difference of paths

Gracious Wishes

"Hey, I won't be joining you guys for lunch," Krystal flatly announced to Luna and Sulli as Sulli arrived at their tables for another meal together. 

"Why?" Luna turned and looked up to Krystal with bemused eyes, while Sulli merely stayed silent, as if understanding what was going on.

Krystal did not show any response but rather continued packing her table before standing up to leave after she was done, then walking away without acknowledging Luna or Krystal.

Luna watched Krystal walk out of the classroom and shrugged, her lips forming into a small pout.

"Must be those girls again," Sulli muttered under her breath.

"What?" Luna faced Sulli with questioning eyes about whatever she had just said.

"Oh, nothing," Sulli was inwardly relieved that Luna had failed to hear her words.

Krystal watched the two from outside the classroom, still hesitating on her decision. As Sulli and Luna proceeded out of the classroom, she turned around swiftly to prevent herself to be discovered. After much thought, Krystal came to a conclusion that she must do what she said she would.

She hastily made her way down to the canteen and found the five girls seated at a table in the corner. Catching their attention just as she arrived, Yeri waved to her and smiled. The corners of her lips lifted by a milimetre as she unintentionally, almost, reciprocated it.

"What took you so long?" Seulgi's voice had a tinch of annoyance in it. Krystal tried to keep herself from rolling her eyes.

"We thought you weren't going to come," it was unexpectedly Irene who was speaking.

"Let's get our food," Wendy suggested and they all stood up to do so, all except Yeri.

Yeri noticed the Krystal's questioning look and immediately answered, "I'll be watching the table here first," she softly said.

From the corner of her eye, she spotted Joy nudge Irene. They then exchanged a moment of looks before Irene opened , "Yeri, come with us. Seulgi, you do it this time."

The said girl was left gaping at the table, holding her expression that wrote of injustice. 

"Yeri clicks well with the girl, while you don't. You know what Irene wants, so just stick to the plan," Wendy whispered into Seulgi's ear while Krystal was not looking. Seulgi folded her arms and looked away. The rest of the girls shrugged and proceeded to get their food.

"Krystal sunbaenim, let's go," Joy's voice startled Krystal out of her daze. It was only then that she realised she had been observing Luna all around. Questions aroused in her head on why she was doing so, but she decided to leave that alone and walked off with the rest.


Was this update unexpected? Haha I lost my phone and I thought all my data would be gone AGAIN but luckily I have (most of) them in the previous SD card I used. So I was looking at my planning for this fic and decided to write an update so here it is. Hope it's good! Oh and happy new year :) btw this story progresses so slowly ahaha I'm sorry D: and it gets worse with the slow updates D: I really do hope I will finish this!! But no promises :/