Getting To Know Her

Amongst The Crowd, I Saw You

A/N: After a long- break, we’re back with the chapter 2. Promise that this won’t ever happen again. Next chapter is already under way too!

By the way, when talking about age, if it’s in number form, like ‘I’m 20 years old’ it’s referring to Korean age. If it’s in word form, like “I’m nineteen years old”, then it’s referring to international age.

Previously:

“Um…so why am I here again?” Azalea asked again, eyes down, arms fiddling with the hem of her skirt.

“I’m sorry.” YoungBae spoke beside her, making her jump at his voice. “We’ve just noticed you’ve been at a lot of our concerts, and we’ve gotten really curious. I just really wanted to get to know you more. You seemed to like us a lot, so we thought we’d take the chance to get to know you when we saw you were one of the fans to get a tour backstage.”

“Ah, really?” She smiled, a pink dust on her cheeks. “Thank you.” She bowed. “What did you want to know?”

“Well…” JiYong mused, a finger on his lips. “Quite a lot actually. We don’t have any more schedule for today. Can you stay a while?”

“Y-yes.” She smiled, more pink on her cheeks at his words.

“Good.” JiYong’s smile made his eyes into small crescents.

 

Chapter 2: Getting to Know Her

3rd POV

Azalea kept fidgeting with her blouse as the boys looked at her. Her uncle and godfather had relaxed under her request and had decided to step outside to look around – after making sure that no one was around to suddenly take her, anyways.

Now, she was here, being stared at, and all she could do was to try – and fail – to avoid their gaze as she fidgeted and bounced in her seat.

For one reason or another, she was invited to meet one of the group she has been idolizing since she’s heard of k-pop in her father’s company, and now that they’re all face to face, she can’t seem to open !

Thankfully, after what seemed like forever, she was able to draw up her courage to speak.

“So…” she started, crossing her legs and her blouse. “You guys wanted to ask me some questions?”

That seemed to have snapped the others out of their trance. For the past few minutes, they themselves didn’t really know what to do. It wasn’t everyday they invited a fan to personally talk with. As far as they were concerned, they have never done this sort of thing before! Sure, earlier they were quite confident about getting to know her, but now that she’s in front of them, they finally realized just how…awkward…this all is.

How exactly do you ‘get to know’ someone you might never meet again after just one talk? They were curious about her, yes, but were they expecting to keep meeting up with her? They couldn’t exactly do that.

Now that she asked her question, however, they had to start speaking.

“Oh yeah!” JiYong smiled, hoping to make her relax some more – it was clear she was probably more nervous than they were. Her face was unusually pale. “It’s not much really. We just noticed that you’ve been at a lot of our schedules these past few months, so we got curious about you.” He told her in what he hoped was a relaxing tone.

“Well…” she looked to the side in an attempt to avoid their eyes – it failed considering they were practically surrounding her. She had to clear to get the next sentence out. “What did you want to know?”

“You said something about your papa’s company earlier?” JiYong decided he might as well lead the conversation until everyone else was more comfortable with each other. “What kind of company is it?” He continued when she nodded.

“It’s an advertising company.” She explained. “Its main branch is in New York, but papa and the board made a decision to ‘sink their claws’ into the quickly expanding Asian market because of K-pop. Papa said that J-pop or J-rock actually turned a few heads back when it was still at its peak, but it wasn’t quite as attention grabbing as K-pop is now. So papa decided to take action.” She said this with a smile on her face that let everyone in the room know how much she cares for her father. It made everyone else smile without knowing in the end.

“So, does YG have a contract with you guys or something?” SeungRi asked. Maybe that was why she was always at their concerts and events? To monitor them?

She looked pensive for a moment before shaking her head. “I don’t think so. We almost did back in late 2006 before the expansion, but I haven’t heard of anything from YG artists recently.”

“Late 2006?” SeungHyun voiced out. “During the time Se7en was preparing for his US debut?”

She nodded. “I know there was almost a contract signed between papa and YG-Seonsaengnim. I think they had opposing views when it came to advertising the debut though, so it didn’t go through.”

“So was that when you heard of us?” SeungRi asked again.

Her reaction got everyone to think her cute. The moment their brash maknae voiced his question, she blushed, cleared , drank from her water bottle and started to fan her face slightly. She was flustered at the sudden question, and they all quickly decided the expression was adorable to see on her.

“Y-yes…” she finally managed to get out – after another long sip from her water bottle too. “I was visiting the building during the time. Somewhere along my talk with papa, he brought up a potential deal he might make with YG-seonsaeng. Mama was visiting with me, and she quickly got interested in something that was about her heritage, so she quickly had me introduced to K-pop too.”

“Your mom?” YoungBae caught this one.

“Yeah…” She smiled. “Mama’s half Korean. Her papa was Korean and had moved to the US shortly after the Second World War. She grew up American, but she was taught quite a lot about her heritage and culture by her papa when she was young. She never really went back here for longer than vacation time, so she gains interest in anything about Korea that somehow gets any attention in the US.”

“So that’s how you got to know about us?” JiYong smiled almost fondly. He could see that the expression was mirrored on everyone else’s face. They were all quite family oriented, and seeing how she was clearly besotted on her family made them gain a likeness to her immediately.

She blushed some more before nodding.

“2006…” DaeSung started. “How old were you then?” She looked young. Just like their current fans actually – somewhere in her late teens probably.

Her answer clearly wasn’t what they expected.

“Umm…I was 16 back then.” She blushed before clearing .

Quickly doing the math in their head, they couldn’t help but exclaim their reaction.

“You’re 24?!”

“Uh…yes?”

A knock at the door stopped any respond they could’ve made as her Uncle opened the door.

“Baby-girl?” it was odd hearing his voice speak in a soft tone. The rough – scary – tone they heard earlier was still fresh in their head, but Azalea didn’t take note of it as she turned around with a smile on her face.

“Yes, uncle?”

“It’s nearing your curfew, and your mother just called. Your papa’s almost home, and it’s near dinner time. It’s time to go home.” He informed her, looking a bit apologetic when her face showed slight disappointment at being taken away from being able to speak with her idols – hey, she was quite nervous when speaking to them, but considering they were very nice and actually wanted to get to know her, she was quite happy. Who knows when she could do this again?

Nevertheless, she let loose a soft sigh before nodding her head in agreement.

“I’m sorry.” She bowed her head as she stood up. “I have to go now. It was nice meeting you.”

“It was nice to meet you too!” DaeSung smiled. “You’re really nice. I can see why Hyung likes you!”

“Shut up.” YoungBae smacked the back of his head before turning to her. He promptly stuck his hand out in front of her.

She looked at it for a second before hesitatingly taking it in her own – soft, small, and rather fragile – hand.

“It was nice to meet you.” He smiled at her.

She didn’t look up at him as her face erupted in red. She just nodded back before taking her hand back.

“Thank you for taking care of me.” She smiled, her head still tilted down.

“Oh!” SeungRi shot up from his seat before rushing to the back. “Sign this.” He slapped the photobook he got onto DaeSung.

“Wha-why?” DaeSung was confused, but signed almost automatically when he got the pen in his hand.

The photobook was quickly passed around until everyone had it signed and SeungRi was quick to give it to her once done.

“Here you go.” He smiled widely, ignoring her – somewhat amused – expression at what just happened.

“What’s this?”

“A photobook.” He answered with a near ‘duh!’ tone. “I can’t exactly give you an album considering we haven’t released one as a group in almost a year.” That statement got a few chuckles from s. “This, however, is a photobook that, to our knowledge, still hasn’t been released yet. It’s a sample we got, and I thought it could be a little something to commemorate this little event.” He smiled winningly at her.

She just blushed before saying thank you.

“I’ll go now.” She bowed again before turning around to leave.

She heard a mix of goodbyes before the door was closed behind her.

ooOO**OOoo

That’s that…R&R you guys. It’s been a while, so we’d like to know if our writing changed any. We can’t make promises as to when the next chapter is going to make itself known, but we can promise it won’t ever take as long as it did this chapter.

Siblings-Curse