Changmin's Story pt.3

Keeping Your Secret

 

'Where are you?!?'

Changmin was pacing around the living room anxiously, he was sure Yoochun would have somehow ruined his perfect plan. He shouldn't have asked him to help him, Yoochun was already late and they hadn't even begun. He had sent him 3 texts and the other still hadn't replied; he should have been there 20 minutes ago. Changmin glanced at the clock yet another time, when finally the front door opened and Yoochun made his way to the living room. The maknae immediately ran to him.

"What took you so long? Do you want to spoil my plan? We have to-" Changmin stopped mid-sentence when he noticed what was in Yoochun's hand.

"Is that a cake?"

His eyes were already glistening and his mouth watering. Yoochun hid the hand with the box behind his back.

"It's for celebrate when our plan will be ended, you can't eat it now" Yoochun said, glaring at the maknae, knowing what was in his mind. "And this is the present" He took his other hand out of his jacket's socket and showed the little box that was in it to Changmin.

"It's a necklace. I know my soulmate's tastes, I'm sure he'll like it"

Changmin had trusted Yoochun on the choice of the present, he knew Jaejoong better than him after all. He took the box from the other's hand and started walking away.

"We have something to do. Let's go"

After Yoochun had brought the cake in the kitchen and Changmin the present in his room, they headed together to Junsu's bedroom. The youngest knocked on the door once and they both went in without waiting for an invitation. Junsu was laying on the bed, playing with his computer with the earphones on; he clearly hadn't heard them come in, because he didn't turn around and kept on moving his head along with the music, singing softly to himself. Changmin and Yoochun looked at each other and jumped on his bed at the same moment, startling him.

"What are you two doing here?" After getting over his little shock, Junsu looked suspiciously at the smiling couple sitting on his bed.

"We just wanted to spend some time with you" The maknae said with an innocent face.

"Fine" Junsu removed his earpieces, closed his laptop and got up to a sitting position. Yoochun elbowed lightly Changmin to signal him to start.

"Yesterday I talked with my mom on the phone, she said she misses me, so I told her I'll go visit her tomorrow. How much time is it you don't see your family?" Junsu didn't look surprised by Changmin suddenly bringing up this subject, the maknae often told them about his homesickness.

"I don't know... around 2 weeks i think"

"2 weeks?!" The two accomplices said at the same time, feigning surprise.

"You live near your parents and you haven't visited them for 2 weeks?" Yoochun said, shocked. Junsu looked taken aback by their reactions.

"Yeah, we were busy with the reharsal and the recording of the album, I haven't had the time"

Yoochun and Changmin were shaking their heads.

"Today you're free, you should go visit them now" Junsu thought for a while, before suddenly smiling.

"You're right, I should go" Junsu took his phone and started pressing numbers. "I'll have dinner with them, so don't wait for me" 

Yoochun and Changmin nodded and quickly left the room, leaving Junsu to his call.

"It was easier than what i thought" Yoochun said laughing and high-fived Changmin.

Few minutes later the doorbell rang and Yoochun took the boxes from the delivery man's hands and payed him. They had ordered take-away for dinner because they were too lazy to cook.

After setting up the table, they waited for Yunho and Jaejoong, who had left earlier because they had to discuss something with the manager. They sat on the couch in the living room and, after waving goodbye to Junsu, they the TV and started watching a random drama.

Changmin looked at the clock, Jaejoong and Yunho should have been coming home soon.

 

Indeed, not even 5 minutes later, they heard the front door opening and steps towards the living room.

"We're back" Jaejoong announced at the pair sitting on the couch, who just waved back, too engrossed in the show on the TV. When no one replied to him, he turned towards Yunho.

"I'll shower first, is it okay for you?" He asked, still a bit awkwardly. Yunho nodded to him.

"Don't worry. Take your time" The eldest smiled at the leader and walked away.

As soon as they heard the bathroom's door closing, Yoochun turned off the TV, the drama already forgotten. He and Changmin rushed to the leader's side.

"Are you ready?" The maknae said to Yunho. The other was already trembling.

"Not really, but I can't go back now, right?" His two dongsaengs nodded.

"We worked hard for this, so don't mess it up. And, even if you don't need it..." Yoochun put an arm around Yunho's shoulders and smiled reassuringly. "Good luck!"

"Thank you, to the both of you" Yunho made to hug Changmin, but he ducked it and walked a few steps away.

"Don't worry, it's okay" The maknae said awkwardly, he hated all that skinship. Yunho laughed at Changmin's reaction. "But really... thank you so much"

The other two nodded in reply.

The truth about the plan was that it was just a way for Yunho to confess his feelings to Jaejoong.

When Changmin had gone to talk with him to ask about his intentions with Jaejoong, Yunho had told him that now that he was sure of the other's feelings, he didn't want to waste anymore time and confess to him. He had said that, since he had waited for 4 years for that moment, he wanted it to be very romantic and sweet, to be perfect.

When the maknae reported his conversation with the leader to Yoochun, they immediately started coming up with ideas to make it the most romantic they could. But Changmin soon left the job of finding ideas to Yoochun, since his hyung was way more fond of sappy things than him, instead he would have organized the practical part. Changmin also made Yunho prepare and repeat countless times the speech he would say to Jaejoong.
The maknae was even more excited about this than Yunho himself.

Finally, two days after, it was all ready. It would start with the dinner.

After Jaejoong came back from his shower and Yunho took his turn in the bathroom, the eldest made his way to the kitchen to ask his dongsaengs to order take-away, because he was too tired to cook. But he was pleasantly surprised when he saw the table already set and the food served in the plates.

"You setted up the table? What's gotten into you?" Jaejoong said frowning, suspicious but he couldn't hid a little smile.

"We wanted to make ourself useful" Changmin replied. "Come to eat" He said, gesturing to the chair in front of him.

After sitting down and looking at the spicy noodles in his plate, Jaejoong grabbed the chopsticks to taste them, but he stopped mid-way.

"We should wait for Yunho" He said, stopping the other two as well. They put down their chopsticks half-heartedly and waited for another 10 minutes.

Then Yunho finally arrived in the kitchen, all dressed up in a new shirt and his hair styled. Jaejoong eyed him from head to toe.

"Are you going somewhere?" He asked, curious about Yunho's clothes.

"No, I'm just eating with my members" Yunho replied easily.

Jaejoong cocked his eyebrow. "Then why...?" He gestured to the outfit of the leader, who in reply just shrugged. Jaejoong gave up and started eating, the others following.

Changmin looked at Jaejoong and when he was sure the other was too occupied with his food to notice him, he quickly took one of the box containing food from the table and put it in the backpack he had positioned near his chair. He looked in front of him and saw Yoochun shaking his head at him with a knowing smile.

He couldn't go out without bringing with him something to eat.

Jaejoong talked for a while about the conversation they had had with their manager. DBSK would travel to an island for the shooting of their music video and for a photobook in 2 months. He sounded really excited and Yunho looked at him the whole time with loving eyes.

When the room fell silent again, Yoochun nodded to Changmin as a signal. The maknae took out the phone from his pocket and, keeping it hidden under the table, called Yoochun's number. Immediately Yoochun's ringtone -Rising Sun- broke the silence and he replied the call.

Feigning a sudden enthusiasm, he jumped up from his seat. "Oh my god, really? Of course, we'll be right there!" Yoochun was almost screaming on the phone.

After he ended the call, he turned towards the table and found two pairs of curious eyes and a pair of amused ones staring at him. He ignored the other two and looked only at the maknae.

"Changmin-ah, they found that thing!" He said as loudly as earlier.

"For real? That thing?" Changmin replied equally as enthusiastically.

"Yeah, that one" Jaejoong was looking back and forth between the two of them and finally asked the question.

"What thing?" Yoochun looked at Jaejoong blankly, they hadn't thought that part of the plan thoroughly.

"It's just... a thing" He replied vaguely, but before the eldest could ask more questions he left the room, after saying a quick goodbye. Changmin went beside Yunho and secretly handed him over the present and  then patted his shoulder as an encouragement -or as a threat to do well- and followed Yoochun to the front door.

He opened it and, without exiting, closed it again right after, to make sure Yunho and Jaejoong thought they had left. Yunho would be mad if he knew they were spying on them, but the plan was theirs so they had to control that everything was going smoothly. And honestly they were curious.

They peaked from behind the almost-closed door and saw that the eldests of the group were still eating, making some little chats. Changmin and Yoochun were about to leave since there was nothing interesting to see, when all of sudden they heard their names being mentioned in the conversation.

"Didn't our dongsaengs look a little weird today?" Jaejoong said, still confused for their sudden leaving.

"Ehm... No?" They could see from there that Yunho was being too nervous.

Jaejoong eyed him perplexed, then he got up and went to the fridge. Changmin froze when he saw what his hyung had taken from there, his cake.Yoochun had to grab the maknae from the sleeve to prevent him from bursting into the kitchen and take his cake. Like this, he had to sadly look at his two hyungs ate it and he was glad when Yoochun told him that it was time to leave.


They drove to their destination in silence, Changmin still sad and Yoochun just focused on driving. When they finally arrived, the maknae's mood immediately improved, anticipating the success of his plan.

Whenever they were in Korea and had free time, the members always went to their special place, a beautiful terrace at the end of a park near their home where you could see all the lights of Seoul at night. And obviously that was the place the Yoochun choose, because he said it was the most romantic one and Changmin had to agree with him. Since it was hidden behind many trees and there was only a narrow road that brought there, it wasn't a well known place and almost anyone else went there, so it was perfect for Changmin's plan.

The maknae had contacted the custodian of the park and asked if he could let him "play" with the lights of that area of the park and the man immediately agreed after hearing his name. At times like this it was good being famous.

The two members went to the place where they could find the main switches of the streetlights and found themself in front of at least 20 switches. Not knowing which were the ones they had to turn off, they started trying random ones. They first accidentaly turned off all the lights in the park and some girls' screams could be heard even from there. After turning it on again, they started trying the others until they reached the results they were aiming for.

Only the main street and the street that brought to the terrace were now lightened in that area of the park and the accomplices high-fived each other for their success.

They then walked down the path to the terrace and hid behind some big trees, where they couldn't be seen thanks to the dark. Changmin then took out the food he had taken earlier and started eating, sharing some with Yoochun, while waiting for their hyungs to arrive.

When finally the hour they had decided with Yunho came, Changmin started getting hyped up again and almost jumped when he heard footsteps walking their way. Jaejoong appeared first, in awe in front of a beautiful the park and their terrace looked and Yunho followed behind, looking as amazed as Jaejoong.

They approached the railing and while Jaejoong was staring at the scenery of Seoul, Yunho grabbed his hand, making the older man turn towards him.

"There's something I have to tell you" Yunho said, staring at Jaejoong in the eyes. Jaejoong just nodded for the other to go on.

Meanwhile from behind the trees, Changmin kept on whispering please, don't screw up until Yoochun elbowed him to make him shut up.

"We have known each other for a lot of time, right?" The leader started, smiling to try to calm himself down. "I really like you a lot as a member and as a friend"

Jaejoong smiled back to him, telling him that he did too.

"But I also like you as-"

"Jaejoong hyung! Yunho hyung!"

Changmin looked back at the road, where the voice was coming from and his eyes became impossibly wide. He looked back at Yoochun, who shared the same expression.

"JUNSU?!" They exclaimed at the same time.