Packing Up

Shattered Memories

***************

 

January 4th. I got home after seeing Chanyeol. I feel really bad that I left him there. I ran away without even saying goodbye properly. I felt sad for him. I hope he didn't find it odd. :(

I've been soaked up in the sorrow that I've forgotten how it felt to love someone.

And when it hit me - I got really, really scared.

Falling in love with him felt right, like it's the most natural thing that could happen in this world. But it also felt horrifying, considering what happened the last time I fell for it.

Am I ready to take the risk again? :\

 

---

"You okay?" the lady tapped Chanyeol's shoulder. The latter seem to have been dazed when the guy he was with left.

*Why did he take off just like that?* he thought.

"Hey, big guy. You're drifting off... Are you okay?" the lady asked again now shaking the taller waking him up from his trance.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. I'm okay ahjumma." he replied. "The food was amazing by the way. Sorry we weren't able to finish it all." he added.

He bid the lady goodbye and started heading home.

"I shouldn't have hugged him. It fraked him out real bad... Will he ever talk to me again?" he asked himself.

"Arrrrrrghhhhh, I ed this one up." Chanyeol ruffled his hair.

---

Baekhyun was playing games on his phone when someone knocked on his door.

"It's open." he shouted.

"Hey Baekkie! I brought you the stuff I told you about." Kyungsoo barged into his room with a backpack of some sort.

"What stuff?" Baekhyun asked, raising an eyebrow. "These." he replied pointing at the backpack. "I texted you earlier. didn't I? he added

*Oh yeah, he did. Sh*t I haven't packed yet.* Baekhyun thought.

"Now, where's your luggage?" Kyungsoo asked. "Uhhh, you see. I haven't really... packed... yet?" Baekhyun replied avoiding the older's gaze.

"WHAT?? WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVEN'T PACKED YET???" Kyungsoo exploded. Baekhyun knew that the older had a thing for time management and not packing a few hours before their flight would really piss him off, mostly because Kyungsoo doesn't like cramming the last minute.

"Byun Baekhyun, you do know that our trip is in six hours right?" Kyungsoo asked, boy he sounded like a strict math teacher. The younger just nodded.

"THEN WHY THE ARE YOU NOT PACKED YET???" he exploded again. Baekhyun is really scared of the other when he's infuriated like this, but he was happy inside because it shows that Kyungsoo cared for him a lot.

Kyungsoo glared at the other like he was attempting to melt him to slush. Baekhyun just walked in closer to the older and hugged him.

"I'm sorry, Kyungsoo. I just forgot. I guess I got too excited with the trip that I skipped the part where I had to pack my things." he explained. Kyungsoo had a very short temper for this type of things but Baekhyun knew what calmed him down - simply hug him. A trick Jongin learned from him when the two of them started dating.

"Gwaenchanna. Sorry I blurted back there, I'm just worried we'll be late if you don't get it done right away." Kyungsoo replied ruffling the younger's hair. "Alright then lovebirds, enough with the sweet stuff." a voice behind them said. " off, Minseok!" Baekhyun said hugging Kyungsoo tighter. The other two chuckled.

The three boys packed up Baekhyun's things.
It wasn't much really. He only had a few pairs of jeans, some shirts, underwear, skincare and toiletries. His luggage got filled with Kyungsoo's stuff though - it seemed like Baekhyun was the one sharing the luggage space.

"Do you really have to bring this lot, Kyungsoo?" Minseok asked in disbelief. "We're going on a vacation, not moving out, you know." he added. Minseok got a hit on the head as a reply. "Yaaaa, of course I need this much. I have to have options on what to wear." Kyungsoo defended.

The other two just shrugged, Kyungsoo is very fancy when it comes to clothes. He always had to dress up and look good when he's out in public so they knew arguing with him bout this is a waste.

They talked about their plans for the trip and parted ways to get ready for the flight. Baekhyun was about to take a shower when his phone beeped.

 

From: Park Chanyeol

Baekhyun-hyung. im sorry for what happened earlier, i didn't mean to freak you out or anything. i really just got scared.

Hope you forgive me. im so sorry :'(

 

Baekhyun smiled at the text messaged - he felt really sorry for leaving him behind. And now the younger is thinking he freaked out because of it. Well yeah, he did freak out but he was happy that Chanyeol did it. It made him feel that he was loved.

He replied back and headed off to the bathroom to shower.

---

Three ramyun cups and a tub of ice cream all emptied out. Chanyeol was now devouring his fourth ramyun cup when he heard his phone beep.

 

From: Byun Baekhyun

It's okay Chanyeol-ssi, i just got surprised with what happened, i guess. Thanks for the food though, it was great. :)

 

Chanyeol felt good that he replied, but for some reason it didn't feel enough. He still felt guilty and he had this urge to apologize personally. He started thinking of a plan to get Baekhyun to meet up with him again so he could say sorry.

He can't just ask him out after what happened, that would've been very awkward. Or pretend on learning photography, he already did that and it blew up his chance.

"Aish, I'm out of options." he said. He sat in front of his computer and checked out his SNS. He noticed a post that lit up a lightbulb in his head.

 

Baekhyun Byun (@byunbacon) - Prepping for our early morning flight. Jejudo here I come! :3

 

"So that's what Jejudo was for." he said, recalling what Baekhyun murmured earlier at the café.

"Wouldn't it seem weird that I casually show up there though?" he asked himself. He suddenly grinned and got up the get his phone. He dialled a number and waited impatiently for someone to pick up.

"Hello?" a sleepy voice answered.

"Yo, Sehun! You have a camera right? You know, the one photographers use for those stuff?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah, I do. Why'd you ask? And why the did you call me this late?" the younger replied. "Sorry, but anyway. Pack your stuff! We're going to Jejudo!" Chanyeol said with a wide grin on his face.

"Wait, what? Did you say Jejudo? Woah dude, you serious?" Sehun asked, his voice sounding very excited. "Hell yeah I am, go get ready. I'm booking us tickets tomorrow afternoon. Bring the camera with you, aight?" he replied.

"Okay, I'll text you later." the younger hanged up.

Chanyeol clapped hs hands and grinned.

It may sound like he's about to stalk on Baekhyun but that didn't matter right now. He had to see him. Only one reason really - he liked Baekhyun.

He was falling for Byun Baekhyun.

---

I wonder what went through Chanyeol's mind when I took off that night. But I felt bad for him because he blamed himself for what happened.

If only he knew though. I can't tell him, not yet.

For now, I'll be having fun at Jejudo. Well, at least I'll try to have fun, kekeke :)

 

END OF CHAPTER 5 (Packing Up...)

 

***************

 

...

I have to say thank you to those who have been reading this fanfic, you guys are the fuel to my think tank to come up with better chapters for this baby.

Sorry the update took two days before the last. I had flu so I needed some rest :(

 

Anyway, I hope you keep hanging here with me as the story gets better. And it will, just hold on :)

peace out! kerby-hyung

...