the one that should have been long gone, not the boy who wished to see the day his grandchildren got married. 

The next day, I decided to get a job. It was tough at first, with my health records and the scars that were still significant on my pale skin, but one day, I met the social worker on the streets. "You have a good voice, why not try volunteering for the hospital first?" and I did. Soon, my scars were fading, my strength slowly came back to me and I soon found that singing was the long-lost treasure I had yet to discover. The only thing that I shared with you that was closest to my heart. It was singing, the thing that made me smile again. Months passed and soon, word got out that I was a kid talented in singing and looked pretty decent, and many people came to scout me but I never had the courage to go for an audition. 

One night, when I went home, I felt that I had regained enough strength to break your guitar and so I did. Sitting on the edge of your bed, I can't help but to cry. Chanyeol, you were always looking out for me, even when you died. Twice. I am so thankful, Chanyeol-ah. 

The next day, I went to S.M Entertainment to audition, and I got in. I trained with the other trainees that were supposed to debut in a few months time and this was what you would have wanted, right? After all, we both shared the same dream, and now, I am going to live it for you. I am going to smile for you and live the life you could have lived for yourself.

The gift you promised me was the best gift I could ever have. By breaking that guitar, you taught me how to be strong once more. How to move on. By breaking the very last physical memory I have of you. 

 

Chanyeol ah, how are you? In a few days, I am going to make my debut with a group called EXO! It is a cool name, right? I have met 11 frien-no, brothers. I even met someone that is-

 

"Yah, Baekhyun! Stop writing in that antique book! Hurry, you promised to go grab some bubble tea with us! Hurry!!! Sehun is going to kill you! He dosen't care if he is the maknae or not, as long as you are in his way on getting that bubbly poisonous drink you're dead!" 

"I heard that, hyung!!!!" 

 

Don't worry about me anymore Chanyeol, I've healed.

 

"Geez, I'm coming, Chanyeol!"

•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·••·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•·.·´`·.·•

[ A/N: And that marks the end of this "triology"!! I hope that you have enjoyed it and reading your comments really encouraged me! So... I might or might not have a new fanfiction coming up! P.s. I apologise for the grammer/tense errors OTL ]

P.P.S What if I made an OC version of One More Day? Let me know in the comments below!