2/3 Our Ticking Crocodile

Our Neverland

A/N Not editted and excuse my rusty writing sorry but I had to post this before I killed something


Yesung felt like tearing his precious hair out.  This was no laughable matter, he loved his hair to bits, shaving it for the army caused him to break down in tears, the world simply was not ready to see his alien forehead.  But, being a best man was far more then he bargained for, he’d been so busy organizing things for the engagement party he’d had next to no time to organize his own costume.  Between stopping Heechul from ripping Hyukjae’s brains out, because apparently he was insensitive to the fact he was taking his Donghae away from him and fighting with floral companies that didn’t obviously know the difference between powder blue and sapphire.  He was so tired his dark circles had dark circles to support them and no amount of concealer seemed to help cover them up. He hadn’t taken a selca in weeks and his ego was at an all time low (this lack of photo-taking also meant his little brother was starting to put weight on his legs due to lack of photo taking squat exercises).

The top of his list at the moment was his dire need for a character and a costume fast.  The engagement party was fast approaching and he had been too busy to have a good think about it.  He was only going to be a best man once in his life (apparently his emo appearance scared people off), he wanted this moment to be special, and he needed to look good in pictures dammit! He already booked his brother to be his personal photographer, screw the official one he didn’t know the perfect angles to capture his charisma.  Simply put, he was driven to the point of insanity, he wasn’t one to reach out for help but it was 1am and only one person would still be awake, probably obsessing over details of the engagement party like himself. Picking up his phone he huffed with frustration.

“Donghae, who the hell do I dress up as?” He squeaked out, not even bothering with a hello.

“Yesung? Are you meant to be asking the other best men this?  I’ve got enough on my plate and Hyukjae isn’t telling me whom he dresses up as.  I hate secrets.”  Yesung rolled his eyes.  That was true, once Donghae had ended up on a train to Busan because he was to busy whining to Kyuhyun about a supposed secret being kept from him and didn’t realize till he arrived.

Great.

“Why don’t ask Krystal?”  Donghae asked. “She has a lot of ideas.”

“Krystal scares me a little, ever since high school.”

“Then ask Luna,”

“Also scary.”

“Didn’t both of you used to something going on between you too?  Surely that is over by now?”

“Yeah, it’s over but it is more like she was normal and then that Europe trip her and Krystal had and if you remember they came back and never were the same.”

“I’m not sure Yesung, just don’t take whatever Hyukjae’s going as.  Do you know?”

“No Donghae, I know who Hyukjae is going as and no I’m not telling you.”  Yesung replied.  “I’m more scared of him then you so just give me a hand.”

“Well, who is Kyuhyun going as?”  Donghae said slyly. 

“Peter Pan and I know where you are going with this and no I’m not dressing up in drag.”

“How about if you dress up as the male version?  That’s really popular on tumblr these days.”  Yesung thought about it for a second, it could be nice, wearing a powder blue jacket with a white bow tie but then again he didn’t want to be so conspicuous about his affections for Kyuhyun.  Thanking his groomzilla best-man , who was still whining about Hyukjae’s secret, he promptly hung up the phone to spare his ears from the onslaught of puppy like whines.  Flicking through the multitude of Disney characters he desperately sort a solution.  He quickly found one, upon staring at Alice in Wonderland.  He could actually go as Wendy, so he looked pretty in pictures next to his crush and tell everyone he was the male version of Alice!  He was a genius, he hadn’t thought that since he perfected his angles for his selfies but the solution was obviously there in front of his eyes.  Eyes, that now for the first time in ages would have at least five hours worth of sleep.

 

Today was the day. It was the day when Donghae would finally stop nagging him about Hyukjae’s secret, it was the day when he finally found a good enough concealer for his dark circles and it was the day he could cross off leading up to this eventful wedding taking place.  He looked out on the intricately decorated hall that had been booked out.  They had really gone all out with the decorations; well the groom’s friends were all in a wedding company it was to be expected.  The room looked like a ballroom, complete with gorgeous ice sculptures and cakes that were almost too pretty to eat. 

 “My dear Yesung,” called a familiar voice.  He turned to see Heechul, literally skipping towards him dressed unsurprisingly as Anna from Frozen.  He was flocked by his whipped boyfriend dressed as and Chanyeol, the intern who was a reindeer.

“Yes?”

“So the rumors are right you are Wendy, welcome to the companies bottoms alliance.”

“For your information I am dressed at the male version of Alice.” 

“Really now.” Heechul narrowed his eyes. 

“Really, really.”

“See my photographer, I mean brother, is dressed as the white rabbit?”

“But your hair is browney blond no that platinum blond,”  Heechul said inspecting him thoroughly, looking for a clue as to Yesung’s true intentions.

“Hair dresser screwed up.”  Yesung replied sheepishly hoping his lie wouldn’t be caught out.  Heechul looked at him up and down, causing goose bumps to rise

“You look nice.”  Yesung said quickly, hoping to distract one of his worst nightmares from his dangerous train of thought. 

“Of course I look nice, I asked Santa when I was nothing but a small delicate child and I woke up the next morning with a box with a ribbon on my head.”  Heechul said as if it was the most natural thing on earth whilst adjusting his plaits proudly.  “Now I must help my darling Donghae adjust his costume, Sven I am in need of your services.”  Yesung watched as Heechul jumped on Chanyeol’s back, shoving a carrot in his mouth and boldly stated, onwards noble steed.   Yesung felt honestly sorry for the poor intern but he seemed happy enough, he had that crazed smile on his face.  Maybe he enjoyed dressing up as a reindeer and having Heechul’s thighs around his head.  Yesung shivered at his own thoughts and instead looked around the room for anyone else that had turned up early.  Krystal and Luna were ensuring the Drone, yes the drone, was set up to capture every moment on the engagement for the feature film they were creating.  Those two really creeped him out and it was only getting worse.

“Hello Wendy.”  He heard whisper in his ear which naturally led to Yesung immediately jumped in the air and wacked the creepy son of a , whoever it was, in the face.

“For s sake Yesung!  It’s not my fault that your attraction to me is obvious as .” Kyuhyun groaned.  The blow to his heart made him want to turn around and run for his life, then turn Kyuhun into some voodoo doll and cause him to fall in a boiling pitch of oil or something.  It was true but there was no need to be so mean about it.  No matter what happened, even if he ended up breaking the singer’s nose, there was no need for that.  Why the heck did he have a crush on this jerk again? 

“For you information, I am Alice not Wendy so screw you Kyuhyun.” Yesung spat back, not even the least bit sorry for obviously whacking Kyuhyun in the nose. 

“Pretty sure you want that to happen but whatever, at least apologize that hurt.” His crush groaned, “I’ve got a blood nose thanks to you.”

“Nup not going to because you are a liar pants on fire, it’s embarrassing when you say lies like that about me supposedly having the biggest crush on you.”  Yesung retorted, “You’re the reason why rumors about us having something going on between us are going around!” 

“Pants on fire? Are you five?” Kyuhyun grumbled. Yesung didn’t even pay attention to it, he was fuming, how could Kyuhyun just say things like that so easily? He simply walked away from it, he wasn’t having his eyeliner messed up and today wasn’t meant to be about Kyuhyun but his best friends getting engaged.  His friends that were so utterly besotted with each other nothing could ever tear them apart.  They were roll models of what a couple should be like if they wished to be forever in their honey moon phase of there relationship.

“LEE HYUKJAE!” Came screech that made Yesung wish he didn’t think his previous thoughts.  He turned around to be greeted by the seen of Hyukjae, dressed as Flynn Rider running away from a very angry looking Donghae.

“Kyuhyun save me!” Hyukjae squeaked like a little girl.  “He’s screaming at me and I don’t even know why!”

“That makes it even worse.” Donghae shouted, his Eric costume not even on properly so he was bearing his chiseled chest to the world.  He’d never seen Donghae so angry it his life.

“Donghae we aren’t going to get anywhere with you like this, the main guests will be here in a bit can’t you calm down a bit.” Kyuhyun sighed. 

“He dressed as Flynn Rider !”

“I honestly don’t see a problem with that.”

“No everything is wrong with that!” Donghae stomped his foot on the ground.  “He’s meant to be Prince Charming.  He is my Prince Charming but he dresses up as that conviving lying cocky excuse for a male lead.”

“C’mon Flynn isn’t that bad.” Yesung said trying to console his friend.  “It actually fits really well.  Flynn’s really sweet.”

“But, but that isn’t my point!” Donghae said, actually tearing up.  “He is my Prince.”  With this the distressed Prince bolted off.  

“Sven after Eric!” Came a shout from the distance.  Almost comically Chanyeaol ran past with Heechul on his back. 

“I don’t get it why is he so upset?”  Hyukjae pouted.  “I don’t even know what he means.  I am his Prince.”

“But Flynn isn’t technically a Prince per se.” Krystal shrugged, adjusting the bow from her Belle costume.  “Plus Hyoyeon is coming as Rapunzel and he isn’t too pleased with that either.  Being his ex yet still being good friends with her.”

“Is Donghae that insecure about Hyukjae?” Yesung asked. 

“Well they did have that dramatic breakupand then 5 years hiatus from there relationship.”  Kyuhyun mused. 

“I’m not talking to you.” Yesung grumbled.

“I get it I’m a bigger jerk then him.”  Kyuhun pointed at the distressed Hyukjae that was clinging to Krystal begging for advise.  “But let’s make sure this party is as romantic as the two want it to be.” 

“Fine but I’m still angry with you.”

“Whatever let’s find Donghae before he and Heechul end up plotting Hyukjae’s death.”  Yesung sighed as he watched Luna and Krystal comfort Hyukjae who seemed as clueless as ever. 

 

They both walked in relative silence as they looked for there missing friend. 

“It’s strange you are being this helpful Kyuhyun.” Yesung said. “Normally you just sit back and laugh as those two argue.”

“I’m still their friend.  As much as it is amusing I’d hate for their engagement to be ruined over this.”

“Your romantic aren’t you.”  Yesung teased.  He looked up to see Kyuhyun’s face was slightly red.  “Your blushing! I bet you are the type to watch those corny love dramas.”

“Shut up.”  Kyuhyun stammered. “ I like them, you know who doesn’t?”

“I never knew you had this side to you it’s kind of cute.  Why can’t you be cute all the time.”

“Snarky brat is a lot more fun.”  Kyuhyun shrugged, giving Yesung one of his rare charming smiles.  Yesung felt his heart flutter a little, he was supposed to be angry at him but the git managed to worm himself to his affections already.  “There he is.”  Kyuhyun spotted Donghae dramatically crying in the middle of a rose garden clutching at Heechul’s dress and Chanyeol was contentedly munching a carrot again. 

“C’mon Donghae the party is starting soon.” Yesung cooed at his friend who was still sobbing. 

“I don’t want to go not when that traitor ruined everything.”  Donghae whimpered.

“Don’t be stupid Donghae c’mon I’m dragging you there whether you like it or not.  I know that you love that idiot but isn’t getting married part of that?  Accepting for him for what he is?”

“But, Kyuhyun I see him as my Prince Charming why can’t he see that?” His best friend burst out into tears. 

“I promise Donghae, Hyukjae might seem like the most cocky bastard out there but his self esteem isn’t what it should be.”  Kyuhyun said mussing Donghae’s hair.  “One day he’ll see himself how you see him.  But how can you be there to show him if you keep ignoring him like this?”

 “I guess.” The groom pouted.

“C’mon have a good time now and you can argue about it later okay?  Just have fun today is your day.”  Donghae nodded wiping his eyes as Hechul fussed over fixing his baby’s make up all Yesung could do is stare at Kyuhyun in shock of his maturity.  It was then that Yesung remembered why he had such a soft spot for Kyuhyun.  Dammit why did this jerk keep doing this to his heart. Maybe, it had something to do with that modernized Peter Pan outfit he was wearing.

Whatever it was Yesung wanted to find some hole and just die in it before he fell even more for that jerk head.


 

Author's Note

Oops sorry for not updating anything for like ages, I was on holiday and then a wird thing called a social life happened but I’m back!

Please read the prequel to this fic that my lovely princess twin is writing =>  The Lost Children  It'll help in explaining what goes on in this story and how complicated the past relationship between EunHae and KyuSung were. 

 

PS Yesung has a thing with wacking Kyu in the nose in my crack fics

PPS I’ll be writing a prequel too and in the next chapter I will write the list of the fics which don’t need to be read in order cause I hope you’ll have fun piecing the puzzles together.  There will be four stories in total and this is the last one.

PPPS The tone of Princess’s fic isn’t crack but there is an explanation for that in the 2nd and 3rd installments.

PPPPS  Thanks for sticking with this story