This Girl

Distant Romance

 

Listen to: This Girl | Jeff Bernat Ft. Cas

Jay.

Ah, finally. Home sweet home. I thought happily, jumping into my made bed. It's been a couple months since I've been home. I'm finally finished with IS2, so that means I have a couple months of relaxation until I have to work on my next album. I just hope I can keep myself occupied in the next couple of months.

I laid my arm over my eyes and sighed. I am so glad jet-lag didn't hit me this time. Bang! Bang! Bang! A person pounded on my bedroom door.

"YAH! PARK JAEBEOM! OPEN UP! YOUR FAVORITE COUSIN IS HERE!" yelled a loud, familiar voice.

"It's open, pabo!" I answered. The door flew open, revealing my cousin, Jenni Park.

I moved my arm back down to my side, and looked at my cousin, who was grinning like a mad woman. "What's up, Jenn?"

She sat on my bean bag chair by my bed. "Oppa," she started. "remember you promised to hang out once you got back?"

I nodded. I couldn't forget. She reminded me everytime we Skyped. "Yeah, and?"

Jenn rolled her eyes. "You just got back, and we're hanging out today, duh!"

"Okay, Jenn. Go downstairs. I'll be down in a minute." I got up from my comfy bed, and stretched. She nodded excitedly, and ran out the door. Aish, that girl is sure something.

After making myself look presentable, I went downstairs and put on my shoes. "Let's go Jenn!"

"No need to yell, I'm right here." Jenn's voice rang out behind me.

▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲▼▲

Two hours of walking and shopping later, me and Jenn sat at one of the benches circling the fountain that the park. There wasn't a lot of people here. Who would be here at five o'clock anyway?

People had work, kids spent most of their days inside now-a-days. There were two girls here though. One was strumming a ukulele, and the other was singing softly. 

The girl strumming the ukulele caught my attention the most. She was really beautiful. Light tanned skin, full lips, silky long wavy hair, and legs that can go on for miles. "Oppa, let's go talk to them."

I snapped out of my thoughts. "Huh?" Before I knew it, Jenn grabbed our bags, and dragged me to where the girls were.

"Oh my gosh, Ashlee!" my cousin squealed, running up to hug the one that was singing. The Ashlee girl hugged my cousin back with a huge smile. "JennJenn!"

I just noticed that Ashlee and her friend were dressed alike (In that order)

"Who's this?" the girl asked, with a small smile.

"I'm Jenni Park." my cousin smiled her signature smle. "And you are. . ?"

"Michelle Ocampo." she answered politely.

I cleared my throat. Michelle looked at me. I blushed slightly.

"Oh yeah." Jenn said. "This is my cousin, Jay."

"Nice to meet you." Ashlee and Michelle said in unison.

I nodded. "Likewise."

Jenn looked at Ashlee. "Let's get some drinks down the street, yeah?"

Ashlee nodded. "Be right back, Michelle."

As the pair walked away, I sat next to Michelle, who was strumming absentmindedly on the ukulele.

"So. . ?" I started.

She laughed a little. "Yes?"

I scratched the back of my neck. "Er. . ? So, you play?"

"Mhm," she nodded."You?"

I shook my head. "Nope, just piano."

"That's cool, me too." she smiled.

I tried to think of something else to say. The silence was starting the get awkward.

"Kumain ka ba ng asukal?" she asked. It sounded like Tagalog. I looked at her. A smile was playing on her lips. "Kase ang tamis ng ngiti mo."

"Ah, what?" I chuckled.

"I said 'Did you eat sugar? Cause you're smile is really sweet'." Michelle smiled widely.

I laughed lightly. "That's a good one."

"Your turn." Michelle said.

"Okay," I started. "baby, you must be a broom, cause you just swept me off my feet."

She let out a laugh. It sounded like music to my ears. "I'll use that one day."

"So, where are you from?" I smiled.

"San Jose, California. I'm just here visiting Ashlee." she answered. "You?"

"I'm from here." 

Michelle had a slight pout. "Lucky. I would love to live here."

"Ahaha. You should move here then." I leaned on the bench, stretching out my legs.

"I wish, but I don't really have a reason to move here." she shrugged.

"That's too bad. We could use more people like you."

She looked at me. "People like me?"

I nodded. "Yup. Nice, funny, and pretty."

Michelle let out a laugh. "Sure, you're a good liar, Mr. Jay Park."

"How do you know my last name?" I asked.

"My little sister spazzes over you." she giggled.

I nodded. "I see."

She looked at her phone. "Listen, I got to go. Tell Ashlee I'll meet her at home. It was nice meeting you and your cousin."

Before I could respond, she had already gathered her things and walking away. I watched her walk away, and felt a tug at my chest. What did this mean? Was I falling for her? I just met her though. All i hope is that I see her again. And soon.

 

Err. . . Yeah. That's it for now :P How was it? HORRIBLE? OR TOTALLY WORTH READING ? :D COMMENT AND SUB !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!