Ch. 2

Not Alone

QI Can't Move Foward If It's Only A Fairytalep

 

It has already passed 11 months since Reikyoku delievered that love letter to Keiken and he could swear he felt a lot lighter after that day. Now he is in school with his classmates, celebrating the last day at middle school with a mini party, that they managed to make with a lot of pleading to the principal.

 

Everyone was happy that they finally are going to close this chapter of their life, but also sad that they would see some of them for the last time. Reikyoku was not different, yes, he was a loner, but he enjoyed his days at school, it was like a comedy. But sadly it would be dificult to see eachother again, and if they did, they would be already adults by then. The different characteristics of each claasmates, the hard days, the awkward moments and the love stories, all of them are precious things to him.

 

Each students bought some food, sweet or drinks, Reikyoku bought mini muffins, everyone loved. The party was finishing and he was already preparing himself for the graduation ceremony, that was when Shōmin approached him to talk.

 

"Heya, Jō[Jung]-san, can we talk?" The taller male startled the petite one, but he agreed nonetheless. They both sat on oposing chairs, Shōmin smiling like a five years old. "I know this is strange because we never talked before..." He nodded "...but...can I know about your family?" Reikyoku was at first suspicious about his question, but he though he could make him give some information about Keiken, so it was a win-win situation.

 

"Okay. What do you want to know?"

 

"Let's start with your brother, I'll assume he is the closest to you."

 

"Yeah, you're right. Inkō is my older brother, he is two years older than me and he is role model for me, because once he likes something, he'll be determinate to get it. At first he was studying Law – because of our father though – but now he wants to be a doctor and four months ago he made and test to enter in Nagoya City University, and he was accepted!"

 

"Nagoya? Isn't it far?" asked Shōmin thoughtful.

 

"Well, he'll need to wake up earlier than he did before, but if you go there by Jōetsu Shinkansen you reach Nagoya Station in 35 minutes."

 

"Why he didn't tried Kyoto University, is nearer and more prestigious..."

 

"My father said the same thing, actually he studed there, but he said he wanted to study in Nagoya, I believe he has his reasons for doing so, maybe he likes someo-"

 

"What about your father?" Reikyoku was slightly drwa back by his suddenly cut, but he didn't noticed the obvious.

 

"My father is a lawyer and he wanted Inkou to be one too. He bought me a piano as long as I practiced everyday. At first he tought it was going to be just a hobby, but I said I want to be a composer, he didn't liked it. I think he hs some kind of prejudice to music." They stayed quite for a short time and Reikyoku remebered to ask him about Keiken. "Can...you tell me about Keiken?"

 

"No problem. Keiken is my best friend since we were toddlers. We like to play videogames, both console and computer games, his childhood dream is to become a game ilustrator, he loves to draw rpg characters a lot, he draws everyday...and..." His suddenly pause made Reikyoku nervous, what was that he was going to tell him? Was it some kind of secret? "...He likes to draw things and pass his emotions to it, he trains very hard to do it, so he like to watch some daily scenes to get some inspiration, but it seems like he prefers to see you playing music, somehow..." Then Shōmin stared him more serious, but deep inside you could catch a glimpse of sadness. "...if I was you, I would forgot about Keiken."

 

"What-"

 

"Everyone." Their teacher announced and everyone payed attenion to him, the class was again clean. "It's time for you to gather at the school podium, it's time to begin the graduation ceremony."

 

Everyone nodded and and followed the teached out of the class, Reikyoku was lost by Shoumin's last sentence and lost his sight, when he returned to our world he noticed that most of his classmates already left and he followed them. When he arrived at the school

podium he saw the first row of underclassmen, their parents and the other teachers and soon he noticed that his class was the last one. He could see the officials and other special guests. Every year he saw this, but today it was HIS ceremony, so everything felt different.

 

Their teacher led them to their seat, one by one, they walk in a straight line and stand next to their chairs, when the teacher signaled them to sit, they sat at once. He noticed he was behind Shoumin – he frowned – their teacher joined the rest of the teachers and head of the ceremonies asked everyone to bow to their flag. The person on the piano was his music teacher. He played the first note, and they prepared themselves; the second note, they bowed and the third they straightned again.

 

After the bowing everyone had to sing. Now that Reikyoku thought of it, everyone was forced to sing in school and he never heard Keiken doing so, how well he sings? How must be his voice when he is singing? One of his classmates forced him to come down to earth again because they were going to sing the national anthem, followed by the city song and later the school song – and it was going to be the last time he did it with his fellow classmates, he tought -. The principal, wearing black tie, went to the podium while a female teacher in hakama brings out the diplomas on a large, silver tray.

 

"They look so elegant..." Reikyoku changed his focus now to the alumnis who were going to graduate like him "Where's Keiken? What was his class again...SHōMIN!" He touched Shoumin once, he didn't buldge, he touched again. Now a bit anoyed, Shoumin turned to see who was picking on him. "Do you know which one is Keiken's class" he whispered.

 

"I thought I said to you to give up on him!" He whispered back but Reikyoku was staring him with puppy eyes, he rolled his eyes. "Class B." He thanked Shoumin and tried to serach for class B, they were class E so he must be in the last row of students in the left side of the podium. Now and then he lightly shifted to try to see Keiken, but he was moving do much that it caught the attention of his homeroom teacher, who was sighing, almost facepalm.

 

"Hey Reikyoku what are you doing?" said his classmate.

 

"Trying to see someone, Sunayama, now let me alone."

 

"But the teacher is death-glaring you." said him a bit scared. When Reikyoku stopped and faced the teacher he froze in his spot, making hand signs of 'I'm sorry', his teacher just rolled his eyes.

 

"Sō Keiken."

 

"Hai~"Reikyoku's heart skipped a beat for just hearing his honey-like voice. Now was Keiken's turn to step in the stage. He was walking in a slow pace, he bowed and later received his diploma, while Keiken was getting his diploma from the principal and bowed to him he was so majestic to Reikyoku's eyes. Suddenly when he was exiting the stage he looked at his direction, he was so red when their eyes met, or at least was what he tought, after that he was in his own world, daydreaming until he heard...

 

"Jin Shōmin." He sanpped out when he heard Shoumin's name, because he would be the next. After Shoumin returned to his seat he was preparing himself, not trying to look like a strawberry.

 

"Jō Reikyoku"

 

"H-Hai!" "Fisrt fail!" And he could hear other classmates chuckling and even a 'how cute' from someone, he walked in a straight line, turned 90 dregrees and walked to the stage, very nervous. The principal gave him a small smile hoping for him to recover from the nervousness. The principal took the full size, open covered diploma and rotated it to Reikyoku's direction and handed it to him, with his left hand he caught the diploma and later used his right one to bring it back to him, he tried to imitate Keiken: take a step back, bowed to the principal, slowly close the diploma, folds it in his left hand, turn and walk away to his seats, stops and bow to the special guests and return to sit in his chair.

 

"Wow you were so awkward up there that I got ashamed for you."

 

"Shut up Shōmin."

 

"Keiken said you were cute."

 

"How do you know?"

 

"He texted me."

 

After all the students got their diplomas the other classmen started to sing to them and in return they also sing to their kohais. The principal made a speech that is later followed by the head of the PTA. In the end f the ceremony their homeroom teacher adresses them one last time, now they are finally free to roam the school.

 

In the middle of the crownd Reikyoku tried to spot Keiken, he only spotted him when he got very far away from the school podium. Keiken was in a place full of green, near the school gates and luckly there was no girl near him. He thought to himself that it would be now or never. He tried to gather his courage and approached Keiken, Shōmin saw this and distanced himself from Keiken, but not too far away, because he wanted to see the outcome.

 

"K-Keiken..." The said boy faced him "I-I...Keiken I love you, since that day you caught me alone in the music room playing Brahms' Waltz. When you complimented me that day, your sincerety, the way you see life, how you see beauty in things that I never tought would have. I always was a lonely boy but when I started to love you I never cared about that. Keiken...you were right that day one year ago, I played that music beautifuly because I was in love, I fell for you. I was the one who wrote that love letter that same day and-" Keiken cut him off placing two fingers in his lips, staring warmingly at him.

 

"I knew, one month after we met, you were too obvious..." The taller boy disattatched a button from his blazer and gave to the smaller one, making him blush a pale pink "...And I knew about the letter, because Shoumin know your wrinting...but I always avoided you, that's the truth, because I didn't wanted to hurt you, it sad to say goodbye to you."

 

"What...are you talking about...?"

 

"I'm going to move, to Tokyo, to continue my studies there, to become a game illustrator. My father even approved it, because he is in another country and since I'm going to stay in Tokyo it's easy because the international airport is there...wait! You are...?" He tried to touch Reikyoku's face, who was down and full of tears. When Reikyoku felt his fingers he started to run off of the school, leaving a regretful Keiken behind.

 

"Why? Why? Just when I confessed...he's going to leave me. If I confessed earlier...Idiot! Idiot! You're an idiot Reikyoku!" He scolded himself while runing to his home, he had stopped crying a while ago and stopped to breathe just now that he was at his house's door. He couldn't hold anymore and collapsed on the floor, crying, he hughed hes legs for comfort and stayed there, crying silently. He stayed there long enough to his brother see him helplessly crying on the door, he aproached him and comforted the poor boy.

 

"What happened? He dumped you?" He said softly while soothing him with an embrace.

 

"He said he is going to leave the city, that he will study in Tokyo."

 

"You don't want him to continue his dreams?"

 

"Its not that!" he faced his brother "If I had confessed to him earlier I...I..." and he started to cry again "I'm and idiot...!"

 

"You're not and idiot..." He took an leather diary out of his bag "...take this, writing down you feelings will help you feel better." his little brother stopped hughing his own legs and held the diary near his chest, now using this as comfort. "...I have to go, I need to pack things."

 

"What?"

 

"I'm going to live in the campus from now on."

 

"The kakitsubata has died." He said bitterly.

 


I hope you guys understand the message behind the Kakitsubata. ^^