Ch. 3

Not Alone

TLoving Somebody Forever And EverG

 

Today is the beginnng of Autumn, the season of maturity, and has passed two years since Reikyoku graduated from middle school. He is now studying in the Kyoto City University of Arts and also working as a junior writer in a fashion magazine, there, he is friends with a teenager named Yūri, both work in the cooking branch of the magazine and they have lots of fun in writing some of the articles.

 

Passing through the streets of Nakagyō an electronics shop caught his attention, more specific a stand full of smart phones, he was starring at a purple Sony Xperia M2 and decided to buy it to replace his old one. When he arrived home - late - Reikyoku went straight to his bedroom and threw himself in the bed. He took his old cellphone from his pockets and distracted a small, handmade accessory from it and, before placing it on his new phone, he took a moment to appreciate it since it had Keiken's blazer button in it, he placed it on his heart and closed his eyes, remembering his school days. That's when he noticed how much of a loner he was, but he never noticed, nor minded it, he started to wonder why but soon discovered that it was he because he was too busy with his crush and the wonderful experience that he didn't had time to care about his social life in school.

 

"Thank you Keiken..." He whispered to himself "...Wait! What Inkō said that day 'You'll feel better if you write down all your feelings'! Yes! That's what I'll do." He stood up and reached for his laptop on the bedside table and started a blog, entitled 'My School Love History' - the diary was used to write down his feelings about being apart from his brother - and the first post was 'I Was Never Alone', thanking Keiken for never feeling alone even though he had no friends, also for making him fall in love for the first time.

 

His post lasted one hour to finish, after writing down his feelings in a blog, he went to the bathroom to wash his tensions away. Sometimes thinking about the last time he saw Keiken and how he ran away, every time he remembers it though, he feels a bit awkward, as he though nowadays that it would be better if he stayed and listened to him, damn, they could even be dating now! Sure, it would take two hours to go to Tokyo, but it was worth it.

 

==========

 

The next day he was in the composing class, and suddenly someone handed him a paper note, in it somebody was asking him to come to a certain place in the cafeteria. Reikyoku tried to search the person but no avail. The only thing he could do was wait.

In the cafeteria he was searching for the place pointed on the note, a bit nervous because he didn't know who was the author of that note, but still, why don't find out? When he finally searched the table he saw a pale, blonde chinese boy. He was listening to music while writing it's score on a music sheet, when he noticed Reikyoku's presence a smile was formed on his features.

 

"Hi there! I'm Henry Lau but my friends call me Kenka[Xianhua], which happens to be the japanese read of my chinese name. Nice to meet you."

 

"Hi, I'm Jō Reikyoku." said the smaller teen while he place his homemade bento on the table, unwrapping it and preparing to eat. This is, until he noticed the music Henry was writing. "What music is this that you're writing?"

 

"A music my friend created, it's called 'U'. I'm trying to pass it to a violin score."

 

"Wouldn't it be easier if you asked him the original score?" He asked indignantly, why try to do complicated things when practical ones are available?

 

"That's not why I asked you to come here! I-I'm trying to im-impress him..." Henry looked away while he blushed "...actually I read your blog a-and I know how you feel, about liking someone and not be able to talk to him...can you help me?" He suddenly pleaded, Reikyoku blinked a few times, he was a bit startled by the boy's suddeness.

 

"Y-yeah..." Henry bursted in joy and reached Reikyoku's both hands, stratling the other even more.

 

"Can we be friends?"

 

"All of a sudden?!"

 

"Yes! Please?"

 

"Okay, we can be friends. My second friend ever."

 

==========

 

At the work Reikyoku was editing a text that he had written yesterday. He and Yūri share the same table – made of glass – separated by Yūri's CPU, both sat in office chairs made of aluminium and white leather. He was calmly editing the text till his friend started to make strange sounds.

 

"Yūri! Unlike you I'm trying to work, so plese don't disturb me your strange noises."

 

"But Reikkun[Ryeonggu]! My ship sank! I could do nothing!"

 

"Huh?"

 

"I discovered that my favorite shipping exchange, like, less than twenty words in total? How unfair can life be!?"

 

"What are you talking about Yū?" He finelly decided to ask properly, because he still had no idea of what she was talking about.

 

"Yesterday I went to the International Manga Museum to read some manga. I found my favorite! And it was the one I couldn't get, so when I finally read it I discovered my favorite shipping barely talks to eachother, so now I'm sad..." She said nonstop "...Now that I remember, Reikkun! You wrote such a fabulous blog entry yesterday – why you never told me you had one? – you should write more!"

 

"You saw my blog?"

 

"Yes, and you should write more."

 

"Let's resume our work shall we...?" He said helplessly, anything to shut her up and not get scolded by their Kachō.

 

After his work Reikyoku had to go to Karasuma Station, to take a train to go home. This routine takes a lot from his time, however he dosen't have a choice, since he wanted to buy things with his own money – and live in Tokyo – but this daily chores drains too much energy from him, luckly he takes a brake from school on sundays and from work on fridays, which makes tommorow a best day to write more on his blog.

 

When he arrived home he checked his blog and had 18 comments, all from people who shared a familiar history. When he got a day off from work he wrote more about his love life. Like when he met Kyuhyun, their occasional meetings and even about his love letter. As months goes by he gained a lot of followers, even close friends. Along with Henry and Yūri he has now five friends: Yūri, Henry, Shūko[Suho], a boy who fakes Geishō[Yesung] and Shōmin, his classmate from middle school.

 

"Talking about Shōmin, I wonder what Keiken is doing?"

 

=========

 

In the streets of Tokyo, there are two friends who barely survived the busy Shinjuku Station and are now returning home, walking and singing. Both took advantage that they were in Shinjuku before to drink in some famous bar in the region. They arrived at the smaller's apartment and settled at his office.

 

"Hey, Keiken, can I know the source of your inspiration? You never seen to have an artist's block."

 

"Here Minkō[Minho], this letter and also this video, the boy in this video was so passionate, he is also the one who wrote me this letter. I want to be passionate about drawing as much as he was passionate about me." He said and drinked his water, he later offered a cup to his freind too.

 

"Reikyoku? Maybe he is that fella, Reikkun."

 

"Reikkun?"

 

"Yeah, Chinki[Jinki] likes his blog a lot."

 

==========

 

The kakitsubatas are starting to form buds.

 


I don't know if it's okay to put marks and other things, but that smartphone must be iest things I ever saw in my life after Uzu Sanageyama from Kill la Kill *O*

I know this chapter was small, but not THAT small, at least final chapter will make up for the shortness.

If you're asking what is a Kachou, s/he is the division chief.