Second

One More Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He smiled at me. Again.

 

“Hey! You’re that handkerchief guy!” I said while pointing at him.

 

He nodded and said, “Hello.” then smiled.

 

That smile. It’s so contagious, I felt my lips slowly curving up.

 

“You’re studying here too?” I asked

 

“Yes. Transferee.” Then he smiled again.

 

“Wait wait.” Kyungsoo interrupted.

 

“What?” I asked

 

“You know each other? How? When? What—” He asked back.

 

“Too many questions.” I said then rolled my eyes.

 

“That’s not my point.” Kyungsoo said then glared at me.

 

“So, what’s your point then?”

 

“How did you met Jongin?”

 

Then I looked at him. “So your name is Jongin!”

 

“I thought you know each other? And what’s with the handkerchief incident? I don’t even remember you talking about that.” Kyungsoo said while staring at me.

 

Oh yeah, he lend me his handkerchief because I was crying because of Minhyuk—

 

“Oh that? I saw him once he was cry—“ Jongin stopped when I ran to him and covered his mouth because I know Kyungsoo will be angry at me again. Kyungsoo was just looking at us, like he was asking for an explanation.

 

“Uhh.. uhmm, oh that! I slept then he saw me drooling and then he woke me up then gave me the handkerchief. I haven’t told you about that, because you know, you’ll just laugh at me. That would be so embarrassing right?” I explained to Kyungsoo.

 

“Ew Baek. You’re gross, didn’t you know that?” He said.

 

“I know Kyung, like you.” then I winked at Kyungsoo. Then Jongin laughed.

 

“You really are Mr. Smiley.” I said then smiled at him.

 

“You can call me Jongin.” then grinned. “Oh, this is my cousin.” then he pointed the person beside him. Then he added, “If you have drooling moments, then this guy right here has frozen moments. He’s Chanyeol.”

 

“Hi Chanyeol.” I said then extended my hand so we could shake hands but he didn’t accept it. He was just looking at me.

 

“Oh” I retrieved my hand back then went to Jongin and whispered, “Jongin, is he really like that? I feel like he’s some sort of a statue though.”

 

He chuckled and said, “Nope, but he’s just having a really hard time right now.” then I just nodded.

 

 

 

We just spent our remaining time talking until the professor arrived. The day went well. On the other classes, we had certain seating arrangements. If there was no seating arrangement, I would sit with Kyungsoo and Jongin but if there was, Chanyeol would most probably be my seat mate. Why him? If I sit with him, I can’t even talk with him because he doesn’t even talk back to me. I can almost feel like my throat is going to get dry if I can’t talk. His frozen moments though, it was really, weird and sometimes getting annoying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first month of the semester went by smoothly. But I have to set aside the quizzes, because damn, I think I’m going to die solving math problems. It was so damn difficult. But I think my seatmate’s forte is math. Why? He just sleeps after answering the quizzes and it’s so annoying.

 

You know what’s the most annoying thing about him?

 

HE LOOKS ING GOOD WHEN HE SLEEPS. Damn.

 

Because when he sleeps, he’s always facing at my direction and my mind doesn’t function very well with that view. He’s not helping. The fact that I should be answering then I just find myself staring at him. And of course I won’t let the professor catch me because he might think that I’m cheating.

 

Enough with Chanyeol. With the silence that Chanyeol has been managing to keep making is on the same scale of noise that his cousin, Jongin. Aside for the fact that he’s a smiley guy, you can also tell that he’s a funny guy. We then became close as months passed by and you know what? I can actually caught him staring at Kyungsoo every time my best friend talks or does something and I always feel myself giggling every time I look at them. Don’t get me wrong. I really like them both together. Jongin is just a friend to me and I don’t see something that is more than that. He’s like my Kris hyung and it’s good to have someone like him that I can finally lean on aside from Kyungsoo. But of course I’m not telling him that I know that he likes Kyungsoo. I’ll just wait for the time that he’ll open up to me.

 

Have I also mentioned that we’re all friends now? Kyungsoo finally accepted that Jongin’s my best friend too now. Our classmates often called us as Fantastic Four because we were always acting like something that can never be separated.

 

Like the barrier of closeness that I had with Jongin is roughly the same barrier that I was far away from Chanyeol. Yes, he’s always with us and aside from ‘can I borrow a pen?’ ‘do you have a paper?’ ‘the prof’s not coming’ ‘good morning’, that was all we get to hear from him and he doesn’t even smile to us and I’ve never seen him smile, I swear. And besides his name and he’s Jongin’s cousin, that was all the information I knew about him and other than that, there was nothing else.

 

I also found out that he likes to spare his time with music because he was always wearing earphones every break time and when the professor is not around. He had a JH16 pro which I concluded that he was rich because that earphones roughly costs 1,200,000 won.

 

Anyways, why am I talking about him again?

 

So, as I was saying, the first month of the semester went by smoothly except for the quizzes and.. and because of..

 

 

 

Minhyuk.

 

I just hate him and it’s so annoying knowing that we’re studying on the same university. We’re on the same college department, Engineering Department. He’s taking up Civil Engineering and I’m taking up Industrial engineering with Kyungsoo, Jongin and Chanyeol. So it would definitely be useless to avoid him but as much as possible, I’m just ignoring him but sometimes fate can be so cruel.

 

There was this time when the head of Engineering Department summoned an assembly and the students from different branches of Engineering were called to be at the auditorium for the meeting. I was so lucky *note the sarcasm* knowing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter