Changmin's Story pt.2

Keeping Your Secret

 

 

Changmin peeked from behind the corner in the living room. There Yoochun and Jaejoong were sitting very close on the couch and whispering intently to each other. Changmin’s been observing them for the whole week and tried to eavesdrop on them whenever they were talking secretly like that, but he had been discovered all the times and had to pretend he was just walking by. He promised Yunho he would help him, but before that he needed to know what were Jaejoong’s feelings. He was almost certain that that was what they were talking about all the time; or at least he was sure that Yoochun knew about the kiss because he was acting strange around Yunho too. That time he decided to use another tactic. He ran out from where he was spying on them and jumped on the couch, on Yoochun and Jaejoong’s legs to be exact. They both yelped in pain and immediately threw Changmin away.

“What the hell is wrong with you?” Yoochun yelled, massaging his pained leg.

“I wanted to sit with you, you always let me out of everything” Changmin put up the cutest expression he could do, complete with a pout.

“Sit with us? You sat on us!” It looked like Jaejoong wasn’t impressed by his cute face.

“But there wasn’t a place to sit”

The two older members looked at the couch they were sitting on and saw that at least two other people could sit on there without problems. But they knew better than start a fight with Changmin, and they just gave up before even beginning. They distanced from each other and made room for Changmin to sit between them.

“So what were you talking about before I came in?” The maknae started, after sitting down.

Yoochun and Jaejoong exchanged a quick glance.

“Nothing!” They said at the same time.

Changmin put up his pout again; he hated to do that, but he had to.

“See? You’re letting me out again”

His hyungs looked perplexed at each other, he usually didn’t care about their conversations and they knew it well. They would have been happy to include him though if it was another situation, but this time they couldn’t.

“It was nothing important, really. We were just talking about one of our friends and his girlfriend” Yoochun nodded at Jaejoong’s explanation.

Changmin sighed, his hyungs weren’t helping him at all, he also had to listen to the boring story Jaejoong told him about his friend, wondering if it was even true at all.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following morning arriving at the company, they met Heechul in the hallway. He was complaining about having to buy a new vase, because someone broke his favorite one, he looked really angry. It was just a vase, why was he getting so fired up?

“Hyung, it happened last week, you should just get over it and buy a new one” Jaejoong tried to reason.

“Yeah, I’ll buy a new one, but if I discover who broke it…” He stopped, looking one by one at the five of them in the eyes. “It won’t be good for him” And with that, he left. He sure was strange. When they started walking again. Changmin ended up close behind Jaejoong and Yoochun and casually overheard their conversation.

“Do you think he knows it was me?” Came Yoochun’s worried whisper.

“You would already be dead if he knew, so don’t worry too much” Jaejoong’s voice was too amused for Yoochun’s liking, who grunted a “It isn’t funny” and elbowed the other in the stomach. From behind them, Changmin smirked.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m going to take some snacks, anybody wants something from the vending machine?” Yoochun asked to the people in the room– the other members, the dancers, the manager and the choreographer. Three people went to him, told him what they wanted, gave him some coins and thanked him. The vending machine was two floors below and everyone was always happy when someone else was willing to go buy snacks for all of them. Yoochun cheerfully went out of the practice room and to the elevator. As soon as he saw him leaving the room, Changmin stood up and said he was going to the bathroom, even if nobody was paying attention to him anyway. He quickly headed to the staircase and went down two flight of stairs to the first floor. He found Yoochun leaning on the wall, putting coins in the machine. He didn’t notice Changmin’s presence until the younger closed the door loudly. Yoochun jumped a little and turned around.

“You scared me! What are you doing here?”

Changmin smiled innocently. “I just wanted something to eat”

Yoochun nodded, resuming pressing numbers on the machine and bent down to pick up the snacks. When he turned to leave, Changmin spoke again.

“Do you perhaps know what happened to Heechul hyung’s vase?” Changmin’s expression remained serious even though he wanted to laugh out loud at Yoochun’s surprised face.

“NO!” Yoochun exclaimed a little too quickly and loudly.

“I’m pretty sure you know” Changmin smirked. “You broke it, right?”

Yoochun gaped at him and this time Changmin couldn’t contain his laugh.

“Don’t tell Heechul hyung, he would kill me”

Changmin would have never done it anyway, but he needed something to threaten him with.

“I’ll keep your secret, but I need something in return”

Yoochun relaxed a little, but he looked still a bit worried, not knowing what the maknae could ask of him.

“Tell me what Jaejoong hyung said to you about Yunho hyung”

Yoochun gaped at Changmin for the third time in only ten minutes.

“I can’t” Yoochun said determined.

“I already know about the kiss, just tell me what Jaejoong thinks about it”

His hyung stared at Changmin perplexed for a minute without speaking.

“What? Why are you looking at me like that?”

“How did you know that and why do you care?”

Changmin shrugged his shoulders. “I’m just nosy”

Yoochun had to nod at that. It was true after all.

After thinking for another minute, he decided to just say the truth to his dongsaeng, he wouldn’t say it to anyone else anyway.

“He said he’s confused about his feelings, but I think he does like Yunho hyung, he’s just scared of what he could think if he knew” Changmin hummed, it was exactly as he thought.

“Well, that’s not a problem, since Yunho hyung is in love with him. Now-”

“What?” Changmin didn’t pay any attention to Yoochun’s interruption and continued. “-we need to help those two to get together”

“Why?” Yoochun interrupted again.

“Because I’m bored and I know you want Jaejoong to be happy and all those other Soulmates’ sappy things” Yoochun didn’t know what to reply to that, so he just agreed with Changmin on helping their hyungs. They shook hands and decided to meet that afternoon to organize a plan.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

“First of all we need them to talk again and to not be awkward around each other”

Since nobody had plans for that evening, Changmin proposed to watch a movie together. Everyone immediately accepted and, as always, they let Jaejoong choose the film. While he was busy looking through the DVDs they had, Yunho went to sit on the bigger couch and Yoochun dragged Junsu with him to  sit on the other one. Changmin smiled furtively to Yoochun and walked to where Yunho was and sat down next to the armrest, opposite from the leader. The only place left for Jaejoong was between them. When he finally decided on the film– a romantic one, Changmin was sure he was going to fall asleep soon– Jaejoong turned around looking for his place, but instead of sitting on the couch, he sat down on the floor, between Yoochun and Junsu’s legs.

Changmin glanced at Yoochun, silently asking him to do something. His hyung thought for a few seconds before getting up and heading to the kitchen. He came back a few minutes later with a glass full of water and sat down again. They were all engrossed in the movie, when all of sudden Jaejoong let out a yelp. Yoochun had “accidentally” spilled all the water from his glass, soaking Jaejoong, who had already started yelling. After ten minutes of swearing from Jaejoong and apologies from Yoochun, the eldest left the room to dry himself up and change clothes. Changmin laughed, mouthing a “Good job” to Yoochun.

When Jaejoong came back, he had a mop in his hand for the water on the floor that didn’t fall on him.

“You can clean later, watch the movie now” Changmin patted the place next to him on the couch. “You can sit here”

Jaejoong glanced back and forth between the floor and the place next to Yunho, before scowling one last time at Yoochun and finally sitting on the couch. The room fell silent again, apart from the voices from the TV. Changmin noticed Jaejoong shivering next to him and Yunho throwing worried glances at the eldest.

“Are you cold?” Changmin was almost surprised of hearing Yunho’s voice.

“A bit” Jaejoong confessed, without looking at the other. Yunho let out a little sigh, before putting an arm around Jaejoong and bringing him closer to warm him. Changmin and Yoochun almost laughed at how the situation turned out; even better than expected.

“Better?” Came Yunho’s tiny whisper, to which Jaejoong replied with a little nod and a blush. When Yunho caught Changmin looking at him, the maknae just smirked before turning away.

On the other couch, Junsu was already sleeping, meanwhile Yoochun was looking happily at both the couple in the movie and the one cuddling next to him, and sent a thumbs up to Changmin, who just nodded in reply.

When the movie ended, Jaejoong was asleep too; after looking at him sleeping for  little more, Yunho shook him gently to wake him up. Jaejoong blinked his eyes a few times and when he realized he was still in Yunho’s arms, he quickly got up to his feet. He smiled shyly at Yunho and after thanking him, he almost ran to his room. Yunho stayed sitting on the couch, smiling happily to himself. Changmin and Yoochun patted him on his shoulders, smiling proudly.

“You’re welcome” The maknae said to him. Yunho looked at them confused, but before he could even ask, they had already left.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following day the only schedule they had was a 3-hours dance practice in the morning and they had the rest of the day free. Jaejoong wanted to go to the mall for some shopping. Since Junsu wanted to stay home to play videogames and Yoochun was too tired to go out, Changmin volunteered to accompany him and almost begged Yunho to join them until he convinced him.

The atmosphere between Jaejoong and Yunho wasn’t tense like before and, although it was still very awkward, they had started to make little talks again. It was going well. After the third shop Changmin suddenly stopped walking.

“I’m hungry, I’ll go grab something to eat. I’ll be back soon” He quickly walked away, leaving the two by themselves. Even though he was actually hungry, he had left because he thought it was better to leave them alone for a while and had hid behind a wall to spy on them. Every time they exited a new shop, Yunho’s arms were even more full of shop bags and Jaejoong, who wasn’t carrying anything beside from his own bag, was always more excited. Jaejoong stopped a few times to say something to Yunho, probably to ask him if it was too heavy, and the leader always replied with a smile, shaking his head. When Changmin started getting really hungry, he stopped following them and went to buy something to eat for real. When he found his two hyungs again, Yunho was full of bags and looked exhausted. Changmin helped him carry some of them and asked the two how had that afternoon been.

“I had a good time and Yunho has been very nice to put up with me all this time” Jaejoong smiled shyly at the other.

“It wasn’t a problem, I had fun too” Said Yunho, grinning and blushing a little. Changmin smirked, thing were getting funnier.

“Where have you been anyway?” Jaejoong asked suddenly at the maknae, who shrugged.

“Just looking around” Jaejoong nodded, not really interested in what the maknae did.

Changmin observed them walking side by side. They were less awkward than the day before, Changmin almost thought they were flirting sometimes. They kept on throwing glances to each other and looking immediately away when their eyes met. The maknae laughed quietly at the two of them. Why don’t they just admit their feelings already? He wanted to help them to talk again, but at the end they were doing all by themselves. Anyway now it was time for the plan he and Yoochun had prepared. He was finally going to have some fun.