Part 1

Ripped Jeans
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


(Part 1)

 

“My driving skills are perfectly fine, Sehun. Your lack of trust in me is hurting my pride.” Baekhyun snapped into the phone, held between the juncture where his shoulder meets his neck, a frown sitting heavy on his forehead. His grip onto the steering wheel never lost its hold, more focused on the road than the boyfriend currently nagging into his ear about how ‘it’s a new car’ and ‘I don’t want you messing it up and leaving unwanted scars on it’. He rolled his eyes as he listened to some crackling sounds coming from the other end of the line, guessing that his boyfriend must be getting up from sprawling on the bed, finally awake after finding out that he’d taken the car.

“It’s not that I don’t trust you but I know how you drive, baobei.” Sehun’s voice sounded hoarse from his sleep and Baekhyun couldn’t help but find it extremely y, even though he was supposed to be emotionally upset at the latter for not trusting him with his driving skills. “You’ll dent the car.”

The urge to hang up on Sehun was overwhelming and it was only because he was making a dangerous turn that he didn’t. Instead, he only sighed exasperatedly. “Is that what you care about? The car? I will take care of it properly, I promise. Now stop worrying about your precious car, I’m on the way home.”

He listened to a few more seconds of Sehun’s almost incoherent rumbling before hearing the latter saying that it’s fine and he’ll see him soon. Breathing out a sigh of relief, Baekhyun let a grin stretch at his lips. He had obviously won again in this round of not-so-rare argument. He knows how Sehun gives in easily to him – if they’re face to face, he has this weapon he could use against the younger, enough to make the taller boy surrender. Let’s just say Baekhyun is proud he was born with puppy eyes and a pout that is ‘too adorable to resist’, as Sehun would like to put it.

Humming almost too loudly to himself, Baekhyun began the work of parking the car in Sehun’s favorite parking spot. He whistled, the habit of playing with his lips causing him to accidentally bite his tongue. The car jerked as he yelped at the sting and there was a loud screeching noise that lasted less than a second at the same time his heart stopped beating in his chest. Baekhyun’s eyes widened as he tried to peek through the rearview mirror, his heart actually beating wild instead of stopping. Cursing under his breath, Baekhyun hopped off the car and rushed towards the back of it, eyes catching the big ugly scratch across the space just above the hind wheel and there’s an obvious dent at the back. His lips parted as his jaw went slacked, mind going everywhere and unable to think properly.

He almost jumped out of his skin when his phone rang, a loud chorus of SHINee’s ‘Ring Ding Dong’, and he fumbled for almost a minute fishing it out of his pocket. He was only sure of one thing when he finally answered the call; Sehun was going to have his head if he ever finds out, which he will.

“Baek, are you already on the way up? I was thinking if you could get bread, we’ve ran out of it.” Sehun’s voice came in a muffled sound, and in the meantime as he continued rambling on about the things they still need to get, Baekhyun used the time to try and think up an excuse. His brain chose right that moment to stop working and he ended up just whimpering in worry, loud enough for Sehun to hear among his listings of things they needed to buy and stopped talking immediately.

.

The silence dragged on a little too long and Baekhyun was about to part his lips to speak when Sehun spoke up. “Baobei, are you alright? Did something happen?”

He tried coming up with a something – a nervous chuckle of some sort would do but he knew how long Sehun had spent saving up for this car and he hadn’t even got the chance to drive it but it’s already dented. So instead of chuckling the way he had intended, only a sob escaped his parted lips, and it was enough for Sehun to panic. He didn’t get to say anything because when Sehun is worried, Sehun moves and he never listens, so he only told his boyfriend that he’s at the parking lot.

It only took Sehun less than ten minutes to get to where Baekhyun was, the latter weakly leaning against the passenger side of the car with his hands covering his face. He was a little scared Sehun might lash out – it’s something Sehun never did before but he’ll never know when Sehun’s patience might run out; he’d seen the way Sehun throw that bone-crushing punch on Choi SeungHyun, that popular boy from college who had tried one time too many to hit on Baekhyun. He had a broken nose.

He was soon engulfed in long, familiar arms as he uncovered his face and wrapped his own around Sehun’s slim waist. There was worry in Sehun’s eyes as they scanned over Baekhyun’s features, looking for anything that might have hurt his precious baobei. “Baek, talk to me. What happened?”

Not ‘what did you do’ or ‘did you damage my car’ and in the middle of it Baekhyun’s heart swelled over the thought that Sehun, no matter how much he loves his possessions, still puts Baekhyun first. Baekhyun wasn’t crying, although he felt like he was about to, and only let his gaze trail over to where the dent sat huge and ugly at the back of the car. Sehun followed his gaze, frowning as he wondered what Baekhyun was trying to tell him but his eyes enlarged the moment he noticed the scar. With quick steps, he rushed towards the dent, fingers gingerly brushing over the flaw.

“I’m so sorry,” Baekhyun started, words stumbling over the other, “I didn’t mean to drive so carelessly. I swear I’ll get the money to make it good again or... Or buy you a new car. Just please, don’t kill me. Or hate me. Don’t hate me, please.”

It was when Sehun’s hands came up to run his finger through his hair that Baekhyun realized Sehun probably jumped out of bed without bothering to pull on proper pants when he’d realized something had happened to Baekhyun, bed-head and all. It almost made him smile, but he dared not to as long as Sehun didn’t say anything. The taller boy sighed and there was a curl at the corner of his lips when he smiled, shaking his head at his boyfriend. “God, Byun Baek. You really are something.”

He had said, pulling the frightened boy once again within his arms and began peppering kisses all over Baekhyun’s face. “How could I hate you, let alone kill you? Just for a dent in the car? No way.”

“But you spent almost three years saving up for it and I just had to destroy it.”

“I also spent those three years with you, so it wasn’t a waste.” Sehun chuckled, kissing Baekhyun on his forehead and looking back at the dent once more. “Now let’s just go home before anyone noticed I’m in my briefs,” With a glance of himself in the reflection of the car’s windows, Sehun’s face scrunched up in disapproval. “And my hair’s all over the place.”

Baekhyun’s choked out laughter came out like a sob and he grinned up at his boyfriend of eight years before leaning up to place a kiss onto Sehun’s lips, to which the latter responded immediately by parting his own and savoring Baekhyun’s and they kissed for another minute before Baekhyun pulled away breathless. His grin was beginning to hurt his cheeks. “I like you in briefs and that hair makes you look even ier, you know?”

“Yeah?” Sehun’s eyes were half-lidded after the kiss and his smile only widened. “Yeah, well, not everyone will find it y and the next thing we know we have police officers fining me for not being properly dressed in public."

“Sehun, please.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “I see ahjussis everywhere wearing only briefs and they’re not a good sight to see.”

Sehun pulled him by the wrist, the car quickly forgotten. “One day I’ll be an ahjussi too, you know? And I’ll be wearing briefs at home all the time. You sure you wanna stay with me?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes again, patted Sehun’s before it was him pulling Sehun towards the elevator. “I would stay even if you only have briefs to wear, Oh Sehun.”

He knew somehow that his answer pleased Sehun because he recognized the smile that colored Sehun’s lips just before he leaned in again, pressing Baekhyun against the elevator walls and kissing the breath out of the shorter male. He thinks he could live like this forever, fingers grasping Sehun’s lock of brown hair and lips molding and fitting each other’s perfectly, until the elevator door opened and the people stared. He thinks it’s alright, though, and it doesn’t matter

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter