Ch. 1

Not Alone

UI'm The Flower That Blooms For YouE

 

"It was an empty music room, everyone has already left to go home and it was the best time to practice calmly – because everyone liked to watch him play and this always made him nervous – he searched the music book in his bag and placed above the piano. The sky was already orange, the cityscape painted in calm, warm colors, he never tough Kyoto would be such a beautiful city when sunset arrived. Reikyoku[Ryeowook] straighned himself on the bench and placed his fingers on the keys. Soon the hall would be filled with the soothing melody of Brahms' Waltz. When he finished the song, he heard someone clapping, making his heart skip a beat.

 

"It was such a beautifull song, and you play with so much passion...beautiful..." The tall boy said. His skin was milk-like, with chocolate brown, fluffy hair, dark eyes and honey-like voice, he was holding a camera but Reikyoku was too busy admiring the boy and his compliments that he didn't noticed it "can you continue? I want to record this moment."

 

"Su-sure!" He didn't knew what to play, but he wanted to impress the other student with another beautiful song, he thought a bit and remembered another song: Danubio's Waves. The other boy was spellbound by the way he played the music, how he could feel all of his emotions. After another two musics he ended his little concert with Farewell Waltz, it was a very beautiful song indeed, but also very sad, as if Reikyoku himself didn't want that moment to end.

 

"I finished recording, you can rest now..." Reikyoku was flushed and at the same time scared, he didn't know what the other was thinking and was a bit shy to ask, his voice didn't come out. "...It's not fair, all of the musics you played were beautiful ones, you made me fall for you because of that. Ah! Now I remember, I forgot to tell you my name. I'm Keiken[Kyuhyun], what's yours?"

 

"Reikyoku."

 

"Reikyoku? I shall remember you, forever..." He stored his camera in his bag, approached Reikyoku and kissed him "...See you later." Keiken exited the room, leaving a fallen in love Reikyoku. He touched his lips and squealed. It was the best day of his life."

 

If it wasn't a dream.

 

"Reikyoku! Your lazy ! Wake up!" Said a guy while he dragged the smaller boy over his shoulder – taking him out of his bed – they looked very alike, the only difference was that the other one was considered way more handsome than him and the only real difference is that the other has a more manly look.

 

"Inkō[Yunho]! Just because I had the best dream ever!" Protested Reikyoku to his brother, Inkō.

 

"If it's about that day you met Keiken you know better than me that he just finished recording you, said his name and bid farewell to you. I don't even know why you always change that in your head..." Reikyoku complained after his brother said that, Inkou just landed him on the bathroom and closed the door. "...just finish it quickly."

 

Reikyoku finished grooming himself and went down the stairs to eat his breakfest along his family. His brother was already there, reading some of his didactic books, which Reikyoku could understand few things. His father was reading a newspaper and his mom finished Reikyoku's dish and finally sat on the floor.

 

"Inkou, stop studying now, I appreaciate your dedication but you should focus on your meal now. Dear, you too!"

 

"Sorry." Said both in unision, Reikyoku was just watching the scene, indiferent, while he ate his omelet.

 

"About your futures. What you too want to do?" Asked their father, Inkou was the first to answer.

 

"I want to make exams to be accepted in the Nagoya City University."

 

"And what is the problem in studyng in Kyoto University? Do you know how many people would die to be in your place?" Asked his father again, upset about his son's choice.

 

"Nagoya has the fourth largest metropolitan area, is considered the third richest city and has the best public university, and..." He scratched his nape "...I want to be a doctor." he affirmed shyly while his parents were shocked.

 

"I thought you said you wanted to be a lawyer!"

 

"I know I said that, but now I want to be a doctor." His father sighed and turned his attention to Reikyoku.

 

"Kyoto University also has medicine sciences...And you?"

 

"I'm going to try Kyoto City University of Arts." he said nonchalantly. His parents just nodded in approval.

 

They look at the clock and noticed the hour, they should head to school or else they would be late. The brothers exited their house and went on separated ways after they reached a main street. Reikyoku always went alone to school, actually he was a loner but he never minded this.

 

His days were always normal, sometimes he would be lost in his own world, trying to write lyrics or even make music sketchs, but none of them was satisfactory to him. He was an avarage student, he never excelled in grades, like his older brother, but he wasn't a bad alumni too, is that he just cares for music.

 

Half of the classes was over, now this classmates are having a break. Reikyoku unpacked a bento he made himself. At home he makes his and his brother's bento. He was eating normally until Keiken barged into his class, holding two yakisoba breads – one for him and the other to Shōmin[Changmin], his best and, if not only friend – Reikyoku hid behind his music book and watched the two friends acting dorky while talking about videogames, he couldn't help but laugh a little. Everytime he saw Keiken smiling he ended smiling too, sometimes he wondered if he was being too obvious with his crush but he didn't cared for his image, he knows he is a bit famous because his brother always go to his school at dusk to take him home.

 

After all the classes has ended he went to he music room to practice, music was his extracurricular activity and was what made his grades being above-average. He started playing the music his teacher asked him to practice a week ago, now the music is flawless, this is, until Shōmin and Keiken barg into the room, chatting. This made them get scolded by the teacher. They apologized and Shōmin went near the piano.

 

Keiken was there just to watch his friend sing, and take some photos. Reikyoku resumed his activities but stopped when Keiken stared him, his deep stare sent shocks down his spine. His teacher wanted to know what hapenned but he pulled himself together before he could ask. This time Reikyoku played Waltz of the Flowers, a bit nervous because of Keiken, when he finished the entire class clapped, he got a bit awkward. Later all of the class played the same music together and Reikyoku had to admit, he had much fun today.

 

It was evening then, almost dusk, and Reikyoku was still there, practicing, but he didn't had a choice since his father is still saving money to buy a piano for him. While he was practicing he noticed that Shōmin and Keiken were also in the room, but now Shōmin was just watching Keiken doing something, was that...drawing? He flushed and got happy to know that Keiken was an artist like him.

 

"So he likes to draw? I wonder what..." He murmured to himself.

 

"Hey Bunny! Are you here?" Said Inkō when he entered the music room, but he only spotted the two friends, and exchanged glances with Shōmin, who turned to Keiken's drawing.

 

"I'm here!" Said Reikyoku shifting a bit from the piano, so that he could be seen. His brother approached him and stared at music sheet.

 

"This looks complicated..."

 

"but it's not..." He closed the book a clutched his brother's blazer "Onii-chan, help me...!" He pointed at Keiken "He keeps staring at me I don't know what to do..."

 

"You want me to help?" The youngster nodded "Okay then." Inkō signaled him to stand when his brother did so he pushed him to Keiken's direction, making the boy panic, his heartbeats accelerating at the same pace the distance between them was decreasing.

 

"Oh, Hi Reikyoku. Your last music was so beautiful, so pure, as I expected from someone in love." His last sentence made Reikyoku's world freeze, his body was stiff, which made Keiken regret his words "You're not in love? Sorry, my bad. I thought you were because...the feelings in your music somehow reached me this way, maybe I read them wrong."

 

"No it's okay, my feelings are very confuse sometimes. See you tomorrow." He waved his hands and went to his brother, who was with a dissapointed look. Reikyoku rolled his eyes and dragged Inkō with him.

 

In their way out of the school they crossed with Keiken cube hole[1], he was hesitating in the beginning, but then he stop his brother. Using him as a support for his bag, he ped it and took a envelop with a heart stamped on it, he held the envelope in his heart for a few seconds and placed it above Keiken's shoes, exiting the school in utterly joy.

 

When they arrived home they saw that the kakitsubatas were blooming for the first time.

 


cub hole is where students in Japan put their shoes.