This cant be real.

Angel Barista

She is going to walk out the door on me again and I don’t even know her last name and have no way of contacting her except ordering coffee. "Annalysa wait!" I shout as I run after her. I didn’t even touch my coffee but I don’t care. She stops walking and waits for me. "You have done so much for me without asking for anything in return. I can't let you walk away from me again. Have dinner with me?" I ask her. She smiles at me so sweetly and kisses me on the lips. She tastes like chocolate and peppermint.

"I would love to. But how are you going to go to a restaurant when you are supposed to be sitting in contrition for your evil pot smoking ways? If you trust me enough to make you something that isn't coffee you can come home with me." Annalysa says to me with a voice as velvety as the chocolate she tastes like. She smells of coffee and feels like heaven in my arms. I was right she is an angel. An angel meant just for me.

She is full of surprises. Her house is above the coffee shop. "So are you the owner of this establishment?" I ask wondering why someone would choose to live and work in the same place otherwise. "No, it’s a complicated situation" she says smiling at me again with that secret smile she has. "This time you can talk and I will listen to you. I know nothing about you" I tell her tucking a stray hair behind her ear.

"I won this coffee shop in a lawsuit. The man was supposed to pay me for what he did to me and had no money so the court took his business. I do not want to run a coffee shop forever so I hired his ex-wife and am in the process of selling it to her. She is not responsible for her ex-husbands mistakes and she loves this place. I will be leaving soon." she says with a far off look. She may not know that she is trembling but I can see it. I want to hold her but I can see she is not ready for that yet.

There is pain there. The portions of this tale she is choosing to leave out have murdered her Mona Lisa smile. I want to see it rise from the ashes like a phoenix.  "Where are you going to go?" I ask afraid I have already lost her to her future. "I haven't decided. I just don't want to live in the memory of my personal tragedy anymore. I didn’t bring you up here to tell you my sad story. What would you like for dinner?" she says looking away from me. She never avoids looking at me but she is now.

"You also didn’t sit next to me the day I met you to have me pour my heart out but you sat and listened to me. When was the last time you let someone listen to what troubles you?" I ask her holding her pointed chin so she has no choice but to look at me. "I was date and left for dead 2 days after I watched my parents leave. They always sheltered me so I didn’t have experience with dating. I loved the freedom I gained when they left. If I would've paid closer attention to the lessons they tried to teach me I would have seen that for what he was. Instead I saw the mask he showed the world and he drugged me, me, beat me, and left me in a ditch." she says pain lacing every word.

I just held her as she cried. What else can I do? There is no outlet for this impotent rage I have inside of me for the pathetic excuse of a man who did this to her. "Before this happened to you, what were you going to do?" I can't change her past but I can help direct her future. "I am a certified interpreter. I was supposed to be working for YG entertainment but was dropped from my contract when I was recovering in the hospital. It took me a year to walk again and another 6 months to gain all my memories. After that I was in a legal battle so I never went back to interpreting."

"You are the interpreter who had to back out of my tour because of unexplained physical injuries! I remember that." I tried to visit her in the hospital but they would only admit family. I had to settle for sending flowers and a get well soon card. If only I had known this beautiful soul was on the other side of those hospital doors I would have fought harder to get in.

"I didn't think they told the artists who they would be working with. Yes that was me." She says looking puzzled. "I like to know all the people who work with me personally. You all play a very large part in the success of everything I do. I have to know who I am so thankful for at the close of each successful show and interview. You have helped me so much when I come to see you and never got anything in return for it. Let me help you." I ask her.

She looks like she is going to fix those pretty lips to tell me no. I hold her face in my hands and kiss the no away and replace it with the yes I want to hear. She kisses me back and I am drowning in a peppermint laced chocolate river. "Let’s make dinner together." I whisper as I turn her towards her small kitchen. We laugh and tease effortlessly for the rest of the evening. My terrible cooking skills giving us plenty to laugh about.

She has made my troubles seem inconsequential. I am just happy to see her smile return. "It's 1am and I should really be going." I came to the coffee shop in the early afternoon. Time just ran away with me. It’s like the heavens have different plans because no sooner than I utter those words to her the sky opens up and let’s loose a rainstorm to rival The Great Flood. She turns to look out the window and says "I don’t think anyone is going anywhere anytime soon. If you want you can stay here."

I don’t think spending the night in a 1 bedroom apartment with no couch to sleep on is a good idea when the bed partner I would have is as breathtaking as Annalysa. What choice do I have? There is a monsoon going on outside and I drove the Lamborghini which is no good in inclement weather. "I appreciate your hospitality" her responding smile is doing bad things to my blood pressure.

She just continues smiling while handing me towels and a very broken in pair of cami pants. "Those were my dad's so they should fit you. I am trying to find one of his old PT shirts but I have no idea where I put them." she says rumbling through a huge green trunk. She is so far in there all I can see is her beautifully rounded bubble and well-shaped legs. This shower is going to be a COLD one.

She comes out of the trunk waving a tee shirt like a victory flag. I take back my earlier comment, she can be cute. She can be downright adorable. Her bed is huge. Maybe I can get out of here in the morning without her thinking I am a deranged ert. As long as I keep to my side of the bed and she keeps to hers I think I can succeed in keeping my hands to myself. Maybe, I can. It’s possible.

I step out of the shower and my heart stops. She is at the bathroom sink in the shortest pair of shorts I have ever seen that say JUICY in bright purple bold letters across her . Her more than generous s are barely contained in a purple sports bra and her hair is spilling in waves across her shoulder. She has the iest tattoo I have ever seen. It is a dragon and its head is on her right shoulder blade while its body curves under her left and its tail wraps around her hips. I want to trace it with my tongue.

She is just brushing her teeth. There is nothing ual about brushing your teeth. But look how it makes her wiggle. GET YOURSELF TOGETHER! "Take a picture it will last you longer" she says smirking at me. When did she rinse out and turn to look at me. What is she staring at? HOLY IM ! I grab a towel faster than roaches scatter when the lights come on. She just smiles at me and walks out the bathroom like she didn’t just see my saluting her.

The rain is still pouring outside her windows making a melody all its own. She has incense burning and the lights are low. I know she is still here, there is nowhere she could go except the coffee shop. "Annalysa?" I call for her. Just then I can see her on the floor on the other side of the bed. The biggest hookah I have ever seen is in-between her legs and she is smoking what smells like an excellent grade of green. "After all you went through you probably don’t want to smoke this with me do you?" she says while blowing smoke out her nose like the dragon that graces her form.

"I would love to" I answer taking a seat behind her back so she can lean back and rest on me. The scent of coffee has been replaces with something earthy and spicy that reminds me of the time I visited India. I let the smoke fill my lungs, relax my body, and empty my mind. Turning to look at her I can see she is already in her own nirvana. She fits perfectly into my arms, in my life. Exhale.

 She breathes in the smoke from my lungs through her perfect lips and releases it off to the side of us taking my lips with hers. Euphoria is he soft touch of her lips on mine. "Goodnight Ji" she says against my lips as she raises herself from the floor with the same fluid grace I admired earlier. "Goodnight Angel" She crawls across her satin sheets and the cascading waves of her hair flow over the pillows.

I join her and she curls her body into mine. There goes all my plans to be a gentleman and keep my hands to myself. My arms circle her and it feels like they were meant to be there. I have never felt so comfortable in my life. Right before Morpheus claims me I hear her faintly whisper “you will be fine without me from now on. Don’t forget me". I want to ask her what she means but sleep has stolen the words from me.

"Hyung! Hyung, wake up!" Why is Seungri here? Why is he shaking me? I open my eyes and find my world makes no sense. The bedroom I fell asleep in is a burned out wreckage. I am on the floor covered in soot. Where am I? Where is Annalysa? "What’s going on?" Seungri looks so worried. "Hyung why are you sleeping in a burned out coffee shop? According to the police this place has been vacant for a year and is haunted!"

I get up and take a look outside and there sits my car exactly where I left it. I am in the same place but everything is different. WHAT IS GOING ON! "I just had coffee here yesterday. I have been coming here for a year!" I am screaming at him and I know that is just worrying him further but I HAVE BIGGER PROBLEMS! My angel is missing. Nothing makes sense and Annalysa is missing. “Where is Annalysa? She was here with me when I went to bed."

Everyone just stops talking. It’s like someone pressed the pause button on a movie. "Sir, what was the name you just said?" one of the cops asked me. "I said Annalysa, why? Do you know where she is?" I ask him grabbing his uniform shirt in my urgency. "Sir that is the name of the owner of this coffee shop who died in a fire started by the previous owners wife exactly one year ago yesterday." he informs me.

"You must have the wrong girl. I have been coming here and talking to Annalysa for a year. I’ve been here 8 times for goodness sake! You have to help me find her!" I say shaking him. "Sir is this the woman you are looking for?" another cop asks me showing a collection of pictures of Annalysa. Anna in her work uniform like I usually see her. They have a picture of her with her hair every way I have seen it styled. Anna in those shorts and that sports bra leaning over a sink purple and black hair cascading over her shoulder. Tattoo clearly visible.

"Yes that is her." I say my stomach sinking as I scroll through more photos. "That is the lady that died last year. You have been visiting a ghost." My world tilts and fades to black.