Second Chance

Second Chance

“Kyu Hyun! Cho Kyu Hyun!!” I screamed.

 

“Shut up!” he yelled. “You’re not real! My Sung Min is dead!!’

 

“I know! I’m him! I’m an angel!”

 

“No… You’re dead!! My Sung Min is gone and I have nothing to live for!” Kyu Hyun downed the remainder of his beer and stumbled out of the bar into the grey world that no longer knows of Lee Sung Min.

 

“Listen to me, Kyu Hyun… If you don’t stop acting this way, you’re going to stay with Lucifer,” I said.

 

Kyu Hyun ignored me and trudged his feet to a boating dock, the dock where I died.

 

Kyu Hyun and I were happily splashing by the pier with each other. We’d been a couple for almost six years now. Today was the day he was going to propose to me. He rented a motor boat for us and we’d sail around the lake for the day and have dinner at a fancy waterside restaurant. But something went horribly wrong throughout the day.

 

As we sailed along the lake, I slipped and fell off the side of the railing. Kyu Hyun tried to jump in and save me, but the current was too strong. I ended up drowning. Til today, Kyu Hyun blames himself for my death, and he won’t forgive himself. That was my mission as an angel now. To make Kyu Hyun forgive himself.

 

Kyu Hyun shook his head to rid himself of the dizzying memories. “Kyu…” I said softly. “You need to forgive yourself.”

 

He shook his head.

 

“You have to! It’s a sin! You have to forgive yourself if you want to keep living!” I screamed at him.

 

“I can’t!” he yelled back. “I can never forgive myself! EVER! Let Lucifer drag me to hell! But I can’t forgive myself for letting you die.”

 

And just like that, Kyu Hyun sealed his fate. Before I could even move, not that if I did get to that it would make a difference, Kyu Hyun jumped off the pier. As he swirled into the soft waters, I watched the fiery hands of Lucifer grasp Kyu Hyun and pull him quickly down into the embers in the depths of the place that is forever feared and condemned.

 

I cried soft golden tears at the loss of my lover. I tried to help, but he ignored me. His fate was his own, sealed form the moment he watched me drown. I cried my jeweled tears for no reason. I couldn’t help him, like he couldn’t help me. We’re even now, but even that couldn’t ease my pain knowing Kyu Hyun’s punishment.

 

If only we had a second chance to change it all.