Hide and Seek

The Simple Calculation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoona

 

It has been thirty minutes since the math competition ended and Chanyeol was nowhere to be found. Where would a math whiz hide? I really need to get this interview over with. I decided to call Yixing, but the percentage was low.

 

2%

 

I’m going for it. I dialed his number and Yixing’s voice shot through the speaker. 

 

“Yoona, I’m kind of busy right now. I would appreciate it if you-”

 

“Yixing, have you seen Chanyeol,” I asked? “I really need to interview him for Mr. Cho. I swear, the guy is an expert at playing hide and seek. So, if you see him, please tell me.”

 

There was no answer. 

 

“Hello,” I shouted. There was no reply. I was this close to banging my head against something. I checked to see if I had any leftover battery. A shutting down symbol lit on the screen. Isn't it crazy how 2% can run out in a minute? I did a final run around backstage to see if Chanyeol happened to pop out at the last minute. Many teachers and parents were chatting away about how their child should’ve been given a second chance. Participants were giving each other encouragement and then there was me, running around playing hide and seek without Chanyeol even knowing about it. I checked the halls and I saw a group of students huddling. My hopes rose and I assumed that it was Chanyeol being surrounded by students. Nope, they were just people from Drama Club. I got impatient so I headed to the teacher’s lounge to meet up with my buddies from journalism.

 

 

“Are you sure he wasn't there? You could’ve at least tried to look harder. Yoona, we need this article published by the end of the week.” Mr. Cho yelled! Since I was as tall as him, our faces were about five inches apart and a storm of spit was raining on my face. I made an effort to hold back my anger.

 

“Mr. Cho, for the past thirty minutes, I went scavenging backstage and there was no sight of him. Yixing was no help and my phone died at the last minute so I couldn’t contact anyone. It was as if this guy was playing a secret game of hide and seek,” I patiently said. Seohyun and Tao were watching the scene while eating coffee cake leftovers from the fridge. God, can I be them? Why was I even assigned this assignment anyway? 

 

“In this club, we have duties to do and we have to commit to them. So far, you’re not trying hard enough. If you want to maintain your place in this club, I suggest you find Chanyeol and write some information down. Turn some of it in tomorrow. May I remind you that the article is due by the end of the week,” Mr. Cho blabbered on? I muttered an ugh and headed for the fridge. I was definitely craving for some coffee cake

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter