sequel

✲ CODE:BREAKER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m telling you for the last time. If you were to doze again in class – not only in my class but other teachers’ classes, I swear to God I will call your parents right away and have them meet with the Principal!”

“It’s not like you did it for the first time, but it’s been for the umpteenth time. In fact, the other teachers have already come to me and complained about you sleeping in the class, didn’t do the homework and whatnot,” Mrs. Jo continues to babble, much to my annoyance. I mean, I wonder if she never gets tired to talk non-stop. She is downright capable of doing nonsensical things that others cannot do, really.

“To be honest, I couldn’t help wondering.” The bespectacled middle-aged woman takes a momentary pause, taking time to stare into my eyes so intently and yes, quite suspiciously. “You slack off a lot yet you always passed every exam with flying colors. Seriously, how’d you do that?”

“Well… I don’t know how to put into words.” I scratch the back of my neck with a bashful smile.

“Don’t tell me you cheated during exam?!”

“I’m not that bad, Mrs. Jo!” I interject. My voice jumps in a somewhat high volume that it piques other teachers’ interest. “Just because I slack off at school doesn’t mean I didn’t do revision at home, you know.”

I could clearly see her annoyed face. The way she scrunches her nose in utter distaste shows me how damn much this old woman loathes me. I have no idea, but ever since the first day of my freshman year in Daesung High School, I as though have literally become an eyesore to her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter