Drabble #3: Chocolate

[APPLY CLOSED] The Many Flavors of Love

 

Chocolate
[Jonghyun {C.N. Blue} x Phyllz {OC}]

I had gotten a text from one of my classmates at my school. One student, a popular student, was going to be holding an end-of-the-year party at their mansion. The whole senior class was invited, so I figured I might as well go. I wouldn’t be here for much longer anyway, so why not get some of the goodbyes out of the way when I was there. I got another text with the address and then she texted me, telling me it was a masked party. Now I need a mask? Fun! I just had to find one, and a pretty dress to go with it!

I ran up to my room to search for a dress and mask since I had about an hour and a half to get ready. My one close friend was going to pick me up and we’d head over to the party together. I wasn’t expecting much to happen at the party. At least, I didn’t want anything to happen. If something did happen it’d make it harder for me to leave when I had to. I decided to pick one of my low-key dresses and then pair it with a pair of really crazy-cute heels and an awesome, one-of-a-kind mask I owned.

At the thought of crazy and one-of-a-kind I immediately knew what to wear to this party. I smiled to myself and made my way upstairs to my room so I could get my outfit together. I came down after showering and getting dressed. I was wearing a pale gray dress that was formfitting from the neck to my hips. From the hips in got loose and flowy so that if I twirled it would bell out around me. The hem was at my mid-thigh and I had on a pair of opaque striped tights on underneath the dress. The dress also buttoned from the neck down the front all the way to where the fabric would bell out. I had it completely buttoned up and the neck came up like a turtleneck sweater. It was a no-sleeve dress and looked almost fairy-like on my lithe body. I had curled my hair after pulling it into a half-up half-down ponytail style so that the tendrils ran down my back like a cascading waterfall. I had a small amount of make-up on my face. I had some thick eyeliner on and a few coats of mascara but other than that not much. There was a thin layer of foundation on my face and a thin layer of a pale pink blush on my cheeks. I had also applied a nice deep magenta lip gloss to my lips and stared at myself in the one mirror on the main floor of my house. I held up the mask to my face and stared at the new girl who appeared in my place. She looked magical, like a fairy, and I knew this would be a one-time thing. I also made sure to get my heels out of the closet so I could put them on to complete my outfit. I grabbed my small clutch and put in my cellphone, camera, and house keys; along with some lip gloss and gum. I heard my friend beep her car’s horn and knew it was time to go. I walked out and to her car, stunning her into an unbelievable silence. I guess she didn’t think I’d try to look good?

“You look amazing Phyllis!!!” she gushed in awe. “I wish I looked that good.” I smiled at her and looked at her amazing outfit. She was in a skin tight black dress that shone with a metallic sheen. On her feet were a cute pair of comfortable heels, peep toes. And her mask was lying on the back seat.

“You look just as amazing!” I said to her. “You always look amazing!” We got to the party after a few minutes of comfortable silence and when I saw the large groups of students I suddenly started feeling really hesitant to go in. Maybe I should just head home. This doesn’t seem like my sort of scene. My face must’ve shown what I was thinking because my friend grabbed my wrist after we both got out of the car.

“There is no way that you aren’t going in there Phyllis!” she said quietly to me. “You are too gorgeous tonight to just turn away from this!” I looked at her in surprise. “And anyway Phyllis, aren’t you supposed to be going off to the Phillipines soon?” I remembered that and realized that this would be my last chance to see a lot of my close friends before I left for a couple months.

“Okay.” I replied, “I’ll go in.” I smiled brightly and put on my mask to give myself an air of mystery before heading to the entrance with my friend close behind me. After we headed into the mansion my friend left my side and I walked through the throngs of students who were dancing, if you could even call it that. I tried to stay close to the walls to keep myself safe from any wandering hands in the crowds. I made my way to the kitchen and saw a huge line of people who were waiting to get either in to the kitchen or the bathroom. I looked around and felt my head start to pound from the loud club music that was being played.

I stayed close to the wall and leaned the back of my head against it and closed my eyes, trying to will away what felt to be like a massive headache that was heading my way. I jumped when I felt someone place their hands on either side of me. I looked up to meet a pair of gorgeous deep brown eyes and a small yet chic smile. I blushed and turned away and felt a rush of air when the guy moved away. I watched him go and noticed that the line had gotten considerably smaller. Time to head to the kitchen. I’ll get myself some water and head outside. I need to get this headache to go away. I walked towards the kitchen with my small goals in mind and groaned mentally when I saw the large throng of people in the kitchen area. I’ll never get out of here this way! I pushed my way through some people and saw a small corner that seemed to be uninhabited by any of the students. I pushed for through the crowd and when I had a full bottle of cold water in my hands I pushed to the corner. I stood there and leaned my head back slowly, lazily closing my eyes and breathing deeply. Again I felt a rush of cold air and then it was gone. Though this time there was a hint of cologne that traveled with the air.

I sniffed at the air and turned my head to follow the scent. I opened my eyes slowly and noticed the same guy as before. He was turned away and I got a good look at him. He had deep black hair that was cropped at a nice length. Not extremely short or extremely long, it was cut to frame his face nicely and style well. I looked at his face and noticed there was a boyish quality to his face, his eyes, which caught me in a trance. I kept staring and he must’ve felt my gaze, because he turned my way and that chic smile returned to his lips, though the corners of his lips turned up more when our eyes connected. I smiled shyly and looked away then realized there was a chocolate fondue fountain standing between us.

My eyes widened in child-like glee and I heard him snicker from my happiness, though I couldn’t care less at that moment. My day needed some chocolate, and I would get it. I looked at the table to see cherries, apples, strawberries, pineapple pieces, graham crackers, and marshmallows on different plates. I swiped up a strawberry and held it to the pouring chocolate and then brought it to my mouth slowly. I closed my eyes in glee when I felt the chocolate covered strawberry hit my tongue and I sighed in contentment. My eyes popped open in surprise when I felt someone wrap their arms around my waist and pull me to them. I felt the person walk us closer to the chocolate fountain and let go slightly, though the person laid their head on my shoulder. I tried not to worry too much over who it could be, since I knew the majority of my graduating class well I knew nothing serious would really happen.

When I calmed down I saw the person reach out their hand to grab up a strawberry and dip it into the flowing chocolate. I watched as the hand pulled it back and I looked up over my shoulder to see him looking at me with his deep brown eyes. He held the strawberry to my lips and I parted them slowly while keeping eye contact with him. He placed the small strawberry in my mouth and I moaned subconsciously as I felt the chocolate melt in my mouth. I felt a chuckle rumble through his chest and travel through my body and felt a reaction I hadn’t felt in ages. He smiled slowly at me and then his eyes darted to the corner of my mouth. I looked at him curiously and noticed him leaning in towards me.

My eyes widened again and I started blushing at the intense look he shot me when I put my hand up to his chest to get him to stop moving. “I don’t even know your name.”

“It’s Jonghyun.” I looked at him in shock and watched as he slowly started leaning in again. His one hand sidled its way up my body and to my face where he grabbed my chin lightly to angle my face more towards him. Our eyes connected and I felt fire shoot through my body and settle in the pit of my stomach. Soon I felt his breath ghosting over my face and my eyes shot down to look at his lips for a second. I watched as his tongue darted out of his mouth to wet his lips and I groaned lowly in the back of my throat. I saw a small smirk settle on his lips and I looked up to see him watching me. I blushed and tried to turn when his hand tightened its hold on me.

“Jonghyun-oppa,” I whispered quietly. It settled on unhearing ears as he watched me shiver in his grasp. He moved his head till it was next to my ear and whispered silently, “I want my chocolate dessert now. You won’t keep it from me, right?” Then I felt him move away from my ear and back to staring at my face from right in front of me. I watched him as he moved in slow motion and I felt my eyes close as his tongue wiped away the remnants of chocolate from my lips. Then he moved over slightly more and gave me a sweet chocolate kiss.