[3/4]

Vicissitude

For Nina, thank you for helping me. Thank you for editing this trash, I love you.

For inspiring me since the very first!

 

 

***

 



"Jongin!" Kyungsoo screams as he surges forward to his knees with tears stinging his eyes, but before he could even get to Jongin, Minseok and Sehun stands up and pulls him away with suppressed laughter. Suddenly, he sees Jongin standing up, suppressing his laughter as well. Kyungsoo's eyes widens in shock. 

 


He's okay, Kyungsoo exhales in relief as he trembled in Minseok and Sehun’s hold.




"Finally you're here, babe! I've been waiting for you!" Jongin says. Kyungsoo looks around him and he notices the people circling them still laughing. Jongin dusts off the remaining sand on his body. 



"W-what—" Kyungsoo tried to break away from Minseok and Sehun's hold, but they're both strong and Kyungsoo can't fight against their grips. He glares at Jongin.



"Stay still and just listen, Kyungsoo. We won't hurt you." Minseok assures as he releases him and so does Sehun. 

 

 

“I swear to God, Jongin—”
 



Dazed in confusion, they slowly push him down to a comfy seat. 

 


People are still surrounding them, and Jongin stands with his hands clasped together as he waits for Kyungsoo to settle. 

 


After a few minutes of breathing exercises  for Kyungsoo's panic attack, Jongin blushes as he grins wide, looking at boyfriend. 
 




"I'm sorry for making you run and worry like that, baby. I promise that would be the last!" He laughs together with the audience surrounding them. 
 



"As much as I want to kiss you right now, I can't. I have to wait because I planned this for years." Jongin says with all smiles. Kyungsoo catches Baekhyun and Chanyeol's attention as they made their way inside the circle of people behind Jongin. 

 

 

“What is this? What’s all this?” Kyungsoo asks dazingly, but Jongin is telling him to hush.

 

 

Chanyeol looks at him with a proud, closed-lip smile and Baekhyun tries his best not to snicker as he sees Kyungsoo looking confused.

 

 

 

Play ‘Baekhyun’s’ Song (Click)

 

 


Jongin nods at Chanyeol who starts playing a soft tune with his guitar. He continues. Baek begins singing a song in a low volume at the background. 

 


Kyungsoo feels his chest heaving, he doesn't know what Jongin is doing but he sits still and obeys Minseok and Sehun's orders. He sees Yixing on one side, being a part of the audience as well. Then to Suho, to Kris, to Tao, to Luhan, then to a smiling and calm Jongdae. 

 



They're all here and they're all smiling. 


 


"First of all, I want to thank you for being with me for five years now. I love you so much." Jongin exhales in relief and locks his eyes with Kyungsoo's beautiful orbs. 

 


"When I met you, I knew I finally met my match. It was only a matter of time until we arrived at this moment." He winks, Kyungsoo gulps down with lots of ‘What's this? What the is this Jongin? What the hell?’
 



"I can feel that you want to curse me right now for bringing you here," They all laugh in unison. Knowing Kyungsoo, he cusses a lot.
 



“But Kyungsoo,” Jongin says, more serious now, “We’ve been together for five years. I’ll probably be dead five years ago if I hadn’t met you. I love you, only you, and words aren't enough to express how much I do. I just want you to know that I love you. I really do, Kyungsoo.

 

“Thank you for everything that you've done for me, all the help, all the care, all of it! Thank you for saving me when I couldn't save myself. I was a mess but then you came, you gave me hope, Soo. You are my hope. You're my angel.”
 

 

Kyungsoo stares at Jongin, speechless and overwhelmed. He gulps hoping the nervousness would go down to this his throat, because he starts to feel his chest tightening again. 
 



“You know I have always feared about the future, I used to think that I wasn't good enough for you. But I just can't leave you. Maybe I was bound for you because honestly, you make me strong, and much stronger each day. 

 


“You gave me wings so I can fly.”
 



Kyungsoo starts to feel tears in his eyes, but he lets it fall. He feels overwhelmed to the point that Jongin is the only thing he could care about right now.

 

 

Jongin starts tearing up as well as he sees Kyungsoo’s eyes starting to shimmer. He chuckles, wiping his own tears off before continuing.



“There are many ways to be happy in this life, but nothing could really compare to you, Soo. All I need is you. I know my life will never be complete without you beside me to share it. You're the only one I want to share the rest of my life with. I promise you, Soo, no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than I will. I just can't imagine living in a world without you, maybe I would be dead a long time ago if I haven't met you.” He chuckles as he looks up at the sky, preventing his own tears to fall.  

 



“Life offers many challenges, but I know I can take on them if you're willing to face them with me.” Jongin grins this time. He slowly starts walking towards Kyungsoo, kicking the sand playfully on his heel.
 




“I love you, Kyungsoo. You know that, right?” Jongin kneels, pressing his palm against his cheek, wiping the tears away. Kyungsoo nods a few times before breaking into incoherent sobs. 

 


"I-I love you, Jongin. Always." Jongin leans in and kisses Kyungsoo on his forehead softly. He closes his eyes, cherishing how soft Jongin’s lips are against his.
 



Jongin grabs his hand as they both stood up, pulling him through the back of the crowd, giving them a small isle. They stop until Kyungsoo sees a big sand castle.

 


His eyes widen in surprise when he sees the big words carved on the sand. He places his hand on his mouth and his tears started to flow non-stop, and feels his own tremendous heartbeats.


 


Jongin takes his hand, kissing it gently before kneeling down to the sand. 
 



"Let's make a plan, Soo. Ten years from tonight we'll come back here with our children and we'll tell them the story of how I proposed to you." Jongin chuckles. Kyungsoo is still sobbing ugly but he still managed to whisper ‘we will’ with a hoarse voice, but he didn't mind.



"You deserve the very best; someone who will back you up without limits, let you grow without borders, and love you without end."


Jongin fishes out something from his pocket and smiles when he feels it with his hand. He pulls out a red velvet box showing an extravagant ring inside it. Kyungsoo gasps.

 



“Will you, Do Kyungsoo, my love, my life, my everything, marry me and let me be the one?” Jongin squeezes Kyungsoo's hand, hoping for a positive response. 
 



Jongin looks back at the sand castle, "And oh," he reads the big words, "Will you let be your king? I just built you a castle. Our castle I mean." He raises his eyebrows playfully with a huge smile on his face. 

 


"Yes! Yes, of course, Jongin." Jongin grins and slips the ring to Kyungsoo’s finger, locking Kyungsoo with his arms tight afterwards. People around them started to cheer and clap, shouting lots of ‘congratulations!’




Jongin stands up and wastes no time to crash his lips against Kyungsoo's plump ones. 
 



"I love you so much, baby." Jongin breathes, pressing his forehead against Kyungsoo's and wiping the new set of tears on Kyungsoo's cheeks. 



"I love you more, Jongin." He leans in and kisses Jongin this time, hearing more of the people's claps and cheers around them.

 

 

“Just stay with me for the rest of my life, okay?” Kyungsoo whispers, with his hands pressed along Jongin’s jawline.

 

 

“Okay.” Jongin smiles as he presses his lips against Kyungsoo’s own, cupping his head gently.

 

 

“If you’re thinking why I did this here, didn’t I tell you I want to let the whole world know that you’re mine?”

 

 

They both chuckled. “Yeah, I would never forget that!”

 

 

"I promise I'll protect you whatever happens." Jongin says as he showers him with kisses all over his face, Kyungsoo giggling as it tickles him. 

 



*** you can start replaying the first playlist hehe. ***

 



Suho gave them a surprise after; he gave the two an engagement gift by letting them have a hotel room alone for themselves that night. 
 



The whole group congratulates them as they arrive in a suite hotel. 

 



"To Kyungsoo and Jongin!" Suho shouts before proposing a cheers to everyone.

 


"MY FOREVER OTP!" Luhan adds, as he taps his drink with the couple.

 


Suho also paid for the drinks and everything, enjoying themselves as twelve who are always going to be together no matter what. 

 

 

The night got deeper but the whole group is still wide awake, recalling and updating each of their lives to each other.

 

 

Luhan and Sehun are happily staying strong together, just like Jongin and Kyungsoo. Jongin knows that Sehun already has plans on proposing to Luhan soon. And Kyungsoo knew about it since he has been eavesdropping when Sehun called.

 

 

Kris and Junmyeon are big as always, owning a huge company in Seoul where Jongin currently works.

 

 

Jongdae owns several specialty stores of the most exquisite clutch bags around Korea and some other parts of Asia.

 

 

Tao is joining the next World Olympics representing his country, China, in the high jump competition. The young lad has always dreamed to be an athlete, and now that he had his life goal, nothing more could ever make him feel more successful than this.

 

 

Minseok finally manages his own café in Seoul and in some parts in Daejeon. His own personal recipe became famous after Lee Soo Man, an acclaimed man jn the industry, tasted his Caramel Macchiato and announcing to everyone how they should try it

 

 

Lay studied for ten years in medical school. After it, he finally became a surgeon in one of the big hospitals in Seoul. Lee Soo Man even got operated there once, and when searched for the doctor who saved his life, it was actually Zhang Yixing.

 

 

Chanyeol will have a new album soon featuring his best friend, Kyungsoo. They say they make a good pair when it comes to singing duets and song writing. Their voice never gets old to the people in Korea. In addition to that, Chanyeol also debuted as an actor a year later in his music career and Do Kyungsoo just got casted for a drama.

 

 

Baekhyun, well, he sings and sings and sings; makes money everywhere and proving to everyone that he really is a natural born superstar.

 

Kyungsoo knew that Baekhyun had feelings for Chanyeol since the time they bumped into each other during college. Chanyeol was with Kyungsoo that time and Kyungsoo noticed how Baek’s eyes are focused on Chanyeol's.

 

He secretly hopes that two will get to know more each other soon.

 

 

 


"You should've seen Kyungsoo's face when I told him you drowned." Jongdae says making the whole group bursts into laughter as he recalls the earlier incident. 



"I hate you, Jongdae." Kyungsoo narrows his eyes towards him, gulping another glass of Jagerbomb; a bomb shot mixed by dropping a shot of Jägermeister into a glass of Red Bull. It was the group’s favorite especially at these kinds of events.

‘A man’s drink.’ Luhan says.

 

 

Kyungsoo shakes his head as he tries to forget the trauma it caused him. He doesn’t know what happens if Jongin left him there.
 



"Chenfirmed!" Chanyeol shouted, laughing his off with the rest and earning a slap in the arm from Sehun.


 


"He was so cute, Jongin. I swear to all the gods!" Luhan laughs more, following the guffaws from the whole group. 



"I should've seen it!" Jongin with his tears on his eyes now, laughs at Kyungsoo. 



"Jongin. I nearly died." Kyungsoo warns, glaring at his fiancè. 
It was true, his lungs were burning and his knees were about to give up. The unending throb of pain on his head wasn’t doing anything better as well.



"It was obvious, Kyungsoo. You look so pale!" Sehun claps as he laughs more with the group. Kyungsoo swears that one day, their time will come. 



"Sorry, babe." Jongin exhales from laughing and drinks another shot before kissing Kyungsoo on the lips. 


 


Drunk. 




By three in the morning, they began searching for their rooms as Jongin and Kyungsoo exits the suite hotel room. They had a blast, thanks to the cult.

 

 

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo, noticing that at any rate now, he might drop into sleep. Jongin whispers an ‘I love you’ and drapes an arm around Kyungsoo to support him while placing a soft gentle kiss on his temple as they walk together to their room.


 

Kyungsoo falls asleep first, leaving him awake. He plays back everything that happened today with a smile creeping on his face. He takes a good quiet shower before joining Kyungsoo on the bed.

 

 

He stares at his sleeping fiancé, brushing Kyungsoo’s cheeks with his gentle touches. Jongin couldn’t find more peace than staring at the love of his life sleeping soundly. He kisses Kyungsoo gently and is careful not to wake him up before he himself drifts to sleep.

 

 

 

But by 5 in the morning, the skies are still gloomy and Jongin jolt his eyes open, waking up first. He is surprised to see Kyungsoo still in deep sleep.

 

 

He sighs as he placed his arm against his forehead leaning back at the sheets. Kyungsoo stirs.

 

He dreamt of Kyungsoo slow dancing with him, and the next he remembers is seeing Kyungsoo in an accident. He softly knocks on the wood table beside their bed, hoping and wishing that nothing will happen to Kyungsoo. He prays and prays until he finds relief.

 

 

He tries to go back to sleep and when he turns to face Kyungsoo, he was expecting for an angel sleeping; but instead, he sees Kyungsoo’s shirt up, revealing a part of his milky white skin.

 

 

Touché.