Chapter 6

Future child

Dinning room

Once they had all seated and some explaining had been done. The others were gathered around Mr Kim as he sat across the table from Haerin. He had a strong look on his face as he saw that Haerin did appear to look like Key but saw nothing of Taemin in her features. He thought that maybe Key had much more dominant genes than Taemin which to him seemed fairly reasonable. Haerin was sitting there blinking her eyes and waiting for Mr Kim to say something. She knew that she was being studied to see if  she had in fact been telling the truth about her parents. Finally some of the tension in the room shifted as Mr Kim smiled kindly.

"I most definitely see the resembles between my little grand daughter and Key." Mr Kim declared.

Mr Lee smile as well. Key and Jonghyun turned to Mr Kim, both confused. The girl looked like Key, but to them she was looked different somehow. She didn't really look anything like Taemin. How come Mr Kim and Mr Lee couldn't see that?

"I don't see the Taemin side to this girl." Mrs Lee said leaning over and whispering into Mrs Kim ear.
"Un....neither do I." Mrs Kim whispered back. 
Now that Taemin had gotten a much better view of Haerin, he found himself searching for any sign that this girl was his daughter. Though the more he looked, the less he saw 'shouldn't she at least look a little like me?' Taemin thought, though that hadn't kept him from convincing himself that this girl was his daughter, even if there wasn't many signs of it.

Haerin hadn't said anything set this point. She knew that messing with the timeline and this could be dangerous to get current present. She sat and watched as Mr Kim stood up and moved over to Haerin. He embraced Haerin in a death hug.

Haerin awkwardly placed her hand on Mr Kim's back unsure of what to say at a moment like this..

"Kim Haerin I know you have probably already been introduced to the family, but welcome to the family once again!" Haerin smile to her grandpa. "What do you say to spending sometime with your umma and appa?" 
"I'd love that!" Haerin replied.
"Taemin, Key!" Mr Kim called, moving away and hoping that two would come together to spend time with their daughter to show  them how nice their domestic life could be. 
"Eh" Haerin groaned glancing to the side. She had to keep reminding herself that everyone thought that she was Key's and Taemin's instead of Key's and Jonghyun's child.

Haerin had to make sure that Jonghyun would come along with them. "But I want to  Jonghyun to come with us, It'd be nice." she recommend.

"Fine, I suppose Jonghyun must be a close friend of your family during your time." Mr Lee stated smiling and crossing his hands.



Future


The future Key watched her memories play on and watched as his dad was trying to push Haerin into spending time with Key and Taemin. He couldn't very well do about it since she was in current time, but the memories of Jonghyun brought a nostalgic feeling, but with that feeling came an uncomfortable twisting in his stomach. The wounds of his lose were still fresh. He figured right now that he needed talk to Onew.

"We now know what's happening, but we need to do something to get her back here." Key stated, turning to Onew. " Are you seeing anything yet?" 
"Yes."
"Please Onew hyung do something." Key begged.
"You can make another time machine." Taejun stated.
"It will take time."
"Please Onew hyung , I all ready lose Jonghyun, don't want to lose her." Key pleaded.

"I will try." Onew  said.


Present time


Haerin hadn't been able to sleep very well. She hadn't gotten much time to hang with Jonghyun since his attention always some where else. Taemin kept trying to ask questions to her that she  wosn't sure she could answer, doing her best to avoidTeamin's questions. It was hurting her appa to see that Taemin was trying to be motherly towards her with the idea Key being her father.

Now that everyone had gone to sleep. Haerin went to the room where her father was currently resting. She knew that she could sit near him without his waking up, but she really wished she could be closer to him, only to comfort him while he was sad during the entire time Key and Taemin had been together around him."I'm sorry appa..." she thought, bringing her knees up to her chest and hugging them tightly. This was too confusing for her. She wasn't sure what she could do in this timeline to help Jonghyun and Key get together or some way of preventing them from taking the trip that took Jonghyun's life away.

She felt tears stream down her cheeks as she gritted her teeth in frustration at how she felt now. Wasn't there anything she could do? Could she maybe end her own existence with this? What about her brothers?  She held a strong will as long as she could, but the gravity of the situation was weighing down heavily on her.

The Future


"Is everything ready?" Key asked.
"I think so..." Onew added.
"What's with the fried chicken?" Taesun asked, pointing to the fried chicken.
"I'm getting kind a hungry..." Onew replied.
" We really get back to the task at hand." Key said and entered the time machine. 
"Key, are you sure about it?"
"Yes Onew hyung." Key said with a nod.
"Ok , do it fast. We don't have much time." Onew said. And the machine start.