Bump in the Night

Bump in the Night

{      ☽☾ ---- 

          Being on a brief break before promotions kicked up again let the members of Boyfriend free to do whatever they wanted. While most of the members left to visit family or friends, the twins used the situation as an excuse to be lazy, bumming out on the couch. It wasn’t until the evening that the younger of the two suggested a horror flick to set the mood, specifically a murder thriller. Cowering within their little makeshift fort of pillows and blankets, they both let out a simultaneous shriek of terror when there was a sudden pounding at the front door and jiggling of the doorknob.

          “Oh god,” they whimpered together. “We’re gonna die, we’re gonna die…” Clutching to one another as if it was the end of the world, they silently made their way into the kitchen while keeping their eyes glued to the door, shaking in its frame. Youngmin’s hand darted for one of the drawers, grabbing the largest knife he could see.

          “Youngmin, no!” Kwangmin whined under his breath as his brother stepped away from his side and headed to the door. Ready to strike, the older raised the blade up high when the lock finally clicked open…

          Both boys held their breath as their hearts pounded up to their throats, awaiting their impending doom as the door slowly swung open on its hinges with an unearthly creak. A shadow greeted them from the hall before making its way into the light of the dorm…

          “Yah,” Donghyun muttered questioningly, raising a brow at the two paralyzed boys staring at him wide-eyed. “What the hell are you guys doing?” As soon as the words left his lips, the twins breathed a synchronous sigh of relief and Youngmin slowly went to put the knife back. They were safe for tonight.