An Interest

Gangster Princess

"Kai!" someone shouted. Him and Aeri quickly backed off eachother and snapped their heads to the direction of the voice. She coughed out of awkwardness as the others approached. "What?" Kai groaned. Sehun smirked as he responded," Nothing. We'll just leave now." He slowly backed off, not before throwing an exaggarated wink at them. The others did the same. Kai blushed before he glanced at Aeri. 

"Sorry. They're weird like that. Anyways, I'll walk you home." he said, while rubbing the back of his neck. She shook her head. "It's okay." she laughed. "I'll see you in the morning." she added before she turned around and walked away. "Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow." he broke into a smile. "Yes!" he whispered as he punched the air. 

------

It was finally morning and Aeri was nervous as hell. UGHUHUGUHGHUGH, she thought as she banged her head against the table. She came albit earlier than expected. She came at 6:25. And school started at 7:50. She was so nervous that she got ready super early in the morning and she forgot she woke up earlier, so she walked out the door and to school. I should've noticed the lack of cars..and people..and sunlight, she thought, groaning to herself. 

Her mind suddenly drifted to that ALMOST kiss with Kai, pondering about the what ifs. Does she even like him? If she did, is she going to keep lying to him about what she does in the middle of the night? She was so confused. This had never happened to her before, so what is a girl to do. Especially if that girl grew up around gangs, learned how to beat and kill a human, and not only that but also knows how to knock someone out without throwing a punch. 

Basically your average girl over here (sarcasm intended)

She started fiddling with her phone. "I should've downloaded some more games on here for situations like these." she thought aloud, noticing the lack of anything on her phone. She blew some fringe out of her face as she put her phone away. Aeri crossed her arms on the desk and buried her head inside. She slowly drifted off to sleep.

Just as she fell asleep, she missed hearing someone's footsteps just by a second. Kai slowly opened the door. Just like Aeri, he was too excited to meet her that he woke up too early. He wasn't as early as Aeri though. He arrived at 7:05. 

He broke into a grin when he saw her sleeping figure against the desk. He silently walked up to her and sat in the seat next to her. "Cute." he mumbled as he her hair. At the warmth of his palm, Aeri leaned closer towards him. She fluttered her eyes open before they widened at the sight of Kai.

She shot up from her position. "What are you doing here?" she asked, her eyes looking at everywhere but him. He chuckled at her. "I got a bit to excited to see you, so.." he trailed off. She snapped her gaze towards him, her cheeks flushing albeit. WHAT AM I DOING, she thought. 

Kai sent her a flirty wink as he pinched her pink cheeks. "You're so cute." he muttered, making her blush even more. Before she could retort, they heard footsteps, making them snap their gaze at the door. It was only Exo. She let out a small sigh of relief as more and more people piled in. 

----------

After school ended, Aeri rushed to her apartment, letting out a small groan. "Why the hell am I feeling this way?" she asked herself as she crashed onto her bed, not bothering to change into more comfortable clothing. She sat up and looked at her watch. 4:50 pm it read. She stood up from her bed and ruffled her hair, trying to straighten out her thoughts. "I need food. Or snickers. I mean, you're not you when you're hungry, right?" she chuckled at her own joke.

She changed into a baggy t-shirt and some basket ball shorts. She tied her hair in a messy ponytail as she went to her kitchen. "Time to cook." she said as she cracked her knuckles. She took out some ingredients and began to cook bimbambap (mixed rice+vegetables). 

She soon finished cooking and she, being her lazy self, just ate straight out of the pan she cooked it in. Her phone suddenly beeped, making her jump. She took another spoonful of food as she checked her phone. 

[TEXT-- to: Aeriplane]: want to go to the movies on saturday? -Kai

She choked on her food after she read the message. She put a hand to her chest to help her stop the coughing, but it didn't help. She mentally facepalmed at her own stupidness. She ran to the kitchen and gulped down a glass of water, letting out a few pants afterwards. She hesitantly replied. 

[TEXT--to: Kai]: sure -Aeriplane


author's note:

yes omg i updated yesss. after months and months of procrastinating, writers block, and inspiration for another story, i updated. if you read my newest story, you could see i wrote alot for it, making me abandon this one for a bit. SORRY AND DON"T KILL MEE. i know i kept saying 'i will update soon' only to never do it. i drafted this chapter for a bit, and i hesitated to publish it because it was too short, but what better than nothing right? i'll try to update I PROMISEE, but i'm busy studying for science olympiad and such, so it won't be as frequent as i used to.