I Was Just Thinkin' Bout Us

Distant Romance

 


 
Michelle.
 
It's been a month since I've been in Seattle, and Jay and I have gotten very close. Ashlee says we acted like a couple all the time. Sometimes I wished she was right. You see, after all the time Jay and I spent together, I started falling for him. 
 
He was like the guy that used to pop up in my dreams when I was younger. Funny, cute, and dorky. My type of guy. He's been on my mind a lot more than I want him to be, but I don't mind. 
 
Today we were having a sleepover at his place. No, it's not weird. It's cool. Don't judge. I grabbed my Nike duffle bag and my ukulele case. Jay always wanted me to sing for him while playing my ukulele, and in return he would sing and play the piano.
 
I made my way to Jay's parent's house. It was only a walking distance from Ashlee's house. How awesome is that? I knocked on the door, and waited patiently. Jay's mom opened the door. "Oh, hello Michelle. Jay's upstairs."
 
I smiled at her as she let me in and closed the door. "Thanks for letting me stay over Mrs. Park."
 
She waved it off. "It's okay, anything for my Jaebeom's girlfriend."
 
"Ah, wait I'm no-" she was already in the kitchen. "-t his girlfriend."
 
I sighed. After taking off my shoes, I went up stairs to Jay's room. I knocked on the door. A faint 'It's open' came from the other side. Opening the door, I stepped inside and closed the door behind me. "Hey Jay."
 
He was laying in his bed staring at the ceiling. "'Sup Mimi?"
 
I placed my things next to his closet and climbed on the bed next to him. "Nothing new, just tired and hungry."
 
Jay chuckled. "When are you not hungry?"
 
I hit him lightly. "Speak for yourself fatty."
 
"Yah!" he pouted.
 
"Ahaha. Anyway, did you buy snacks? It was your turn anyway." I said.
 
He nodded. "I got pocky, yan yan, dried mangoes, ice cream, pizza, tacos, lumpia courtesy of Daniel's mom, sour patch kids, and other stuff."
 
I rubbed my hands together. "Yes! Fatties unite!"
 
"Yup, let's go downstairs. My parents are leaving for something for the week so we're good." he grabbed my hand, and pulled me up.
 
Like he said, nobody was here at all. I followed him to the kitchen. There was two large pizza boxes on the counter. "Which one's mine?"
 
"Nope, we eat one now, and the other one is for dinner." he stuck his tongue out at me. 
 
"Fine." I went to the fridge and got a can or Arizona Green Tea. "Want one?"
 
"No thanks, just water for me." he said.
 
I nodded. Grabbing a water bottle, I followed him to the living room. I made myself comfortable on the couch as he set up the DVD player.
 
After getting everything set up he plopped down next to me, and opened the pizza box. Jay handed me a piece and took one for himself. 
 
"What are we watching?" I asked. 
 
"The Hangover." he grinned.
 
"Yay. I haven't watched it in hella long." I cheered.
 
Three movies five pieces of pizzas later, we sat on the couch. Staring at the ending credits of the Japanese version of One Missed Call.
 
"Ugh, I'm so stuffed and scared less right now." Jay groaned. The phone started ringing. We both looked at the home phone.
 
"YOU ANSWER IT!" we yelled in unison. "NO, YOU!"
 
The phone stopped ringing. I started laughing nervously. "It's like eleven. We should just go upstairs and get ready for bed."
 
He nodded in agreement, and we ran up the stairs like the Grudge was after us. After brushing our teeth, we both sat on Jay's bed face to face.
 
"You're hair looks good blonde." I said randomly.
 
"Ah, thanks Michelle." Jay chuckled.
 
I yawned. "I'm so tired." I layed on my side of Jay's bed.
 
Jay looked at me pouting. "I thought you were going to sing for me."
 
I rolled my eyes. "Now?"
 
"Yes. I like you singing me to sleep." he smiled cutely. I smiled slightly. "Okay, fine. Give me my ukulele."
 
Jay took my ukulele out of my case and handed it to me. "What do you want me to sing?"
 
"Anything, as long as you sing, it doesn't matter." Jay started to make himself comfortable. "Ready. You can start."
 
I thought for a moment racking my brain for any song. A song finally came to me and I started singing and playing. Finishing off the song, I glanced at Jay and noticed he was sleeping with a smile playing at his lips. 
 
I leaned over and kissed his cheek. "Goodnight." I whispered. I set my ukulele back in its case, and laid next to Jay. A few moments later, I fell asleep, with a certain b-boy invading my dreams.
 
Err. . . Yeah. That's it for now :P How was it? HORRIBLE? OR TOTALLY WORTH READING ? :D COMMENT AND SUB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!