prologue

✲ CODE:BREAKER
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Deep in the darkest night,
When there’s no one around,
His force is coming,
There’s no way out.”

– Dracula, f(x)

“…...”

“Count me in. I am sure the viewers will be fond of this kind of program. It is not one of those typical shows on TV. It’s a reality show where ordinary people are continuously filmed, designed to be entertaining rather than informative.”

“…...”

“I am very, very sure.”

“…...”

“So far, we only have five students and I think it is more than enough. If this trial season is successful, we will bring more than 10 students.”

“…...”

“Not yet. My son hasn’t given their profiles to me yet, but he will sooner or later. No worries. Everything is under control.”

“…...”

“Of course. We only chose students who meet the requirements. We need a bunch of clever, sharp thinking students. Not those retarded ones.”

“…...”

“Alright then. I will tell you further once I have skimmed through their profiles.”

“…...”

“I’m hanging up now.”

Mr. Kim tosses his cell phone aside after he ends the call. A second later, a groan of infuriation escapes his lips. Talking with a person who does not entirely believe in his capability is rather difficult. He knows what he is doing is right. He has brought out over thousand of shows and all ran into great success. That is why he is downright positive that his forthcoming reality show will be the same as well.

The old man is about to go through his unfinished work before a knock on the door echoes throughout the study room.

Junmyeon is seen with a bright smile as he enters the room and walks towards his father’s desk.

“Do you not have school today?” Mr. Kim takes his glasses out and puts it on his desk before he peers at his son questioningly.

“Today is weekend,” the younger man notes concisely in a chivalrous tone. Sometimes, he thinks communicating with his own father feels as if talking to a president. Alas, there is no a little speck of hilarity or entertainment. He is raised to become a well-admired figure like his father is.

“Ah, I forgot today is Saturday.”

“It’s okay, father.” Junmyeon merely beams at him. “By the way, this is what you requested me to do last week. I am deeply sorry I took so much time. I had a lot of school projects and as you are well-aware, midterm is around the corner. My friends and I are staying up late at school for study group every day.”

A genuinely elated smile flits across his face as his son hands a rather thick file consisting of the students’ profiles over to him.

“I know you are busy, son,” he replies, the wide smiles does not fade. “Thank you for your hard work. You must’ve put your utmost effort on compiling all the profiles, right?”

Junmyeon scratches his nape bashfully. “Well, I guess you can say so.”

His father only lets out a laugh and later finds himself curious to start skimming through the profiles.

“Where are you going, son?”

Junmyeon halts his footsteps and pivots to his father’s direction. “I’m going back to my room. You must have had a lot of works and I do not want to disturb your precious time.”

“Come here,” he remarks invitingly, motioning him to stand beside him. “I need you for guidance.”

“Well, if you insist.” Junmyeon nods in agreement and joins his father for the session.

///

Name: Lu Han

Age: 17

Gender: Male

School: Seoul All-Boys High School

Place of Living: Sangdo-dong, Seoul

Trivia:

His father is Chinese while his mother is Korean. Lu Han is the only child of Lu family. Currently single, but rumors broke that he actually has a fiancé for his father’s company’s sake. One of the highest IQ recorded in South Korea and is an official member of MENSA. Top 5 best students in Seoul All-Boys High School and has won the most excellent student award for three consecutive years. The president of Student Council Club and also the president of Mathematic Club Has a sense of leadership, impressively sharp thinking and deduction skill, Lu Han never fails to amaze people around him.

“Isn’t he–”

Junmyeon nods abruptly. “Yes, father. Lu Han is the sole heir of Lu Group, one of the most leading construction companies in both China and Korea.”

“What an utter waste,” Mr. Kim mutters in pity as he looks at his smiling face. “No matter how much he works to achieve good grades for his university application, but he will never make it. The company is waiting for its next chairman.”

Junmyeon seals his lips, but it does not mean he does not agree his father’s remark.

“Anyhow, he will definitely be seen as a big threat to the other players,” is his comment before he flips the next page and a beautiful face greets him with a rather stoic smile.

“She looks chic, isn’t she?”

“Slightly.” Junmyeon can deduce so after meeting her in person.

Name: Im Yoona

Age: 17

Gender: Female

School: St. Blossoms Private Academy

Place of Living: Gangnam-gu, Seoul

Trivia:

Im Yoona comes from an affluent, first-class household. Being the daughter of highly influential parents, she is raised to become the epitome of perfection in everyone’s eyes. Has been scouted by various entertainment companies for her good looks, but she rejected all of them. She finds entertainment business is only for those who want to be famous in an instant. Excels in both academic and sports, she strives to become a psychologist for her future career. She is widely known to have a rather competitive side and never
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter