Goodbye my love

A Life Full of Regret

A loud ambulance siren rang as it raced down the streets of Seoul, South Korea.  It was heading to Byun Baekhyun's house where Baekhyun lay on the floor with pills scattered near him.  The desperate call to 911 came from his older sister who had come to visit him.  

"Hello, this is 911 how may I help you?"

"Please help! My brother tried to commit suicide. H-he isn't breathing and he is very pale. Please come quick. Please!"

Time Slip: At the hospital

"I'm sorry miss Byun Naeun, Byun Baekhyun is dead." He was wearing a bracelet that was his most prized possession.

 Naeun was devastated. Her one and only little brother had just committed suicide and left this world.  The truth is, he had suffered depression ever since his loving girlfriend died.  However, before her death, he didn't think of her as anything special but when she died, he had realized that he had just lost the love of his life. He wanted to reverse time and go back to love her and start over again, but time had already passed and she would never come back.  He had just lost the light of his day, Eunji.

Flashback: Christmas Day

*Is Baekhyun coming home late again as he always does?* 

Eunji was home alone as she sat on the couch waiting for her boyfriend, Baekhyun.  Everyone told her that he was the wrong guy to date and that she deserved better but, she thought further than that.  She believed that he was capable of changing his ways and that he would change someday.  They had been a fine couple that everyone was jealous of until last year.  They had had an argument that would change everything.  She had seen Baekhyun and another girl making out right in front of their house. Yes, right in front. Although everyone would think that Eunji was the one who should argue and the one who should be sad about it, Baekhyun didn't believe that.  He believed that Eunji was the one at fault since she was the stupid one that caught him.  However, everything that he thought would change only a mere 24 hours later.

Eunji planned that she would try to make up with Baekhyun tonight, and become that couple that everyone wanted to be again.  She had set delicious food on the table and also had written a letter and purchased a present.  It was a promise bracelet that she was already wearing and a bracelet that she hoped Baekhyun would wear.  

 The front door unlocked and Baekhyun came in.

His face became scrunched and he hinted that he was disgusted by her.  However, she was a loving girlfriend who invited and welcomed him lovingly.

"Oh,Baekhyun? How was your day? Did you miss me?" 

"Why would I miss you?I mean I have a better day when I don't see you. But I do miss Taeyeon noona so I think I'll see her tonight. You can sleep alone today. She's going to come over and sleep with me on our bed. And whenever I look at your face I always see all the bad points about you.  Compared to you Taeyeon noona is a very good cooker unlike you and she is petite while you are a giant. She fits perfectly in my arms when I hug her but I don't even want to hug you." 

"Baekhyun , why have we become like this? We were once a happy couple but you changed. I REALLY DONT UNDERSTAND! I ALWAYS DO THINGS FOR YOU LIKE WASH THE LAUNDRY AND COOK YOU FOOD! YOU NEVER THANK ME FOR IT AND YOU ALWAYS COMPARE ME TO HER!" That was it. She had exploded. 

"WELL EUNJI. I REALLY WANT TO BREAK UP WITH YOU BUT I HAVE MY REASONS TO WHY I CANT BREAK UP WITH YOU. RIGHT NOW, WHILE YOU ARE SAYING THIS TO ME, MY LOVE FOR YOU GETS SMALLER AND WEAKER WHILE MY LOVE FOR TAEYEON GETS BIGGER AND STRONGER!" His untold reasons were because deep inside, he still had a place for her. He still loved her, but he never told her. He would wish that he did later on. 

Eunji's tears had come flowing down by now. She felt like she had crashed from the top of a building onto the floor. His words teared her heart and forever scarred it.  Baekhyun and her stood face to face from each other and the killing silence was ended when Baekhyun slapped her on the cheek.

Eunji could not believe it. It was the very first time that she had been physically hurt by Baekhyun. He pushed her to the floor and swiped all the food off the table. He also threw away the present and ripped the letter into pieces.

The doorbell rang and both of their heads turned towards the door.Taeyeon had arrived. Baekhyun's face automatically lit up and he ran to the door. The door opened and there stood Taeyeon who hugged Baekhyun. "Taeyeon, I missed you so much. Come in, it's cold," He pinched her cheek and looked at Eunji. "Eunji, stay outside and stay there until I tell you to come in." Baekhyun said. Taeyeon smirked at her and said, "Oh hello Eunji. I suggest you listen to your boyfriend and go outside."

She slugged her way out and sat in front of the door. Soon after, she heard the door lock and her tears flowed out once again. It was a very cold night and all she had on was a thin sweater and shorts. She eventually stayed there all night from midnight to sunrise. Yes she had a very bad life. She was about to go to her parents' house but they were not on good terms either. Her parents favored her sister but not her. She had always felt left out since infancy until 21 years old. This was a time in which she thought about her life. She wondered why everyone despised her and she felt like she wanted to change everything. I mean who wouldn't?

The next morning, she was awoken by Taeyeon who was poking her with her high heel who had left the house with Baekhyun following by. They exchanged kisses and she left. Baekhyun stared at her pale face and felt a little sting. However he didn't show it. Instead, he showed hatred even more. " Look at you. You should have just gone somewhere. I would have happily packed up all your bags for you to pick up and disappear from my life." He would regret these words forever. That day, Eunji got a cold and could not even get out from her bed. Baekhyun did not even help his sick girlfriend and ignored her. He even went out to meet Taeyeon at her house. He didn't even say goodbye.

That evening , Eunji called Baekhyun and asked him if he could buy her some medicine. He replied with profanities and ended up making her cry again. He would say that his Taeyeon noona was more precious and that she was strong enough to buy her own medicine. He hung up and she got up and out of her house with struggles. She stumbled her way to the pharmacy on the street with her pale face. Many people thought she was crazy, but she couldn't even see anything because of her dizziness. She reached the crosswalk where she stood waiting by herself for the sign to walk. The sign came on and she walked. However from afar, a drunk driver came speeding down the road and hit her body full on impact. When she got hit, she could not feel anything. The driver ran away and she was left there. Slowly, her eyes closed and she was gone.