Worries and Missing Fans

Amongst The Crowd, I Saw You

A/N: Rather short chapters for now while the plot starts to thicken, and everything else goes into place.

Previously:

“Oh yeah!” JiYong smiled, hoping to make her relax some more – it was clear she was probably more nervous than they were. Her face was unusually pale.

***

The moment their brash maknae voiced his question, she blushed, cleared , drank from her water bottle and started to fan her face slightly.

***

“Y-yes…” she finally managed to get out – after another long sip from her water bottle too.

***

“Umm…I was 16 back then.” She blushed before clearing .

Quickly doing the math in their head, they couldn’t help but exclaim their reaction.

“You’re 24?!”

***

“I’ll go now.” She bowed again before turning around to leave.

She heard a mix of goodbyes before the door was closed behind her.

***

Chapter 3: Worries and Missing fans

3rd POV:

It’s been a few days since they – formally – met her and s could already tell what an effect she had on him. Right after she left, he just sat there for a while, a -eating grin on his face as he re-called their conversation over and over again.

The others found it odd that she was able to say so much about herself without asking anything in return – her only questions were about why she was suddenly called backstage. They first thought she would probably be the one asking the most questions. Instead, she just sat there as she was practically interrogated by the very group of people she always saw.

What was it in maknae’s words? YoungBae thought. Something along the lines of US being on a fan-meeting with her? He just chuckled at the sudden turn of events. Certainly not how I imagined our first official encounter would be.

They were currently in the company, and they were making a few last minute decisions to the upcoming concerts in Japan – it’s a Dome concert, so they were quite excited and nervous about it.

Well…the other members were really excited about it. Over the roof in fact. He, however, was more excited about the prospect of seeing her again. He already knows that she could afford going to other countries for their concerts – after their little ‘fan-meeting’, he tried to re-call all memories of her and found that, yes, she was there even when they were outside of S. Korea.

It kinda unnerved them a bit when they realized just how far she could go in following them around. Being able to go to every domestic or even Japanese schedule they have was one thing, but being able to go to the U.S. without much thought for a concert is another.

It didn’t really matter to him though. The thought that she was there all this time just made him smile – despite s claims that he should be a bit on guard considering she was a dedicated fan that has the resources to do what other dedicated fans couldn’t.

She hasn’t done anything to worry me so far, so I’ll just let myself be happy for now. He thought to himself.

“Hyung!” That was DaeSung, interrupting his thoughts.

“Yeah?”

“Are you excited about the concert?” He smiled before putting his arms around him.

YoungBae just nodded with an equally excited smile.

“Probably not for the same reason as us though, huh?” A teasing voice followed behind them.

“Shut up maknae.” Was the immediate – almost instinctive – reply.

Said maknae just chuckled in response.

“Don’t worry, hyung.” DaeSung piped up beside him. “We’re all kinda excited about seeing her again too.”

YoungBae just smiled. He couldn’t wait until their next stop.

Time Skip (January 4, 2014: Big Bang Japan Dome Concert in Tokyo) Backstage

It was a flurry of bodies backstage as everyone tried to get everything done and make sure nothing was overlooked.

The boys were in their stage outfits. TaeYang was having his hair sprayed to stay in the style the stylist wanted it to be. GD had his professional look on his face as he tried to analyze everything that was happening to make sure a good concert would be given. DaeSung was doing vocal exercises and jumping in place while a stylist was straightening out his jacket. SeungRi…was being SeungRi. And TOP looked like he was jumping back and forth between charismatic TOP and Bingu TOP.

“You think she’s here, hyung?” SeungRi asked, after finally being let go by his stylist.

“Why wouldn’t she?” TOP muttered beside them. “She’s been there for nearly the past 4 months. Why stop now?”

“OK! GET READY!” that was the stage manager.

5…

“Places!”

4…

“Where’s my mike?!”

3…

“Never mind I found it…”

2…

“I’m gonna hit him next time he does that…”

1…

And the show started.

They faced 45,000 screaming fans with a smile on their face as the song started.

Everyone was either singing, screaming, or doing some odd combination of both to all songs playing, their light stick waving high in the air as they cheered and cheered some more.

And it wasn’t until his solo stage did he notice someone missing.

He took quick advantage of the dance to get a better view of everyone all over, from all sides of the stage.

She’s usually up front…where is she now?

It shouldn’t be that hard to find her. Just find the one lone fan sitting down with two hulking statues next to her. More than likely, she’s up front as well.

He looked down when the song reached the point where it slowed down, using the chance to thoroughly check who was at the front – he didn’t have to worry with mistakes. He’s sang and danced this song so much, he could probably do it in his sleep by now.

He had three songs. About 10 or more minutes to look for her. And he can’t find her!

Did she get a different ticket?

He finished his second song. This was his last chance.

Did she get one that’s not VIP?

Did she not come to this one?

Where is she?

He suddenly felt helpless as he looked at the sea of golden crowns. He can’t find her here. Not when there’s so much fans.

She’s not here…

And his solo ended.

Backstage

“Hyung, you alright?” DaeSung approached him.

“She’s not here…” TaeYang was quickly overpowered by a concerned YoungBae.

“How do you know? Maybe she got a seat further back.” TOP suggested in an attempt to ease his worries – it did little to no good.

“She’s usually up front. She was able to get 3 out of the 20 very rare backstage pass we gave out.” YoungBae argued. “How could she not get this?”

“Maybe her bank account finally ran dry.” SeungRi tried to joke – and honestly, with all the stuff she’s done, it couldn’t be that far from the truth.

YoungBae didn’t hear him as all the other seemingly insignificant moments of their conversation rushed to his mind.

All those clearing

Each time she drank water

She was unusually pale too

“Do you think she was sick?” He suddenly voiced, shocking the other three – it was GD’s turn, so they had about 10 minutes of convo before TOP had to go.

“Sick?”

“Why would you think that?”

“Well…” He knows he’ll sound paranoid right now. “She was unusually pale…she kept drinking water…and she kept clearing too.”

“You’re worrying too much YoungBae-ah.” SeungHyun came out this time to console his clearly worried dongsaeng.

“Then why isn’t she here? And what about what I just said?!”

“It could’ve been just shock from meeting us, she was talking quite a lot, and she was probably nervous around us.” SeungHyun explained all his worries. “And earlier I said she’s been here for nearly 4 months. She can’t be here for every concert. She probably just had her own problems back in Korea. She is the daughter of a large company, maybe her father wanted to spend time with her.”

“Yeah, hyung.” DaeSung was quick to reassure him. “She probably just couldn’t fly to Japan right now.”

“Yeah, she’ll probably be here for the next concerts.” SeungRi suggested.

“Maybe…” he conceded – maybe he was being too paranoid.

Why was he so curious about her anyways? Sure she was interesting. Sure, he probably had a bit – a big – of a crush on her. But as far as things go, she’s still just a fan.

 Besides, like SeungRi said, she’ll be here for the next concert…right?

Next concerts (January 11-12 Osaka)

She still wasn’t there.

ooOO**OOoo

A/N: Like we said…short chapters for now as the plot thickens. Next chapter should be a bit bigger with a few more people from her side being introduced. And, of course, more of YoungBae being in denial and being all worried.

R&R!

Siblings-Curse