He's Coming, Right?

Take Me Away

She woke up from her sleep. A smile was curved against her lips. This is the day. She thought. She grabbed her phone, looking at the time. Oh, two more hours before he’s coming to take me away. Yes, she’s running away from home. With the love of her life. People had been telling them that it’s impossible for them to be together, even she was aware of that. But she loved him. It’s a fact and nothing could change it. Her heart, her soul, she devoted it all for him. All for him.

She got up from her bed just to check up her clothes in the bag. It’s all there. She’s ready. Ready to be with the one that she loves. She got into the bathroom, cleaning herself. While under the shower, she couldn’t stop smiling. She could imagine when they got married, living together in a house. She would stay home, cleaning the house, doing the chores before cooking while waiting for him to get back home from work. She could imagine as well when she got pregnant of their babies, he would be taking care of her gently, as he was, being careful with all of his actions, loving her to the fullest. When the kids grew up, she could tell how a good father he would be. That’s the dream. Growing old with him till the rest of their lives.

She walked out from the bathroom before getting on her clothes back. She knew that her family wasn’t home at the moment. Mom and dad would be working while her brother was still in the school. Perfect time for the escape. She looked at the mirror, smiling again to herself. I’m going to start a new life. She told herself over and over again. She took a deep breath before sitting on her bed, looking around her room. This is the last time I’d be here. I’ll be missing everything for sure. Sorry, mom. Sorry, dad. Sorry everyone. She mumbled at herself, tears dropping down her eyes without her knowing, before getting up again, grabbing her bag.

When she closed her room’s door, she was feeling determined again. This needs to be done. She walked down the stairs slowly, trying to remember every inch of the house. She didn’t know when she’s going to be here again. So she wanted to remember everything about it.

“Hyosung?”
 

Her mom’s voice shocked her, making her move to stop. Is she busted? She bit her lip before looking at her mom that was sitting at the couch in the living room. She knew she couldn’t stop. He’s waiting for her right now.

“Stop this please?” She could detect her mom’s voice was shaky, her face looks worried and sad. How did she know about this? She had been making sure that no one knows about it.

“Mom…Please don’t stop me. I love him. I just wanna be happy with him. Please..” She took a few steps back, the tears started dropping down from her eyes. She couldn’t stop right now and she didn’t want to.

“Baby, listen to me please.” Her mom said, getting up, walking to her.

She shook her head, all she could think at the moment was him. She needed him. She wanted him. No one was supposed to get in between. He’s her future.

“Mom. Please let me be with him. He’s all I want. I’m begging you.” She dropped down to her knees, she felt weak. Why is this so hard?

Her mom wrapped her arms around her and she wondered why it felt so warm. She never felt that her mom loves her but at the moment, she could feel her loves. She gave her a peck over the head, unexpectedly for her, she was sobbing with her as well.

“Hyosung, he’s not here anymore. Jongdae is not with us anymore. He’s dead.”

She widened her eyes, shaking her head, trying to push her mom away from her. No, that can’t be true right? She talked to her last night, she could still remember his sweet voice, whispering love words.

“That can’t be. No! He’s waiting for me! Let me go!” She started struggling, screaming out. Her mom’s sob was becoming louder as she tightening the hug, trying to hush her daughter.

“Remember the day when you’re supposed to get away with him? You guys got in the accident. He died right away and you were in comma for a week. And now that you woke up, you’ve been treating everyday like that day, baby. Please, wake up from your dream. He’s not with us anymore. Please baby. Stop torturing your own self. Please. For me. For yourself.”

She could feel her breath stopped at her mom’s words, she could feel her heart was being stabbed with a steely knife. All of the sudden, the memories of the day came into her head. She closed her eyes, she could see herself in his car, smiling and laughing with him, love in both of their eyes. Suddenly, there was a truck coming from in front of them, bumping into them. Her sight got darken before passing out from the memories.

In the dark, suddenly there was a light in the middle of it. She could see him there, smiling at her. She walked to it quickly, reaching out her hand for him to grab it but the light simmering down again and before she lost the sight of him, she could hear him saying those three precious words. She stopped walking, closing her eyes, knowing he’s out of her reach already. With a heavy heart, she whispered back, for him to know that he would always be the one.

I love you too.