Another way to see you again

A Life Full of Regret

Eunji had just gotten into a horrible car accident. She was left all by herself in the street with no one helping her. Luckily, a passerby found her and called 911 but it was way too late. Her body was now in the hospital with no one coming.

But someone unexpected came. Her boyfriend. He had gotten the call at Taeyeon's house.

"Hello? Is this Mr. Byun Baekhyun?"

"Yes. This is him. Who is this?"

"Hello. This is Seoul Hospital. Ms. Kim Eunji has been involved in a car accident and she has passed away." 

"W-what? S-she what?" His eyes began to fill with tears and his body was frozen. He stood up from the bed in which he was laying on with Taeyeon and ran out the door.

He ran all the way to the hospital in tears. While on his way to the hospital, all the bad thoughts from his actions towards her came back. He knew that he would never be able to see her beautiful face again and he was in despair.  She would never be able to hear him apologizing and he would regret his actions forever.

"E-Eunji? I'm here. Your boyfriend, Baekhyun. I-I'm here. Wake up. Open your eyes!" He said to your now cold body.

"Eunji? I'll buy you your medicine. I'll be right back, so when I do will you be awake?" Baekhyun asked while sobbing.

He held your cold hand in his and put it to his cheek.  

"Your hand is so cold Eunji. I'll warm it up for you." He then put hot air onto her hand, but it was no use.  Her body would never be warm again.  

*It was all my fault. If only I had bought her medicine and taken care of her, she would never have gone like this.*

He stayed with her until it was time to be separated. He caressed her hand and kept repeating that he was sorry.

"I'm sorry Mr. Byun Baekhyun. We tried our best. Her body was already weak from her cold and she was also left alone on the street with major injuries for a long time. We are very sorry." The doctor said.  However, Baekhyun could not hear anything he said. His tears were coming out like waterfalls and all the thoughts of Eunji came back once again.  He touched her hand for the last time and watched them wheel her away.  

At Home:

Baekhyun came back home lifeless and dull. He stared at the food that Eunji had prepared that was now on the floor. He took out the letter and the present from the trash can and hugged it while he cried. He slowly opened the letter and it said this:

Dear Baekhyun,

I think it's my first time writing a letter to you, right? I'm sorry I couldn't. I remember the time when we were a good and happy couple and I wonder how that changed. It must have been because of me right? *No! It wasn't because of you Eunji. it was because of me.* Anyways, I am hoping to fix our relationship again and maybe last forever. Will you try too? I hope you do. I don't have more to say so, I love you! 

 

                                                                 From Eunji

His tears started coming down once again and he opened the present. It was a bracelet that Eunji used to always wear. From this moment on, it became his most prized possession. After this day, his life became dedicated to Eunji. He would never hang out with other girls and he would always come home early to see his Eunji. Yes, in his mind, she was not dead. She was forever with him. He would buy her favorite foods and buy her presents even if it was not a special occasion.  Her grave was like his second home because he spent so much time there. He didn't want to make her feel lonely.  Time went by and 2 years passed since her death. He became depressed and he was not allowed to stay at home by himself. He only lived for Eunji and Eunji only.  In his dreams, he always saw Eunji crying or alone and he awoke drenched in sweat and breathing heavily. Afterwards, he would run to her grave and stay with her. Often, he would take off his jacket and place it on top of her grave in order to warm her. 

One dreadful day, he felt more depressed than ever. It was Eunji's death anniversary and he started to recall all the bad memories again.  He decided that he wanted to end his worthless life on the same day that Eunji's precious life had been ended in a terrible accident.  He took out the pills that had been prescribed to him to help him sleep at night.  Those were the same pills that ended his life.

*Thump*

His body fell on the ground after some dizziness and stumbling. His sister ran into the room to find his body. This was when she called 911 and he was soon pronounced dead as a DOA(dead on arrival).  Baekhyun's wish was to see Eunji's face once again, but it didn't come true. He had never taken a picture with her so he did not have one. He asked her parents for just one picture but they denied and said harsh words to him like, " Are you going to burn the picture? You're just the type of person to do that." He of course said no and that his intentions were good, but they didn't believe him. 

Baekhyun wrote a letter before he passed away to all the people that he loved and cared about. Here they are:

Dear Mom, Dad, and Noona,

Hi everyone. I'm pretty sure I will have gone to the other side when you read this letter.  I decided to follow Eunji and end my life.  Mom and dad, I'm really sorry I wasn't a good son and I made you hear that I was such a bad person.  I really didn't want to disappoint you like this, but I feel like me being alive will just make the world a worse place.  Noona, I'm also really sorry that I wasn't a good younger brother and I always played jokes on you when we were young. I hope we can all be a family in our next lives. Thanks for being caring to me. Well farewell.

Dear Eunji,

Hi Eunji. It's your bad boyfriend Baekhyun. I'm writing this letter to you to express my feelings. First off, I really want to say that I am sorry. I never respected your feelings and I always looked down on you while you pointed out the best in me. I just wanted to tell you that I have always loved you even for the past year. I honestly don't know why I was so bad to you and cheated on you, but I will regret it forever. After I came home from the hospital, I saw the food that you had made for me that was on the floor. I was crying while I picked it up. I realized I could never see your face again and I could never show you a changed me. I saw the letter and the gift. The bracelet is beautiful, Eunji. I am wearing it as I write and I will wear it forever even in my grave. I'm sorry and I mean it. Please forgive this horrible boyfriend. I have now realized that your love was the only thing that kept me living and now that it is gone, I cannot live too. I really hope we can meet again in the afterlife but I don't think we will. If we meet again, I will try to be a good boyfriend. Oh, I'm crying again just at the thought of you. Well farewell Eunji. I love you.

Love, Byun Baekhyun