Chapter 3

Kyulice in Wonderland

He trudged slowly upwards the hill that never seemed to end. He was tired but knew he couldn't stop just yet. He had a mission to fulfill. Being the son of Kangin made everyone hate his guts. He lived a life of misery. Those close to him were amazed at how positive he was in life but there were emotional breakdowns from him every now and then. His best friend Eunhyuk would comfort him and hold him until he fell into a fitful sleep.

But the worst challenge was yet to come. He was banished from his hometown to find a seashell kissed by a man who lived in solitude for 16 years and more. Yeah, the villagers purposely gave him this quest so that he would never become a warrior. Every man in the village will go to the headmaster and ask to be a warrior when he turns 17. He will then receive a quest to do something and come back alive with the spoils from the quest and become a warrior. Like everyone else, he faced the same procedure when he turned 17. 

The worst thing was that the headmaster also didn't like him hence why he was given the impossible mission of finding a seashell like that.

Seriously with modern technology and all that, who lives 16 years away from civilisation?

Me, he thought miserably. Better to be in solitude than hated on all your life.

Tears brimmed his eyes but he blinked it away quickly.

He glanced at the twinkling stars and thought of his beautiful mum who had a nice eye smile that caused him to giggle when he was younger.

Where was she now? He pondered.

He shook his head, as if to clear old dreams away.

He looked up. A forest? How was he going to get to the other side of the hill without going through this creepy forest that probably has like 5000 insects and like 300 birds, 6 lions and perhaps oh just 1 lion maybe if he was lucky.

Pft yeah right. He will never enter that forest. 

The next moment, he was engulfed in a strange darkness.

He trembled like a leaf in the wind. He had a fear of being alone in the dark.

He repeated the chant that had always kept him calm. His mother told him that as long as he remembered it, he would be safe so he memorised it word for word even though it was in Latin. 

et custodierit me in aeternum, cujus initium k

~~~~~~~           ~~~~~~~

Kyuhyun stumbled around and moved blindly to get to the heart of the forest. He should quickly find the necklace before the Lady of Hearts found out. She was a scaryyyyy lady. Kyuhyun nodded to himself. It's best that the Lady of Hearts doesn't know.

He found the oak tree after another hour of walking around. He stared at it for a while, making sure it was real.

Truth was, Kyuhyun had never been to this part of the forest ever. He heard that strange things happened here and he didn't want that to happen to him, does he? So he steered clear from this path and never even wandered close.

He reached for the necklace that he saw inside the hole of the oak tree. Before he grabbed it, a black shadow flew past him and pecked his hands wildly. Oh hell what is this?

Kyuhyun jumped backwards and made a sound that was a cross breed of a groan and a growl.

He narrowed his eyes at the raven who shrugged its shoulders innocently but its eyes gleamed and seemed to be saying: Touch my stuff and I'll hurt you even more.

Even so, Kyuhyun had to get the necklace...But how? The only talent he had was inging. Many creatures often praised him for his velvety voice.

He broke into a song.

No, I’m not.. It really doesn’t make sense
Even when I’m eating or falling asleep, I keep thinking about you like crazy
All the time I keep hating myself so badly
How could I, how could I fall in love with you? That’s a bit weird

My heart hears you.. from head to toe
My friends tease me for this but my heart only listens to you
One two three, you smile and I think I lost my breath
By seeing you’re smile, I’ll cook with love everyday
Forever I love you love you
love you love you love you~

Why don’t you stop me? Why don’t you ignore me?
I feel depressed and dumbfounded but my heart only calls for you
For you I will become the god of cooking in the whistling wind
Seeing your bright smile and holdings your hands makes my heart feels happy

My heart hears you.. from head to toe
My friends tease me for this but my heart only listens to you
One two three, you smile and I think I lost my breath
By seeing you’re smile, I’ll cook with love everyday

I went through the night, and another night, and another night
My memories are getting blurred
But you always stay in my heart and in my smiling eyes
You’re the one forever~

My heart hears you.. from head to toe
Although the whole world laughs at me, my heart only listens to you
One two three, you smile and I think I lost my breath
Stay the way you are, I’m gonna say ‘I Love You’ and kiss you everyday
Forever I love you love you love you
love you love you love you~

oh my baby my love

The raven listened intently, forgetting to protect her nest. Unknowingly, Kyuhyun had already taken the necklace but wanted to finish the song as a way of saying sorry to the raven.

Both the raven and Kyuhyun were oblivious that a mortal had made his way to the forest and had witnessed Kyuhyun's mini concert with his mouth hanging open.

His name was...Donghae.