I.

The Scythe of Phantasm

[a/n: This is inspired by Edgar Allan Poe's "Masque of the Red Death"...at least in some parts. I am going through a phase.]

"You may now kiss the bride." the priest said. Kris lifted Hyoyeon's veil and gazed upon his wife-to be's eyes. Ah, yes they were the most beautiful brown-hazel pair that he had seen and he was happy to have the privelege of having to be able to gaze into them for an eternity. Their faces came closer to each other and as their lips touched, ecstasy and romance filled their hearts and warmed their bodies as joyous claps, cheers, and cries arose from the happy crowd comprising of the couple's family, friends, and colleagues. Everyone was in high spirits that cold November wedding night. 

At the dance ball that had happened after the ceremony, everyone was busy drinking, eating, and socializing with the couple. The two gleefullly and willingly entertained their guests, danced with anyone who offered their hand for a ballroom swing and drank merrily to their heart's content. A gust of cold wind blew the wooden doors of the ballroom chamber open. 

Hyoyeon and Kris-the newly wedded couple-fixated their gazes on the doors. They had swung open and stayed open but the two chose to shrug their shoulders to this and continued with their merrymaking. Then, the orchestra from above began to play a fast-paced piece to set the mood for dancing. 

Unbeknownst to the guests, an uninvited visitor has already made her way inside the dancehall. The number of people that filled the vicinity enabled the guest to sneak her way inside. Oddly the way she looked but no one had taken notice yet. Covered in a black cloack that flowed all the way to her toes, the guest just walked around, seemingly observing the crowd, possibly laughing deep down inside at how oblivious the people were to her presence which internally she could sense was getting stronger. 

Acerbus came a slight whisper from her faint colored lips. The lights all went out and a cold, cold wind blew into the room. Everyone started screaming and panicking for they hadn't a clue about the happening. As fear arose, the figure made her way to the very center aisl undetected. With another angry utterance, she said,

SILENTIUM! came her bellow. From this the crowd fell in a deep silence against their will. Strange as it was, upon the casting of the said spell, they were just unable to speak, let alone open their mouths. A grim, deathly smirk came on her face. 

ACCENDO came her next incantation. With it, the lights all came back on and with great horror the guests saw who they were faced against. Who was causing all this terror. It was a Grim Reaper looking woman cloaked in black. Hyoyeon and Kris couldn't make anything out of what was occurring. 

The guests paved the way for their phantom visitor as she walked down the aisle, nearing the couple. As she was before them, she raised her bony hands up to the rim of her hood and slowly brought it down, revealing who she was. 

It was Jessica Jung. But of course, nobody knew her name. She was just known as a phantom gatecrasher. 

Acerbus came from her slightly parting lips as her demonic gaze pierced through Hyoyeon's eyes. The room was dark again but this time, the people were still silent. Serene as they were, the beating of their nervous hearts was very much undeniable. 

Percutiamque vos. Jessica muttered. MORBUS! NUNC! 

Then, the spell of silence was broken when everyone started coughing violently, having bouts of seizures and difficulty in breathing. Some were feeling faint and dizzy with a roof-high fever to match. Hyoyeon herself could feel the sickness settling in. After minutes of struggling, the room fell silent except for the bride and the groom.

"WHO ARE YOU?!" ris asked in between coughs. Jessica smiled and grinned widely from it. Her shiny teeth could be seen in the darkness as though they were made of diamonds. 

Caveat. Ad. Mortem. Jessica said. She reached for Hyoyeon's hand and with her touch hypnotized the new bride. 

ACCENDO! Light came back on and everyone was dead. Their bodies were lying hopeless and lifeless on the marble floor. With Hyoyeon in a daze, Jessica led her to the spiral staircase that led to the balcony. Kris, though weakened by disease, tried to run after them.

RECEDENDUM!!!!!!!! Jessica flashed her bone-white palm at Kris and pushed him far back, making him hit a pillar back first. With a cold stare, Jessica led the bride to the spiral staircase eventually to her doom. 

At the terrace, Jessica lifted Hyoyeon and put her on the railing. Since Hyoyeon was still lost in a dream, all she could do was allow herself to be dolled around by Jessica. Amazingly enough, her stoic state made her capable of balancing on the railing. 

With hands in the middle you shall dive

The night has ended, the morn has arrived. 

The ballroom area had a huge clock that was at the very forefront. According to the clock, it was 5 minutes to twelve. In 5 minutes, midnight shall commence. 

Jessica saw that Hyoyeon was standing still on the railing and decided to leave her there to take care of the groom herself. 

Kris was evidently weak and struggling to get up when he saw the lady phantom walking towards him. He backed up, getting more and more weary as she got closer. The dark powers of Jessica were undeniaby too much for Kris. 

CRUENTATUR!!

Jessica commanded. At her word, Kris began to bleed fromt he eys, the nose, the ears and the mouth. The groom, bewildered, fell to his knees as to emulate begging at Jessica's toes. The phantom placed her hand on Kris' head and gripped tightly. Kris screamed loudly but there was no one left alive to save him. His bride Hyoyeon was on the balcoy railing in a trance. 

The pressure applied on his head proved to much. With the force and the spell, Jessica was able to make Kris disintegrate, sandy at first then turn him into a puddle of blood. His own blood. 

A haunting sound of the bell began to ring, signaling midnight. Jessica whipped around and saw the clock strike twelve, left the pool of blood and leaned in at the wall, watching through the windows to see Hyoyeon's body dive from the balcony, silentlly and gracefully falling headfirst to the ground. Surely, Hyoyeon was dead after the fall.

Jessica smilled a satisfied smile, walked towards the door and looked behind her to take a final glance at the work she had done. Everyone was dead. No one survived.