The Girl's Side

A Stormy Night in Summer
XSYKOTICA
The Girl's Side

Summer. It’s the season where there’s holiday, where there’s fun. It’s the season where we can be free from duties, homeworks, pop quiz, and especially school. But that is what she thought before the summer holiday last year.

It was summer holiday when she was still in the senior year of high school. And it’s the season when her school decided to go on a trip to a different resort each year. This year they went to a seaside resort, and they will stay in a villa that her school booked. Each class is divided in groups of 6 and each group will have one room. Kim Suyeon is with her best friends of course.

Her group got the room near the trees at the left side of the villa. After the teacher declared that they will have an hour to unpack, they quickly went to their assigned rooms. Each room have 2 king sized bed so 6 people can fit in. And a mirror attached on the wall next to the right side of the bed. 

When Suyeon and her friends opened the door, they started to squeal in excitement but Suyeon herself just froze. She can’t figure out why suddenly she felt chills when the door opened, but then she quickly shrug it off, thought that maybe it’s the temperature or the weather.

They quickly unpack their things and hurriedly changed into comfortable shirt and headed to the beach, not forgetting to lock their door.

“Ah! I forgot my beach hat!” Hana the youngest one in the group shrieked, receiving some glares from her friends, they almost arrived at the beach and they don’t want to walk all the way back to their room again.

“Alright, you guys go ahead. I’ll go with Hana.” Suyeon spoke. She knew her friends too well that none of them would like to waste any energy just to walk back to get some stupid beach hat. But back in her mind told her to walk back to the beach, and let Hana go get that hat by herself because she didn’t want to go back to that room. Again she shrugs it off and let Hana pull her hand.

“Thank you Suyeon-ah, you’re just too kind.” Hana smiled.

“It’s okay, besides I left my sunglasses too.” Suyeon smiled back.

When they almost arrived at their room, again Suyeon felt those chills as if someone was watching them or her. She quickly took a deep breath to calm herself, and kept pushing those unsettling feelings back down.

When Hana opened the door, Suyeon kept on ignoring the chill feeling and quickly walks to her bag that was in front of the mirrored wall and took the sunglasses out as quickly as possible. When she was about to zip her bag, she saw something reflected in the mirror. Chill run down to her spine as every strands of hair on her body stood straight up.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She wanted to scream, but when she blinked it was gone.

“Suyeon-ah, did you manage to get your sunglasses?” Hana’s voice snapped her from the shock.

“H-Huh? Oh y-yeah, I got it.” she forced a smile and turned around to face where she saw it was reflected. Nothing.

“What is it?” Hana asked following her gaze.

“N-nothing, I just thought that I saw something reflected in the mirror. But I guess it was just my imagination.” she lied.

“Oh, it must be the heat wave. Come on, if we stay for too long I think Sora will be mad at us.” she giggled and pulled her scared friend out of the room.

Suyeon on the other hand just looking at the ground, letting Hana pulled her to the beach. Her fear about the room is starting to eat her whole, she can’t enjoy the holiday anymore. No she can’t, not when her fear is getting bigger and bigger, not when she had the thought of going home, NOT when the image of a shadow that was standing at the window is still lingered in her mind.

Suyeon never believed in ghost, no, because it’s not logical. Why do you have to be afraid of something that doesn’t even exist? That doesn’t even have bones or bodies? It’s just not logic.

But ever since she leaves that room and went to the beach Suyeon can’t help but to feel the feeling of paranoia that you get when you saw something out of the world. She can’t stop the image of the shadow that keeps popping out in her mind. She just sat there on the mat hugging her knees, the temperature at the beach is somewhat cold. The beach in summer is where you get the warm feeling right?

“Suyeon-ah!” Sora called, making her snapped out from the paranoia.

“Let’s go back to our room, Hana scraped her feet at the rocks.”

Upon hearing their room Suyeon just froze, chills run down her spine as she was being threw back to the world of paranoia again. It’s not like she doesn’t care at all about her friend, she does but right now she can’t stop the fear in her mind.

“Come on, I don’t know why you just sit here all day and not bothering to enjoy the summer beach, but we need to get Hana’s feet fixed.” Sora pulled Suyeon back to her feet and dragged her along the way back to the room.

After fixing Hana’s feet and they all went to for dinner after bathing. Suyeon felt relieved because the heavy feeling and the chills she felt inside their room was gone, well not for long. She knew that she’s being paranoid about the room, but she pushed the feelings away again assuming that she’s not yet comfortable with the new surroundings and just imagining things, yes imagining.

When they arrived at the small restaurant of the resort, it was not crowded. Well more like the students were walking away from the restaurant, some were talking to the teacher and some were groaning and frowning.

“Okay can anyone tell me what happened? Usually it’s crowded when it’s dinner time.” after Sora asked, a teacher walked towards them.

“Please go back to your room girls, the dinner is canceled.” she explained why the dinner is canceled after she heard some of us groaning in hunger. Because the restaurant is an open area which means roofless, the dinner is canceled. The forecast said that there’s a storm heading towards the resort, well you can’t eat in open areas while it was raining with thunder right?

She then gave them some pack of ramyuns and told them to cook this in their rooms to wait for the storm ended. They all nodded and head back, confused why that there’s a storm in summer?

 Suyeon can’t just feel numb. She rather stays in the restaurant, soaking in the rain rather than going back to where is the cause of her paranoia. But what she can do? She can’t just sit there and letting the storm to struck her. It’s either getting frightened or getting struck by a lightning, wait, by lightnings.

Letting out a deep sigh she walked towards her friends that were walking ahead of her. When the almost arrived at their room, again Suyeon saw something. The thing that she dreaded to get rid of from her mind, her memories. Those chilling feeling ran down her spine again as she looked at the window of their room.

It was that shadow again. It was like that shadow was waiting for her, waiting for her to come back inside, waiting for her fear to eat her whole. At that time she can’t scream or cry, she can’t feel anything, it was numb.

“Suyeon-ah what’s wrong?” Hana asked, snapping her out from her thought. She didn’t realize that she stopped in her tracks. She turned her head towards Hana that was in front of her, looking worried.

“Nothing, I just felt tired.” she lied. She can’t tell them, not when she still thought that she was imagining things. They might think that she’s insane or maybe she needs to be admitted to a hospital because of mental disorder for hallucinating things. It’s exaggerating, but she can’t helped.

Hana just nodded and waited for Suyeon to catch her up. Suyeon fasten her steps as she squirmed a little. When Hana wasn’t looking at her anymore, she shifted her gaze back to the window again, but there was nothing. Yeah I’m just imagining things because I’m tired. She said to herself.

When they arrived at their room, Suyeon didn’t feel that chill anymore or maybe her paranoia just vanished. She shrugged off as she sighed in relief, yup maybe she’s just imagining things.

“Ugh, why there is a storm in summer?” Sora retorded.

“Why? I think it’s not bad, we always have rain back in the city.” Hana mumbled while eating her ramyun.

“Right, raining is a common thing in summer.” Hyeri answered Hana’s question, full of sarcasm.

They all laughed and continued their dinner when suddenly a commotion was heard from next door. They quickly walked towards the door, curious of what is happening. After they opened the door they saw that Jongdae, one of the boys in their class fainted and was being carried by Minseok back into his group’s room. The boys group’s expression was painted with worry and fear.

 “What happened?” Sora asked. Luhan turned his head towards them, worry was all over his face.

“C-Chen he fainted,” Luhan answered, Chen is Jongdae’s nickname for the boys “He said that he saw something near the church before we were going to pray. When it’s his turn to be prayed by the priest he... h-he fainted.” he continued.

Some of them gasped, some of them just nodding, but without any reason Suyeon just froze as the chill feeling was back again.

The girls nodded and said some “He’ll be alright.” “I hope he’s okay.” “Get well soon.” to the boys and went back into the room.

Suyeon quickly slipped herself under the sheets, the paranoia that she felt before was back again and she wanted to forget about it by sleeping. Maybe if I go to sleep this feeling would go away. She thought, not bothering to stay up late with her friends to gossip around. Some of her friend asked why she wanted to sleep this early, and she just said she was tired, so they nodded.

The time passes by so quickly and it was 1 a.m. in the morning. The storm really came and it was full of lightning and thunder. Everyone was asleep in that middle of chaos, but there’s only one girl who’s not.

Suyeon can’t sleep. Since midnight she heard a sound other than the pouring rain and the thunder, a sound that makes her wanted to scream, to get the hell out of here. The sound of the door creaked open and closed, open and closed. The thing that keeps the door from opening widely is the chained door key. She really remembered well that her friends already lock the door, the even tried to break the door to make sure it was locked safely.

The creaked sound from the wooden door sent chills down to her spine, as again her fear became stronger. She can’t tear her eyes away off the ceiling, no she can’t. That image of the shadow figure on window was still in her mind, and remembering that just make the matter worsen. If she turned her body away from the ceiling, from the door she will meet the reflection of the moving door, no she can’t take the risk.

She can’t wake her friends up, no she’s too kind hearted. She thought that maybe just maybe if she just closed her eyes, the door will stop moving.

But the more she ignored, the harsher reality can be.

After a few minutes she closed her eyes, she felt something cold on her right arm. Giving her heart attack as the touch sent goose bumps all over her body.

There was something. Someone, that was touching her.

She won’t move, she won’t open her eyes. She WON’T. She just wanted to cry and ran away from this nightmarish reality.

She tried to pray, that’s the only salvation for her. When suddenly a loud bell could be heard, it was the church’s bell.

As if her pray have been heard by the God, the cold touch on her hand vanished, all the chills, all the fear except her paranoia. The moment was engulfed by the silent, the door stopped moving, and the thunder stopped striking.  As if the time was stopped.

Suyeon opened her eyes, letting it roaming around to room until her eyes stopped on the mirror next to her bed, it was still there.

Standing outside the window, was the shadow before. Her heart thumped loudly as she felt chills ran down her spine. Hell where’s her voice when she needed to scream?

She shuts her eyes quickly and pulled the sheets over her head. Hide in the place where she thought would be the safest place on earth, never letting her eyes open. Wishing that it was just a nightmare.

The night passed, without she realized it was morning, the storm was gone and the summer was back.

She felt relief when she saw the sunlight again after she removed the sheets and opened her eyes. She felt relief that there’s nothing around their room. She felt relief that the feelings she felt before was gone, as if the last night’s incident was just a dream. She felt relief that after breakfast she can get the hell out of here. She felt relief that she will never coming back to this place again.

But after the left she never knew that something was following her, something was watching her. Forever the days will never be the same again.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Sorry guys for the late update, I was so busy with work and stuffs. Is it creepy? Or Dark Warehouse is way creepier than this?

This story is not done yet though. I know you guys must be waiting for the EXO-M boys to showed up, but again this story is not done yet. Read the title of this chapter and you'll know. Yes There will be the boys side of the story, and of course it will be the EXO-M guys baby! Lol. Okay, so keep waiting okay? I will finish the boys side as quickly as possible! :)