✧✧✧

Returning Sunshine

"According to census, there are currently 10 million people living in Seoul alone, and 50 million people living in South Korea. How would you know if you've found the person that is meant to be for you?

You've probably seen her, but you ducked your head to tie your shoe.

You've probably been next to her, but you turned your head to look at the traffic lights.

You might have seen that person in front of you, if the bus didn't block your view.

There are people who are lucky enough to have found that special person they're meant to share the rest of their life with. There are people who are still searching, there are people who already gave up. 

But the worst case scenario you could ever come across, is when you've found that special person, and she's yours to keep, but you just let her go. Let her slip between your fingers."

Kyungsoo stares at the man in front of him who is listening intently to his little lecture. He notices the glint in his eyes, and he knew he got his attention.

"That's what we wanted to advertise to people. We want them to realize that, you have to give importance to everything you have, or you might end up losing them."

The man on the other side of the table removed his glasses and wiped the lens with a little cloth.

"Mr. Do Kyungsoo, you have seized my interest. And for that, I accept the partnership with your company."

The other people in the room erupted into cheers and Kyungsoo throws his fists up in the air, knowing he got what he wanted. He always got what he wanted.

After adjourning the meeting, he rushes off to his car. He checks out the time on his watch and almost loses his mind.

". I'm late." he muttered.

He tries to multitask, putting on his best coat while driving. He arrived at the church not long before, almost in time for the entourage.

He takes a good look at Chanyeol, waiting by the altar, and he looks at the other side of the aisle, meeting eyes with Baekhyun, looking more nervous than ever.

He smiles and as the song began, he saw the sheer joy that was plastered on their faces. It was definitely something money can't buy. He wished he could see someone smile like that to him as well.

"Now that Chanyeol's married, I guess the only bachelor in our group of friends is Kyungsoo!" Jongdae teases him during reception.

Kyungsoo ignores him and watched as Chanyeol took Baekhyun by the hand and lead him to the middle of the stage, and on cue, a romantic song started playing. He took note on how lovingly Chanyeol stared at Baekhyun, like he wasn't just staring at him, he was staring into his soul and purifying his heart.

"Yah! Do Kyungsoo! Snap out of it will you?" Jongdae pats him in the back, getting him back to his senses.

"Now that you're here, maybe it's time to find a bride for yourself!" Junmyeon joined in, high fiving with Jongdae.

"Don't push Kyungsoo into doing things he's not really ready for yet." Kris interrupts. "He probably still has feelings for one of his exes."

"Who? You mean Ryeowook?" Luhan asks, pitching in. Looks like today is bully Kyungsoo day.

"Nah, that guy was a teacher. It didn't even look like they were in a relationship, it looked like Ryeowook was babysitting our little Kyungsoo over here." Jongdae replies. The table erupts with laughter, but Kyungsoo doesn't react.

"How about Hyunsik?"

"The stewardess? If I would have known, that guy brings Kyungoo to heaven.... if you know what I'm saying." Jongdae hints, causing another round of laughter.

"But that one was always away, that's probably why it didn't work out." Junmyeon retorts.

"Wait, what about that other one. What was his name? Jo......" Luhan taps his chin, trying to recall.

"Ah! Jongin!" Junmyeon blurts out, and suddenly, Kyungsoo's mood changed, and the atmosphere turned cold.

"Why did you have to say his name out loud?" Luhan whispers angrily at Junmyeon. He bows his head in apology.

Kyungsoo noticed how his friends have gone uncomfortable and tries to break the ice.

"Ah, what are you guys talking about? I already forgot about Jongin......"

"But, he was your realest, right?" Junmyeon asks, earning a smack on the head from Kris.

"Yeah........ He probably is." he replied, reminiscing the memories him and Jongin once shared.

He remembered meeting Jongin on a speed date event, Jongin as the organizer and one of the photographers.

Kyungsoo didn't really want to join this speed dating thing. He was too busy with work to even think of being in a relationship.

"Come on, it'll be fun!" Chanyeol urged him, and before he could say no, he was dragged mercilessly, thanks to his small size and Chanyeol's ginormous arms.

When Kyungsoo locked gazes with Jongin, he immediately felt a connection. Although Jongin was constantly avoiding his gaze, he kept on staring at him, as if trying to call his attention.

All throughout the event, his eyes were fixated at Jongin, and he figured Jongin was that one he wanted.

Carefully leaving his table, he approaches an exhausted Jongin, sitting by the bar scrolling through the photos on his dslr.

He sneaks up beside him and starts to make a move.

"Hi."

"Uh.... Hi." Jongin replies, taken aback.

"My name's Kyungsoo. What's your name?"

"I'm Jongin, but umm, you see, I'm not really part of the event I'm just the organi---"

"I know that, I just want to know if you believe in love at first sight?" Kyungsoo clarifies, and he watched as Jongin's face turned five shades of red.

Jongin looks at him in disbelief, albeit red cheeks. "Uh.... no."

"Ah....." Kyungsoo replies and starts to walk away from him. Jongin sighed in relief.

"What about second sight?" Kyungsoo asks, appearing on his right, surprising Jongin. It made him chuckle, and Kyungsoo was so fascinated at how melodic Jongin's voice was to his ears.

"You know what, you won't probably get home tonight." Jongin says.

"What? Why?"

"Because you're already in my mind." Jongin replies, and Kyungsoo laughs, and they both laugh and talked the whole night.

And Kyungsoo never forgot him ever since.

Every day was an adventure with Jongin. He was fearless, he never backed down on anything. He remembered that time when they had a date, and it started raining. Kyungsoo was never one to play on the rain at 9 in the evening, but Jongin was pushy. Albeit dslr on his neck, he ran towards the empty street and danced.

Kyungsoo always took care of Jongin. He often has asthma attacks, and Kyungsoo is thankful he's present whenever an attack hits. He wants to make sure he's the only one who can take care of Jongin.

"Where are we going?"

"We're meeting my parents!" Jongin says excitedly as he pulled Kyungsoo. They rode a bus all the way to Daegu, Kyungsoo fussing about how he's not ready and how he didn't even get to dress properly for the occasion.

"Here they are!" Jongin says as he goes down the flight of stairs. Kyungsoo, who is sitting in the living room takes a deep breath and turns around to face Mr. and Mrs. Kim, but he locks gazes with Jongin holding two expensive looking jars.

"Here's dad and here's mom." Jongin says as he raises both the jars simultaneously. He has that big smile plastered on his face, and Kyungsoo found it endearing. He finds days with Jongin magical, and nights with Jongin enthralling.

Soon enough, he decides to live together with Jongin. The apartment was small, but it was bearable, because as long as he has Jongin, nothing else pretty much matters.

Days grew longer, nights grew shorter. Every day with Jongin feels like eternal bliss, waking up to his sleeping face gives him enough energy for the day.

He decided it was time to do the deed.

As the sun's rays seeps through the crack of the curtains, it hits Kyungsoo's eyes, causing him to wince and slowly open them. He stares at Jongin, sleeping soundly in front of him.

He took the time to study his face carefully; those eyes that captivated him into asking him out even though he wasn't part of the speed dating event, that nose that he always bites whenever Jongin loses in a game of 007 bbang, that gorgeous philtrum that accentuates perfectly with his lips, that sharp jawline Kyungsoo always kisses tenderly whenever they make out, and those lips, those plump lips that Kyungsoo always misses whenever Jongin's not around.

To him, Jongin was irresistible. He wanted him, and nothing else.

He watched as Jongin slowly opens his eyes, a yawn escaping from his lips. He looks at Kyungsoo and smiles.

"How long have you been staring at me?"

"Just a couple of seconds ago." Kyungsoo replies chicly, making Jongin smirk.

"Marry me." the words come out smoothly, and Jongin finds himself jerking fully awake, staring at Kyungsoo long and hard like he just dropped a curse word.

"What?"

Kyungsoo sits up and pulls Jongin along with him. Jongin feels his chest tighten, as if another asthma attack is about to come, but tries to control it. His asthma shouldn't ruin this moment.

Kyungsoo reaches onto the bedside table and grabs a pack of dental floss by the drawer. He cuts up a small piece and wraps it around Jongin ring finger.

"When I was young, I was forgetful. So my mom always tied a red ribbon on my finger, to remind me where my left hand and right hand is. And now, here I am, tying a ribbon on your finger, so that you won't forget that today, at this very moment, you're officially mine. That is, if you accept me."

Jongin looks at Kyungsoo, teary eyed. A sigh escapes his lips and he pulls Kyungsoo forward to a hug.

"Yes. Yes I will marry you, Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo gets back to his senses as he hears Chanyeol's voice calling out to him.

"Yo guys, we need you for the group picture!" he hollers, wrapping a protective arm around Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo sees this gesture and smiles, standing up to join the rest in front of the camera.

I ed up though."

~

Kyungsoo straightens his tie one last time and fidgets with his fingers. Chanyeol, who was next to him, notices this and nudges him.

"Can you like, calm down? It's not the end of the world. It's just your wedding."

Kyungsoo ignores him and kept fiddling with his fingers. Something at the back of his mind tells him this isn't going to end well.

The doors of the church opened magically, and there he was. Jongin, all clad up in a white suit, a black ribbon tie around his neck. He was all smiles, like always, and he looked excited as hell.

Kyungsoo wanted to see his smile, but he never wanted this. He never thought about this thoroughly. Ever since morning, he's been fidgety about this whole wedding thing.

He watched as Jongin slowly steps forward, a teary eyed Mrs. Do beside him. She looks over to Jongin, and gives a look that says "Take care of my Kyungsoo."

As Jongin reaches the end of the aisle, Mrs. Do gives out Jongin's hand toward Kyungsoo. His pupils were shaking. He didn't know what to do.

It was as if the world was spinning, but Kyungsoo just stayed in place. He felt sick in the stomach. He wasn't ready for this. His heart had taken over him, but his mind was unprepared.

His stomach churned as he slowly backs away from Jongin, running out of the church. As the sun hits his eyes, Kyungsoo wakes up, beads of sweat trickling down his forehead.

"It was all a dream...... A bad dream......."

Kyungsoo wipes the sweat on his neck and stands up to get a glass of water. He drank it like it was the only water left on earth, and as consciousness hits him, he almost drops the glass in his hand.

No. It wasn't a dream. It never was a dream. It was reality, and Kyungsoo knew he broke Jongin the moment he left him at the altar.

It has been three years. He doesn't know where Jongin is, or if he's still alive. He blamed Luhan and the others for making him remember Jongin.

The man he only loved truly.

Junmyeon noticed Kyungsoo's gloomy aura as the gang goes to the supermarket. EXO, as they liked to call themselves, have set up a mini grocery store and Mrs. Do made them run an errand.

"Dude, we're looking for peanuts. Not cabbages." Jongdae says as he notices Kyungsoo walking towards the vegetable section.

"Will you snap out of it?" Kris says, looking a bit annoyed. "This is all your fault Luhan!"

"What why me?!" Luhan looks at Kris angrily, but cowers up afterwards. Kris is a big guy, and you certainly do not wanna mess up with him.

"If you didn't bring up that person 2 days ago, he wouldn't be this closed off." Kris retorts, grabbing a carrot and smacking it on Luhan's forehead.

"All because Junmyeon brought up the bride thing." Luhan mutters, rubbing his aching forehead.

Kyungsoo ignores them and goes to the junk food section. He finds the peanuts, but stops midway as he sees something familiar.

Jongdae, who was behind him, didn't notice this and collided with him, along with Luhan, Kris and Junmyeon.

"What the hell ma--" Jongdae reacts, but Kyungsoo slaps a hand on his mouth.

"Shhh! Look!" he whispers and urges Jongdae to look at where he is looking.

The others looked as well and their eyes widened.

"Isn't that---" Kris started.

"JONGIN!" Junmyeon screams excitedly, as Kyungsoo and Jongdae topple to the ground.

The said person turns around and he locks gazes with Kyungsoo. He felt electricity run up his spine as he stares through Jongin's dark orbs.

The latter looks at him with a serious expression. Kyungsoo stands up and dusts his pants, gathering up all his courage before approaching him.

"Hello, Jongin. How.... How are you?"

Jongin looks at him throughly and furrows his eyebrows.

"Who are you?"

Kyungsoo's heart dropped. He must be joking right? Or maybe mocking him for what he did 3 years ago?

"I'm sorry, I got into an accident and had amnesia, I don't remember anything or anyone."

Jongin looked so serious, Kyungsoo was almost ready to believe him.

"I'm sorry I gotta go, bye!" Jongin bids farewell, that same dazzling smile on his face.

As Jongin walks away, Kyungsoo's body collapses on the ground, as if he had no control over it. The other guys ran up to him and asked him a bunch of questions, but Kyungsoo couldn't hear them all. All he hears right now is the shattering of his own heart.

"So you're telling me, Jongin forgot Kyungsoo?" Chanyeol asks unbelievably as they sat outside the mini grocery store's patio. Baekhyun was serving them snacks, looking worriedly at Kyungsoo occasionally.

"Not just Kyungsoo, he forgot everything! He said he has amnesia, and that he got into an accident?" Jongdae says, grabbing a donut on the table.

"Guys, I'm not saying this as a bad thing or anything, but what if he got into an accident on that day?" Junmyeon says, rubbing his chin.

"What day?" Luhan asks.

"You know....... their..... Wedding....." Junmyeon replies, masking the words with fake coughs.

An imaginary scenario flashes on Kyungsoo's mind as Junmyeon tells them about how Jongin had an accident.

"When Kyungsoo left, he probably ran outside to chase him. He didn't stop, he just ran and ran. He searched for Kyungsoo till the sun set. And then, it started to rain, and he couldn't take it anymore, so he runs towards the open road, and a speeding bus was driving towards him and bam!"

Kris throws a chip at Junmyeon's face. "That sounds ridiculous."

"Stop hitting people with food, duizhang!" Baekhyun scolds him, dusting the chip crumbs off Junmyeon's shirt.

"Umm..... guys?" Luhan tries to grab their attention. They all looked up to him. "I think you just gave Kyungsoo a heart attack."

And he point at Kyungsoo, and his eyes were big, like it was about to get out of its sockets. He was shaking badly, his hands formed into fists, and he was turning purple.

And that was how EXO sent Kyungsoo to the hospital that night.

~

"You what?!" Sehun erupts as he paces back and forth in front of Jongin.

"I don't know, I panicked! You do weird when you panic!" Jongin replies, rubbing his aching forehead.

"You're gonna get in big trouble for this, Kim Jongin. How are you gonna pull this off?"

"I don't know! But I can do it, just as long as I don't have to see Kyungsoo's face again."

Sehun shakes his head and sits next to Jongin.

"That guy must've really hurt you a whole lot for you to do this. But really? Pretend you have amnesia? You could've just said hello then walk away, or just run away as fast as you could!"

"Let's drop this conversation, Sehun. All I know is I know he won't ever see me again, and just the mere fact that he thinks I already forgot about him is a sign for him to just get out of my life."

Jongin sighs and places both of his hands on his face. The world really is small, and out of over 50 million people living in this country, he sees Kyungsoo again after 3 years. It could be anyone, his boss, his annoying neighbor, his most hated college classmate. But no, it had to be Kyungsoo.

Jongin's thoughts reel back to the time when he was at the happiest moment of his life. Only to be crushed when Kyungsoo started running away from the altar, away from the church, away from.... him.

He tried so hard to forget all the pain and suffering Kyungsoo caused, but even until now, that pain still hasn't gone away. And now, because of this stupid thing called fate, they meet again, and Jongin had no other option but to tell a lie.

A customer enters the photo studio and Jongin stands up to go to the front desk.

"Welcome to OhKim Studios, what can i help you with today?" Jongin asks, a fake smile plastered on his face.

"Hello, I'd like to ask for your photographers?" the woman replies.

"Ah, that would be me and Oh Sehun ssi over here." he points to Sehun. "Do you need an official photographer for one of your events?"

"Yes, actually I'm getting married in 2 months, and I've heard great reviews about your shop, so I'd like to hire you as my official photographers? Is that okay?"

Jongin's jaw clenched at the said word and he balls his fists from under the table, trying to calm himself down. Sehun notices this and pushes Jongin towards the office.

"We're really sorry, but Jongin doesn't do weddings, but I'd gladly do it for you, along with my other coworkers." Sehun politely says.

The woman looks at Sehun weirdly but agrees. When the lady left, Sehun goes to the back to check up on Jongin.

"Dude, you need to learn to have some self-composure. You can't just explode on people like that."

"That's why I tried keeping myself calm."

"Calm? You looked like a raging bull about to hit that woman in the face with your fist! Jongin, I know you're angry, but you can't be angry at the world."

Jongin looks up at Sehun, and he could see the torn expression on his face. He approaches Jongin and hugs him.

"Don't worry about it okay? Just as you've said, Kyungsoo won't have a chance of finding you or going back for you. And I'll do the wedding event. Just please, calm down?"

Jongin hugs him back and hums a yes. I'll try.....

~

Kyungsoo didn't know what he was doing, but right now he's standing outside OhKim Studios, fiddling with his fingers and trying to think of an excuse to not go inside.

Just a week ago, by some weird coincidence, Kris happens to find the place where Jongin's working. He also tried to have a conversation with him, and asked if he remembers anything about him, but Jongin didn't, as what Kyungsoo expected.

"How about this, since Jongin doesn't really remember anything anymore, why don't you pursue him again. I mean let's be real here, you still love him right?" Junmyeon suggested, which lead to this. Him standing in front of Jongin's workplace, not really sure about what he's about to do.

"You know what, how about we just--" he tries to reason, but the others pushed him forward and altogether they went inside, surprising the person on the front desk.

"O-oh, hi." the guy says as he looks at them weirdly. He recognizes Kris and his eyes widened.

"Hi, we're here for photography classes? Is the owner here?" Junmyeon asks, holding Kyungsoo tightly so he doesn't run off.

"Let me just..... call him okay?" the guy replies and runs toward the back of the shop.

"Ouch! Kim Junmyeon you !" Kyungsoo retorts as he tries to break free of his tight hold. "You're gonna break my wrists!" 

"It's a small price to pay for you and Jongin."

"Me? And..... him?" a voice resonates in the distance and all eyes turned toward a rather disgruntled Jongin, looking weirdly at Junmyeon, Kris and Chanyeol as they held Kyungsoo like a pig about to be roasted.

"He meant...... for his photography lessons! Yeah! Cause you know, Kyungsoo wanted to learn more about photography these days, right Kyungsoo?" Luhan nudges him. Kyungsoo ignores them and looks away in embarrassment.

Jongin doesn't seem to mind as he lets them inside the studio and asks them to do a couple of poses. Kyungsoo watches him the whole time and admires his focus on his work, and how he's still so wonderful and precious to his eyes. He hadn't changed a bit, he's still gorgeous as ever.

"Hey! Kyungsoo!" Jongin calls him, and he snaps back into reality.

"Yes?"

"Could you uh....... the light? Could you please turn the light a bit? You seem to have bumped into it a while ago."

Kyungsoo obeys and after a few more shots, he musters up the courage to approach Jongin.

"So, how long have you been working here?" he asks. He notices Jongin backing away from him a bit, and figured he must have been on a dangerous distance towards him.

"About 6 months already. It's really fun and I love it that I get to enjoy what I love doing...... How about you, what's your...uh.... work?"

"Advertising. You probably already knew that before..... you know......"

"You know what? I don't really remember who you are.... Must be one of my college friends?" Jongin asks, and Kyungsoo freezes. 

Should I tell him the truth? Should I tell him a lie?

"Yeah..... I'm one of your friends, along with Luhan, Junmyeon, Kris, Chanyeol and Jongdae."

Stupid, coward Do Kyungsoo.

"Oh..... You must have been pretty nice to me back then? Because you're all pretty nice right now, although a little bit rowdy." he chuckles and points to the others who are in the process of hitting plushies at each other's face.

"Yeah...... probably......" Kyungsoo sulks. All of them have been nice to you..... Except me.

"You still look cheerful and gorgeous as always, Jongin....." Kyungsoo blurts out and mentally scolds himself afterwards.

Jongin looks at him in wonder and chuckles as he shakes his head.

"Thank you for the compliment? Well how about this, we'll call you when everything's ready and just come here okay?"

"Yeah, sure that'd be great. Thank you for the wonderful accommodation, Jongin. I'm sorry my friends have been a little...... misbehaved today."

Kyungsoo runs towards the others and pushes them outside, waving their hands towards Jongin's direction as they walked away from the studio.

"See you again soon, Jongin,"

~

"What are you gonna do about that now?! Huh? Jongin, I'm telling you, what you're about to do right now......." Sehun was at loss for words. He knew this day would come, but he didn't think it was too soon.

"Calm down! I have everything planned. I'll make him feel what I felt before. Trust me on this." Jongin says calmly and goes back to cleaning the lenses.

After a few days of deciding whether to accept Kyungsoo as his student, Jongin makes up his mind and calls him, his hands shaky. After a few minutes, Kyungsoo's car horn honks outside their shop, and Jongin takes a deep breath before carrying the equipment outside.

"Where are we going for today?" Kyungsoo enthusiastically asks as he puts the equipment at the trunk of his car.

"Well, I have this shoot with a magazine on Apgujeong, and I'm so glad you have a car because it would be really hard for us to take the bus while carrying all these things." Jongin replies and looks over to Sehun, who still looks unsure of this whole plan.

"Well, I'd gladly do anything for you, Jongin." Kyungsoo says, his heart shaped smile appearing. Jongin almost let his guard down when he saw that. He hasn't seen that in years, and that smile was what made him fall in love with Kyungsoo.

He shakes those thoughts out of his head and walks briskly towards the backseat, hitting Kyungsoo's face with one of the camera stands. Kyungsoo falls down on the ground and massages his aching forehead.

"Hey are you okay?" Sehun comes up to him and helps him stand up, then eyes Jongin.

"Oops, sorry we're really late, we need to get going now. Let's go let's go come on!"

"You need to say sorry." Sehun whispers as they drove towards the location.

"Why should I? He never said that when he left me all alone at the altar like a fool." he whispers back and turns away. Sehun shakes his head at Jongin's ridiculousness.

~

Kyungsoo watched as girls clad in bikinis and guys with big bulky arms wearing board shorts clamor in front of him, fixing their makeup and stuff.

"You never told me it was a summer themed shoot," he whispers to Jongin.

"Well, why do I need to tell you? You're just a student, right?"

Kyungsoo looks at him, wondering why he looks so annoyed. Jongin chuckles and hits him in the shoulder.

"I'm just joking. We need more oil for the guys, can you please please buy some?"

How can you say no to someone this cute?

"Sure! Just tell me everything and I'll do it." he replies and runs off towards the elevator. A few minutes and 28 floors later, he's back, holding a large bottle of oil.

"Kyungsoo! We need more umbrellas! Is it okay for you to buy 3 more?"

"Ah, it’s fine don't worry."

"Kyungsoo! We need more of these sunflower windmills!"

"Kyungsoo! Please blow on them?"

"Kyungsoo? Food?"

"Kyungsoo?"

"Kyungsoo!"

"Kyungsoo!"

Kyungsoo found himself collapsing on a corner. He was too darn tired to even move, so he just lies down and feels the cold tiles on his cheek. Jongin had been ordering him around nonstop today, and he was happy enough to have help him with his shoot.

As long as I get to spend time with him, anything's fine with me.

"Kyungsoo!" and once again, his ears perk up and he immediately strides towards Jongin's direction.

"Yes?"

"We're short of 1 model, maybe you can try and model here? Just you know, we'll just check."

Although unsure, Kyungsoo agrees, and after a while, he finds himself standing between bulky men clad in oil and board shorts.

"Jongin? What is this?! Are you trying to make my magazine look like a joke? He's not even fit to be with these guys! Look at how scrawny he is! He doesn't even have abs! Get him out of there!" a woman shoots fire out of like a dragon.

Jongin looks over to Kyungsoo apologetically and asks him to get out of the shot. Kyungsoo, already tired from today's work, feels sad for some reason. All those things the woman said was true, he really is scrawny, but he thought Jongin would defend him. Instead, he pushed him away.

Kyungsoo realizes how dumb he is and why he's doing these things. But then he realizes how much he hurt Jongin in the past.

This is nothing compared to the pain I've caused him. I should man up a little.

The shoot lasted till midnight, and Kyungsoo unconsciously falls asleep, so it was a great shock to him when he woke up and found himself all alone in the room.

"What the............. they......... left me?" he tries to process it while rubbing his eyes.

~

Jongin chuckles for the fourth time as he prepares breakfast that morning. He was so sure his plan will work now, and Kyungsoo would probably stop pestering him.

"Stop laughing like an idiot every 10 minutes you're creeping me out." Sehun scolds him and puts an egg on top of his toast.

"I just laugh at how stupid Kyungsoo is, I never thought he'd be this stupid."

"You know you're really rude, leaving him sleeping alone on that place. Don't you think you're taking this too far?"

"Nothing is ever too far to me, especially with what he did to me. Do I need to remind it to you every single time?"

"Well I just hope you wake up one day and tell him the truth, and just tell him to get the hell away from you. You can't admit it but you're afraid of telling him you really don't have amnesia."

"Yah Oh Sehun!" Jongin screams and throws a napkin in his direction. 

As if on cue, the doorbell rang, and Sehun stood up to get it. Jongin hears the door opening and an "oh my god" and immediately rushes toward the front door.

My, my speak of the devil.

"Good Morning Sehun, good morning Jongin." Kyungsoo says with his cheerful voice, like he was never left alone sleeping like a beggar on a building in apgujeong.

"He.....llo? What are you doing here?" Jongin asks warily, a bit annoyed at the fact that Kyungsoo doesn't know when to stop. Can't he take a hint?

"You seem to have forgotten something from yesterday's shoot."

"What?"

"Uh....... me." Kyungsoo points to himself and chuckles nervously. Jongin furrows his brows a bit.

"O-oh really? Sorryyyy! We probably didn't notice it because we're too busy with the shoot."

The phone rang and Sehun excused himself to pick it up. Jongin fiddles with his fingers nervously as he's left alone with Kyungsoo.

"So..... Are you free today? Maybe we could grab some breakfast." Kyungsoo asked.

"Actually, Sehun and I just had breakfast." Jongin retorts as an excuse.

"Oh...... then how about lunch?"

Jongin mentally slaps his forehead.  can't take a hint.

"We're gonna be busy the whole day. Sorry."

"Hey, Mrs. Kim called she needs our help right now and it's urgent, but I gotta finish on the prints for Sunhee's debut pictures. Can you do it for me Jongin?" Sehun says, appearing after a few minutes.

"Uh....."

"I can help if you want!" Kyungsoo volunteers, that stupid wide grin displayed on his face once again.

"I don't know........"

"Come on Jongin stop the jibber jabber you're needed there in 30 minutes!" Sehun says frantically and pushes Jongin, making him fall towards Kyungsoo.

His heart beat accelerates as he feels Kyungsoo's chest dangerously near his face. He tries to move, but couldn't, so Kyungsoo gently pushed him to make him stand right back up. He turns to Sehun and gives him a spine tingling glare, of which Sehun smirks.

And that is how Jongin found himself sitting on the shotgun seat of Kyungsoo's car that day, listening to worthless love songs on the radio.

Jongin hates love songs. He hated the idea of love in general. With everything that happened, he found it hard to believe in what they called the most powerful thing in the world.

A certain song started playing in the radio, which made the tension thick inside the cramped car. Jongin watched as Kyungsoo nervously held onto the steering wheel, trying so hard not to glance at his direction.

How long will I love you?

As long as stars are above you....

And longer if I can......

Jongin tried to distract himself, looking outside, although almost immediately he felt tears starting to well up his eyes. This was the song that means the most to him back then, and this song was playing on the day of their wedding.

How long will I need you?

As long as the seasons need to follow their plan....

How long will I be with you?

As long as the sea is bound to wash up on the sand....

"This song's pretty nice isn't it?" Kyungsoo tried to start a conversation. Jongin nods, still staring by the window, back facing Kyungsoo. He's afraid that if he sees Kyungsoo's face, he'd burst into tears, and he doesn't want that, he wants to move on and take revenge and not look like he's weak.

"Do you remember this song? Any recognition?" Kyungsoo starts again. Jongin's about to explode in anger, but he tries to keep calm.

How long will I want you?

As long as you want me too

And longer by far......

How long will I hold you?

As long as your father told you

As long as you can......

"No, I'm afraid not. That's just a really cheesy love song, and I hate love songs. How about we change the channel?" Jongin says as he reaches over to change the channel. A party tune reverberates and Jongin heaves a sigh of relief.

He doesn't catch the look of disappointment in Kyungsoo's eyes.

~

They arrived in the park, and Kyungsoo volunteers to carry all the equipment, to which Jongin didn't comment on and continued walking.

He furrows his eyebrows. A sour feeling was still lying at the pit of his stomach, and he feels mad that Jongin couldn't even remember that song.

That one song that he always sings to him at night, whenever the thunders roar and Jongin couldn't sleep because he's deathly afraid of thunderstorms.

That song he always sings to cheer Jongin up when he had a tough day at work.

That song he sang as he proposed to him, and the song he considers a musical number version of Jongin. 

That song wasn't just any song. It was Jongin and Kyungsoo's life.

When they arrived at the place, Kyungsoo was surprised to see an old couple wearing traditional hanbok, along with what seems to be their grandchildren and children all dressed up in gowns and suits.

"Are you Kim Jongin, our photographer?" one girl approaches Jongin, and he nods.

"What are we...... supposed to be shooting for today?"

"Ah, it's my parents' 60th wedding anniversary and we wanted to treasure it by having a portrait of all of us, together with their grandchildren and great grandchildren." the lady replies.

Kyungsoo stares long and hard at Jongin's shocked face, and he could see he was gritting his teeth.

"Jongin are you oka--" he says as he pats Jongin's back, but to his surprise, Jongin pushes his hand away.

"Yeah I'm fine, let's start with the pictorial." he retorts and walks off, a smile plastered on his face as he greets the old couple.

Kyungsoo observes Jongin's stiff movements as he took some shots of the couple and the couple with all the family members. The sour feeling in his gut has turned into that of pity, and he feels bad, he feels bad that Jongin looks like he feels bad.

He doesn't know why, but he feels that the pain Jongin felt when Kyungsoo left him all alone standing in the altar was still there, buried beneath the deep cavity of his heart, and even if he forgot everything, that pain will always stay.

At their 10 minute break, Kyungsoo tried to give Jongin a towel since he was sweating a little, but he brushed it off and didn't even look at him, walking pass him like he was invisible. All throughout the shoot, Jongin was ignoring Kyungsoo, and he overheard Jongin talking on the phone with Sehun, and comlplaining why Sehun never told him it was gonna be a wedding shoot.

The shoot ended and as if on cue, rain started pouring heavily.

"Yah Jongin! Put this on top of your head you might get sick!" Kyungsoo runs toward Jongin and places the reflector on top of his head. 

Jongin pushes it away. "No I'm fine."

"No it's not fine just use to protect yourself from the rain."

"I said I'm fine!" he shouts and walks briskly away from Kyungsoo, surprising the small male.

He gives up and just instructs him to stay on a nearby umbrella table.

"Just stay in one of those umbrella tables, the rain's pouring too hard and if you don't care about your health at least care about the cameras."

Jongin gives up and sits by the table, farther from Kyungsoo as possible. Kyungsoo watches as he dusts the water off his bare arms and comb his almost wet hair using his fingers. He grabs a handkerchief in his pocket and offers it to him.

"Here, use it to dry yourself."

"No need." Jongin says seriously as he pushes his hand away once again. It was starting to irk Kyungsoo.

"Did I do something?" he bravely asks. "You looked kinda...... pissed at me."

Jongin turns to him, a small smile plastered on his face. He stares at Kyungsoo for the longest time and shakes his head.

"No. I was just reminded of the story one of my friends told me."

"About what?"

"He told me that I was supposed to get married before." Jongin stated, staring intently into Kyungsoo's eyes.

Kyungsoo jolts and looks away in nervousness. He couldn't see it, but he knows Jongin is still staring at him, boring holes on his bowed head.

"And then?"

"But the person I was supposed to be married with, he left me at the altar."

"Did your friend told you who that person was?" Kyungsoo asked again. He kept hitting himself mentally for asking these ridiculous questions.

"Beats me. They didn't bother telling me. I might end up killing him."

"Any....... name? Pictures? Nothing?"

"None. They burned everything so I wouldn't have to remember. Weird huh? What kind of person would do that? To think he knew I had no family.... That I prayed so long to find someone who'll be with me forever."

Jongin's voice cracks and Kyungsoo glances up to find him wiping away tears that have started to fall down his cheeks.

"They told me....... I was so happy that day....... It was a bright and sunny day, and everything was so magical....... I was a glowing bride, to a perfect groom. In a perfect wedding. But I was wrong. After the guy ran off..... They said I just hid behind the altar. And that's where I kept crying and crying....... They kept urging me to go home, but I said I didn't want to, I said I wanted to stay there, because maybe, just maybe, he'd come back. I told them 'he'll be back...... He can't do this to me.' But I was wrong again."

Kyungsoo turns away to hide the tears that have now freely fallen from his own face. He never thought...... that one mistake he made would bring so much pain to the person he loves the most.

"It's a good thing I got into an accident! I mean look at me now, I already had amnesia, yet it's still really...... painful..... Let me ask you, why do you think he did that? Why do you think he left me? You told me I seem cheerful, you told me I'm gorgeous. I'm nice..... So why did he still leave me?"

"Maybe..... He was afraid." Kyungsoo replies, trying not to let his voice crack. 

"Bull. That's it?!" Jongin's voice raises an octave higher, making Kyungsoo even more nervous.

"Maybe...... he thought he was rushing into things."

"What a jerk! Then why did he bother proposing to me?!"

"Maybe he has his own reasons. Even I would be afraid."

"Of what?"

"Of...... you?"

"Of me? So it's my fault?!"

"No, he was afraid for you...... That he would hurt you more if he pushed through with it......"

"That's bull! Why, does he think I'm not hurting now?"

"Maybe...... he had a lot of questions back then..... What if everything would be about the two of you, that he would lose himself...... That if he said yes then, what if he won't be able to commit to his promises?"

"Did he find his answers?! Did he?"

Kyungsoo looks at Jongin, at his angry, tear stained face, and shakes his head.

"He realized it was harder for him after he lost you."

Jongin's eyes softened, and he wipes the tears away.

"Jongin, I'm sure that wherever that person is now....... He's regretting that he lost you. That he hurt you. But...... If he was standing in front of you now, I'm sure he would only ask you for one thing. And that's to forgive him for all his mistakes." I'm sorry that I've been such a coward......

Jongin and Kyungsoo just sat there, crying and looking into each other’s eyes. Nothing was heard except the pitterpatter of the raindrops on the umbrella above them, and the occasional roar of thunder. Jongin starts to heave, first slowly, then it became continuous, and it freaked Kyungsoo out because he knew Jongin was having another asthma attack. 

Without a word, he rummages through his backpack and searches for his inhaler, immediately putting it on his mouth afterwards. Jongin heaves in pain and clutches onto Kyungsoo's hand, eventually leaning down on him, still sobbing like crazy.

Kyungsoo hugs him tight, a signal that says I love you, I'm sorry, Now that I found you, I won't let you go again.

After a while, Jongin starts to breath normally again, and he pushes Kyungsoo away, wiping the tear stains left on his cheeks and fixing his disgruntled self, even though the tears never stopped pouring. Kyungsoo's heart felt like it shattered over and over again with every tear drop that fell from Jongin's eyes.

Jongin, if only I could ease the pain I caused you with my embrace, I'd have you in my arms until you're healed from it all.....

~

"Serves him right! I'm sure his conscience is eating him up right now!" Sehun hollers as he runs down the stairs. "You were right to tell him how bad of a person he is. You should've rubbed it in more! When he told you he was sorry? That he was a coward? You should've punched him in the face!"

He sits next to Jongin on the sofa and notices he was staring into space. He didn't even comment on Sehun's mini sermon, which pissed him off a bit.

"Yah, Jongin? I think you're the one who needs a punch in the face."

He nudges Jongin and he snaps back to reality, looking over to Sehun who had a fascinated expression. He stares down to his phone and notices he has been pressing the letter K too long that it left rows and rows of KKKKKKKs in the message box. He ignores Sehun and stands up to go to the kitchen.

"I can see something in your eyes, Jongin." Sehun says as he catches up to Jongin's fast strides. "Tell me, what's that? Look at me! What's that I see?"

"Anger!" Jongin retorts, the pitch of his voice an octave higher. Sehun rolls his eyes.

"Wrong answer!"

"What am I supposed to feel?"

"Well..... You shouldn't be feeling anything! Because the fact that you're still angry means that there's still love in there!"

Jongin frowns. "You sound ridiculous. I don't. I don't."

"Hmmm..... Okay......" Sehun agrees, although his voice sounds unsure and leaves Jongin alone in the kitchen.

"I don't........" Jongin says one last time, just to try to convince himself that really, all his feelings for Kyungsoo are long gone.

~

"Dudes, you know what? Life would be easier if we were just cars whose sins can be washed away." Jongdae says as he and EXO hang out on a nearby carwash, watching Kyungsoo's car as it was being cleaned.

"What do you call that? Manwash?" Junmyeon replies, making everyone laugh except Kyungsoo.

"Hey, Kyungsoo." Jongdae says, shaking a dazed Kyungsoo. He rubs his eyes and sighs.

"It's just different when you hear it straight from him. I used to think I was just a bad person...... Now I feel like a monster." Kyungsoo says as he continued to stare into space.

"Take it easy man. You might self-destruct." Chanyeol says.

"This is why I don't want to fall in love." Luhan says as he puts his hands at the back of his head and leans on it.

"Of course, true love is only meant for the brave." Chanyeol declares, earning a glare from Luhan.

"Are you telling me I'm a coward?"

Kris and Junmyeon looked at each other, then at Luhan. "Yes!" they chorused, and everyone exploded into peals of laughter. Again, except Kyungsoo.

"You guys are mean." Luhan pretends to look offended, but smiles afterwards.

"Let me show you what true love is all about. Here. In 3...... 2...... 1..... 2..... 3!"

"Chanyeol!" Baekhyun walks over to them with snacks on a tray.

"Right on cue. Hi honey!" Chanyeol says as he kisses Baekhyun's cheek and lets him sit beside him.

"I made some cookies!" Baekhyun enthusiastically puts them down on the table.

"Again?" Chanyeol looks at him in a non-offending way.

"Why, are you tired of this?" Baekhyun pouts and does his infamous aegyo, making the others gag.

"Of course not! This is my favorite! I love your cookies. You should serve it on my funeral!"

The others laugh at Chanyeol's lame joke, and Kyungsoo couldn't help but chuckle at bit.

"See that is what you call brave!" Luhan said as he points at Chanyeol and Baekhyun. Chanyeol raises his hand and gives Luhan a high five.

"I just want to see her smile again....." Kyungsoo said to no one in particular.

The others looked at him in pity. They don't know how badly Kyungsoo feels right now, but judging from the way he looks, he must've been through a lot.

"I just want to tell him..... to not cry anymore. That not everyone is like me...... I want him to believe that someone has the capacity to love him, who will not leave him or betray him, or ever make him cry."

"What if that person isn't you?" Junmyeon asks.

"Ouch." Kyungsoo says as he turns to Junmyeon. "But I can take care of myself. What's important is him, he shouldn't close doors on loving again."

Luhan pats him in the back. "I love you bro." he says and leans his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder.

~

Jongin runs down frantically with his camera equipment in both hands and is greeted by Sehun who's almost ready to go out.

"Oh dear, thought you'd never wake up. There's some breakfast here come eat." he points at the eggs on the table and continues cleaning his camera lens.

"Sorry I was late." Jongin says as he runs to every corner of the house, trying to find his house keys, wallet, cellphone, etc.

"Looks like someone's missing this morning......" Sehun teases, and Jongin stops running around to look at him. "Looks like someone has given up." he continues, smirking at Jongin.

"Good for him." Jongin replies, and as if on cue, the doorbell rings.

"Speak of the devil." Sehun says as he stands up and walks toward the front door. Jongin walks towards the kitchen, but peeks just to make sure it was really Kyungsoo.

Turns out, it was the neighbor complaining about how Sehun's and Jongin's bills keep ending up in front of their door.

Jongin felt like something inside of him dropped when he saw it wasn't Kyungsoo on the front door, but he ignores that stupid feeling and continues to get ready for the day.

But throughout the day, Kyungsoo didn't show up, and Jongin gets so annoyed when he hears the chimes of the shop's front door and checks hurriedly to see if Kyungsoo already arrived, only to be disappointed in the end.

He doesn't even know why he feels disappointed. He missed how annoying Kyungsoo was and how he didn't know anything about personal spaces. It's pissing him off.

To think today was his birthday. How could Kyungsoo forget his birthday when they were born a day apart from each other? That's just rude.

"You know, only two things can spoil a birthday. Either you end up being with the person you hate the most, or you don't get to be with the one you like the most." Sehun says as he gives him another annoying smirk. Jongin throws a balled up paper at his face and focuses back on his edits.

"Stop talking nonsense and let's get going. Zitao please finish these edits while we're away thank you!" 

Upon arriving at the place for their photoshoot, Jongin was in awe of how big it was. It looked like a magical forest, filled with trees and flowers and wonderful velvet curtain hanging from the branches of trees above them.

"Wow this place looks awesome." Sehun whistles as he marvels at how enchanting the place looked.

"Are there two birthday parties? Which one is ours?" Jongin asked, seeing two sets of tables and chairs on each side of the walkway.

"Must be a big celebration!" Sehun replies, looking jittery and excited.

They decided to walk towards a spiral stairway leading to one of the venues. It had balloons and small chairs and party hats placed on the small tables.

"Wait...... isn't this a children's party?" Jongin asked, furrowing his brows.

"Mr. Byun didn't mention it would be a children's party, she just said it was a birthday party...."

"Where's Mr. Byun anyway?" Jongin was starting to get a little bit excited, seeing all the balloons on the floor and cute decorations all over the place.

"Looks like we're early?" Sehun guessed, looking around for everybody else. The venue was so quiet and empty, it looked like they were the first ones to arrive.

Suddenly, party poppers were heard and a bunch of people came out of hiding, surprising both Sehun and Jongin.

"Surprise!"

Jongin's smile drops when he sees familiar faces. Kris, Chanyeol, Jongdae, Luhan and Junmyeon, as well as Kyungsoo's mother, whom he loved the most and treated like his own mother. He also saw an unfamiliar male who had his arms wrapped around Chanyeol's torso. They were all waving at him, smiles plastered on their faces.

"Hi, Jongin." someone from behind says in his familiar lyrical voice. Jongin turns around and sees Kyungsoo in a plaid shirt, suspenders and a party hat on top of his head.

"I can never seem to ask you out for lunch or dinner, so I decided to leave you with no choice and book your entire day." he continued.

Jongin felt tears welling up again and he feels angry for some reason, how he couldn't control his emotions whenever he sees Kyungsoo.

"Let's go Sehun." he firmly says and starts walking away.

"Wait, I paid for this, you can't just leave!" Kyungsoo says, blocking their path. Jongin looks over to Sehun and sees him smiling while staring at him and Kyungsoo.

"Besides, they've been waiting here for some time." Kyungsoo gestures at the others. "And so have I......"

"But I didn't tell you to wait for me."

"Why does a person wait for someone?" Kyungsoo says, a smile on his face, and Jongin clearly remembered the time when he first asked this question.

"Because he escaped from prison?" he replied, copying what Kyungsoo had answered 3 years ago.

"No. Because you like him."

Jongin stares at him for the longest time, and even though there was so much hatred and pain and anguish in his heart, he can't seem to be angry at Kyungsoo right now. And he doesn't know why.

"Jongin, 25 years of your life were erased when that guy left you. I just want to bring back everything he took away."

"Such as?"

Kyungsoo gestured on his face using his lips, which made Jongin feel uncomfortable. A kiss?

"Your smile." and with that, he felt a little bit at ease. Actually, Jongin felt like smiling a bit. He admired Kyungsoo's effort, he didn't think he'd go this far.

"Hi Jongin!" the unfamiliar male greets him as he puts a party hat on his head. "I'm Mr. Byun, I'm Chanyeol's wife..... or rather husband, since I'm a boy."

Jongin looks over to Chanyeol and sees his familiar toothy grin, and Chanyeol waves his hands at Jongin excitedly. Typical hyperactive Chanyeol.

Kyungsoo holds out a cake with a single lit candle on top.

"Happy first birthday, Jongin." he declares and waits for him to blow the candle.

"First. Really." he says in an amused tone and blows the candle. The crowd cheers and erupted into a chorus of happy birthdays and party poppers.

Jongin couldn't help but chuckle, imagining how ridiculous he must have look, and it didn't escape from Kyungsoo's eyes.

"Just pretend we had the power to time travel....... We'll go back to your first year. We'll replace all the memories that you lost. From this moment on, all your memories are new..... Happy...... Whole......"

Everyone approached Jongin while holding a cake with a designated number of candles indicating how old Jongin was supposed to be.

"Hi Jongin! I'm your Do eomma! I'm Kyungsoo's mother. Happy 2nd Birthday!"

"Hi Jongin! I'm Kris, the coolest guy in all of Kyungsoo's friends. Happy 3rd Birthday!"

"Hi Jongin! I'm Chanyeol! I'm your happy virus!"

"Hi Jongin! I'm Luhan! Just wondering who's that cute guy with you?'

"Hi Jongin! I'm Jongdae! The ultimate prankster!"

"Hi Jongin! I'm Junmyeon, I guess you could say I'm the most normal headed out of all of them."

"Yah Kim Junmyeon!"

"He says he's normal headed but he won't be as hot as all of us combined let's be real."

"You can call him gramps, that's his nickname!"

"Kim Jongdae you!!!!"

Everyone exploded into peals of laughter, Jongin's mind and heart felt levelheaded. He feels at ease, like all the pain in his heart had washed away and were being replaced by new memories.

They proceeded to go to the other side of the venue, the one with a mini stage. Jongin, Baekhyun and Sehun sat on the chairs in front of the stage and watched as the other guys performed SNSD's Gee, 2NE1's Fire and I don't care, complete with matching outfits. Kyungsoo had his eyes on Jongin throughout the performance and Jongin was laughing the entire time. He remembered how angry Kyungsoo was when he asks him to do aegyo and how he hated to dance to girl group dances.

Baekhyun placed a plastic tiara on Jongin's head and once again, the others appeared with a cake, now with 13 candles, 14 candles, 15 candles, etc. Jongin blew everything joyfully.

After that, Baekhyun dragged Jongin again to another venue, and with the help of Luhan and Sehun, they dressed him up in a hanbok then left. Kyungsoo appeared not long after, holding a bouquet of flowers and a small bottle of perfume.

A classical tune started playing, and Kyungsoo puts all those things on a nearby table and approaches Jongin. He held out his hand and waited for Jongin to take it, and when he did, they started waltzing slowly on the empty hall.

Suddenly, the music changed into a familiar tune, and Kyungsoo turned around frantically to Jongdae and Kris who were in charge of the CD player.

How long will I love you?

As long as stars are above you....

And longer if I can......

"We can't change the song! It's broken!" they whispered, although Jongin clearly heard it.

"I'm sorry." Kyungsoo chuckles nervously and fiddles with his fingers, glancing at Jongdae and Kris every now and then.

"It's okay. Let's continue dancing." Jongin gives up and slowly holds on to one of Kyungsoo's hands. Kyungsoo looked at him and surprise, but he smiled and they continued dancing slowly, moving in circles.

Kyungsoo stares at Jongin, and Jongin feels conscious because Kyungsoo never did this before, but now, it's as if he's speaking words through his gazes, and Jongin seems to understand these unspoken sentences as he stares right back at him.

"Close your eyes." Kyungsoo says after a while.

"What?"

"Just close your eyes." Kyungsoo insists, so Jongin obeys. They danced slowly, and with his eyes closed, it felt as if he was falling more and more again, as if he was letting his guard down and allowing Kyungsoo to enter his heart again.

"They say..... That with your eyes closed..... You find out what you're really feeling deep inside. Jongin, I wish on this day, your heart is no longer filled with pain and anger. I wish there was some happiness."

Jongin's eyes burned with tears, and he freely lets them go as he leans his head on Kyungsoo's shoulder. And with that, he also lets his pain and anger leave. He hugs Kyungsoo tightly and breathes a sigh of relief as he feels Kyungsoo's lips touching his bare shoulders.

"Some flowers, a perfume, and a kiss....." he hears Kyungsoo whisper. "Happy coming of age day."

After that, they proceeded to a long table with mini cupcakes laid down in uniform order, with candles in each cupcake. The candles are shaped 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 and 25.

The crowd watched in amazement as Jongin happily blows each and every one of them, cheering him like it was a race to the finish line.

That day was magical, and ever since then, Jongin felt so much at ease, like a big angry cloud above his head was already blown away by the strong wind provided by Kyungsoo's heart.

"Good morning!" Kyungsoo greets one day at the shop as Sehun and Jongin get ready for the day. Jongin runs out of the office and sees Kyungsoo giving out coffee to all of the staff.

"Coffee for you, coffee for you, coffee for you. And for my Jongin," he says as he spots Jongin standing on the corner, "Coffee and breakfast."

"Thanks." Jongin says and smiles as he takes them from Kyungsoo's hands.

Kyungsoo's brows furrowed and Jongin gave him a questioning face.

"Are you getting taller? You used to be here," he says as he points on his shoulder, "and now you're in here." he says as he points on his head.

Jongin stares at him for the longest time, trying to process what he just said, until Sehun laughs so hard he almost fell off his chair. Kyungsoo helps him up and gives him a high five.

When evening came, Jongin hears the familiar chimes from the front door and instinctively smiles, because he already knows who arrived.

"Nini, your knight's here." Sehun teases from across the room.

"Alright I'll be there!" he replies and grabs his backpack and other essentials. He gets surprised as Kyungsoo appears from behind him, offering to hold his bag for him.

"Are you getting shorter?" Kyungsoo asks again, staring intently at Jongin.

"No, why?" he asks worriedly.

"You used to be up in my head, and now you're right in my heart." he declares, making the other people in the shop squeal at the cheesiness.

Jongin couldn't help but laugh at Kyungsoo's antics. He truly missed this side of him.

Every time the chimes on the front door ring, Jongin always gets extra excited.

"Ho ho ho! Merry Christmas!" Kyungsoo shouts, catching Jongin's attention. In his hands were bags and bags of presents.

"20, 21, 22, 23, 24...... Wait where’s the 25th?" Sehun asked as he helps Kyungsoo take all of the presents out of the bag.

"I was hoping to be the 25th....." he says and smiled shyly.

Every day was a surprise for Jongin. Every day he felt like he was royalty, all thanks to Kyungsoo.

"What in the world....." he found himself saying as he runs towards his and Sehun's house, the walls filled with sticky notes. The neighbors were crowding in front of the gates, some were jumping, some were wondering how that was done, some marvel at how intricate it was.

Jongin reads each of the writings on the sticky notes, which were filled with love messages and pickup lines. On the door were sticky notes with words written in big, fat letters. I LOVE YOU BECAUSE...

Jongin finds himself smiling at the effort Kyungsoo put. How he managed to do this, he doesn't know. Sehun appears from the front door and gives a single sticky note to Jongin.

"Here's one more. I don't think you'll bother forgetting why he loves you!" he teases, but nevertheless smiles. Jongin looks at the note and feels teary eyed for some reason. It said  .... I love you.

~

Kyungsoo was too deep in his paperwork when he receives a call.

"Hello?"

"Did you know you could be sued for trespassing?" Jongin says seriously from the other line. Kyungsoo's smile drops. Did he hated the sticky note surprise?

"Why?"

"Because you keep breaking into my mind!"

Kyungsoo smiles and tries to think of a comeback. "You ought to buy some floaters, quick!"

"Why, are we going swimming?"

"No. Because you'll drown in my love!" he says and hears Jongin melodious laughter ringing in his ears.

Kyungsoo hears a giggle and that's when he noticed there's a female assistant in the room.

"Sir, I just need your signature for this." she says, trying not to laugh. Kyungsoo smiles at her and gives her the signature.

There was a huge traffic jam the next day, so Kyungsoo and Jongin were forced to take the subway.

"Hey, your car might get towed!" Jongin says, remembering that they just left Kyungsoo's car on the middle of the road.

"I don't care, as long as you won't be late!" he enthusiastically replies and helps Jongin with the equipment.

They run towards the train door that's almost closing and made it inside on time. There were too much people during that day as well, so they were forced to stand up. Jongin holds on to the train handles, with Kyungsoo beside him supporting him in case he loses his balance.

The music inside the train starts playing, and conicidentally it was Ellie Goulding's How long will I love you. Jongin and Kyungsoo stared at each other for 3 seconds before chuckling.

"How long will I be with you? As long as the sea is bound to wash up on the sand....." Kyungsoo whispers into Jongin's ear as he sings along to the song.

Jongin turns around to look at him. "How long will I want you? As long as you want me too, and longer by far......" he sings along, wrapping his arms around Kyungsoo's neck.

They sang along to the song as they swayed gently, attracting attention from the other passengers.

"How long will I love you? As long as stars are above you......" Jongin finishes the song, and he caresses Kyungsoo's hair, tears already falling down his cheeks.

Kyungsoo looks at him warily, but gets surprised as Jongin inches closer and plants a deep kiss on his lips.

"Do you...... love me already?" Kyungsoo asked, surprised of Jongin's actions.

Jongin chuckles at Kyungsoo's shocked face and kisses him again on the lips to answer his question. They smiled and laughed, and Kyungsoo was flabbergasted, he couldn't believe he has Jongin again, even after all the that happened between them. He sighs in relief and looks away.

"If I could repeat just one thing in my life.... It would be the day that I met you." Kyungsoo says as he looks straight into Jongin's eyes. "I could go back countless times, again and again, for the rest of my life...... If you would let me. Will you marry me?" he said it confidently, because he's afraid he'll lose Jongin again, and he didn't want that. Not this time.

Jongin's cries turned into soft sobs and he launches himself to Kyungsoo, wrapping his arms around his neck tightly.

"Wait, wait, will you?"

Jongin lets go and nods his head frantically, before hugging Kyungsoo again. Kyungsoo laughs at how emotional Jongin still is and hugs him as well, as tears also raced down his own eyes.

The people in the subway clapped their hands and cheered, making both of them chuckle and Kyungsoo wished that would never end.

~

"I need to tell him the truth!" Jongin whines under the pillow as Sehun comforts him. Yesterday had been the most amazing moment of his life, yet he can't fully be happy. He's still telling a big lie to Kyungsoo, and he doesn't want to hurt his feelings.

"But you shouldn't tell him you faked you amnesia! I mean, you're both happy now right? What's the problem? Why ruin everything?" Sehun replies.

"So what, I'm just gonna keep pretending for the rest of my life? That would be unfair!"

"Unfair?"

"Of course! Hello, then Kyungsoo is just going to look stupid forever."

"So what? At least you're happy!"

Jongin stayed silent for a few minutes. When an idea popped in his head, he stood up straight, bumping his head with Sehun's in the process. Both of them whined in pain.

"I know!"

"What? Ow......"

"I need to get into another accident. If I bump my head, I can tell him I got my memory back, and he will never know I've been lying to him."

Sehun looked at him like he was crazy. "And how would that happen?"

"I will fake an accident!" Jongin retorts, making Sehun almost spit the juice he's been drinking.

"You ing disgrace! Watch my bed covers!" he complains as he wipes the remains of Sehun's saliva on his arms.

"Say what now?"

"I said I'll fake an accident!"

"You have completely lost your mind, Kim Jongin. Poor you. You know, it would be a lot simpler if you just tell him the truth."

~

"This is it! I'll tell him the truth! I'm going to tell him I'm that guy who broke his heart!" Kyungsoo says as EXO gathers up in his house for a celebration.

"Hallelujah! My son finally got it right!" Mrs. Do says as she puts both of her hands in the air. "All your drinks are on me! There's more here!"

The boys cheered at the free soju and did a one shot.

"Did I hear it right? You're admitting the truth?" Kris asks as he looks at Kyungsoo intently.

"Kris, I love Jongin. If we're getting married, I don't want us hiding anything from each other. He has to know the truth."

"But what if he says 'I don't want you anymore! I'm upset, the wedding's off!' " Jongdae asks, doing his best impersonation of Jongin. Everyone roars in laughter at his failed attempt.

"But what if he says 'I forgive you Kyungsoo!' " Luhan imitates Jongdae, causing another laughing spree.

"What we meant to say is," Chanyeol exclaims, "You have to be sure about what you want to do."

"You've been given a second chance, what if a third chance won't come?" Junmyeon says.

"What if he comes to his senses?" Kyungsoo replies. "Seriously, all I'm saying is, if he is to know the truth, he'll probably be upset of me lying to him. But if you love a person, you have to stand by your actions."

Jongdae squeals like a girl and all of them started teasing Kyungsoo.

"Wow! Expert!" Junmyeon hollers.

"Nah, I just learned my lesson." Kyungsoo says as he holds up his shotglass.

~

"Are you feeling cold, Nini?" Kyungsoo asked as he holds on to Jongin's hand while driving. "Should I turn off the air-condition?"

Jongin looks warily at Kyungsoo and tries not to look nervous. "No I'm okay. It's your hands that are cold."

"Might've been the glass of juice I was holding earlier." Kyungsoo chuckles and kisses Jongin's hand.

"Kyungsoo, where are we going?"

"It's a surprise." Kyungsoo says, and Jongin stays silent for a few minutes. He couldn't seem to get off that thick tension in the air.

"Kyungsoo, I wish I could get my memory back....... WATCH OUT FOR THE CAT!" he screams and tries to fake bump his head on the windshield, only to be constricted on the neck with the seat belt.

"Are you okay?" Kyungsoo asked as they stopped at the side of the road, checking to see if he had any injuries.

"No no, I'm fine." Jongin waves him off, but gets really disappointed as his plan didn't work. Stupid seatbelt.

After a while they start driving again until they reached their destination.

"What's this?" Jongin asked as he sees where they were.

"We're time travelling." Kyungsoo replies as he pulls Jongin gently inside.

There was a big tarpaulin hanging in front of them as soon as they opened the door. It was a speed dating event. Jongin widens his eyes as he realizes this was the exact place where they met, with the same event taking place. He wanders his eyes and sees a bunch of people, including EXO.

"Remember when I told you, if I were to return to a moment in my life, it would be the time I met you? Jongin, this is where we first met." Kyungsoo whispers as he slings a dslr on Jongin's neck. "You were the event photographer then."

"You stood there...." and Kyungsoo runs toward where EXO was standing. "And I stood here. That's where I first saw you. I even winked at you like this." and he winks. "Your friend went up to you and placed something by your chest." and on cue, a guy approaches Jongin and sticks a post it on his chest. "That's when I found out you were the organizer."

Jongin feels the tears coming again, and he always wants to smack his face when this happens because it seemed like waterworks always come whenever he's with Kyungsoo. Not from pain, but from happiness, from past memories that bring him joy.

"Ah, looks like you can't with that one." Chanyeol says from the back.

"But I said, it's alright." Kyungsoo continues. A bell rings, and the others started going to their assigned places, some sitting down on one of the chairs, some by the bar, others just standing at the side. Then everyone started acting like they were on an actual speed date.

"The entire night, I kept glancing towards you. You kept going around. You kept going around because you were taking pictures. Finally, Jongdae arrived, and I asked him to take my place." With this, Jongdae appears from behind Jongin and waves a hello, before walking towards Kyungsoo and giving him a high five. Kyungsoo continued talking.

"So that I could approach you. This was where you stood." and he guides Jongin towards the bar. "And I came from here." he positions himself on Jongin's left. 

"I went up to you, and I said...... 'Hi. My name's Kyungsoo. What's your name?' and you told me 'I'm Jongin, but umm, you see, I'm not really part of the event I'm just the organizer' and I said 'I know that, I just want to know if you believe in love at first sight?' you said no, so I left." and he leaves. 

"But I came back." he says, reappearing in Jongin's right. "And I said 'What about second sight?' and you smiled."

Jongin was a sobbing mess by now. He couldn't take all of these emotions in one day, he's too much fragile for this.

"So I said 'You know what, you won't probably get home tonight.' and you panicked and asked me why..... Then I said 'Because you're already in my mind.' Then we talked the whole night...... Then, you said---"

"You already remember everything?" Kyungsoo stops him from saying more, a look of shock evident in his face.

"I....... I never forgot, Kyungsoo...... I never got into an accident, I don't have amnesia.... Kyungsoo, I never forgot about you, ever. I'm sorry, I just got scared..... I got scared of losing you." Jongin tried to say in between heavy sobs, his chest heaving so hard that he almost thought he's gonna have an asthma attack.

Kyungsoo looked at him in disbelief. He had that small smile on his face, and his expression..... He looked betrayed. He looks at Jongin one last time, and as he walks away, Jongin sees the tears falling down his eyes.

And seeing that makes Jongin feel even worse. The others approached him, Luhan was trying to calm him down to stop him from having an asthma attack, but he never seemed to calm. He just fell down on his knees and cried, both of his hands on his face. He was ashamed, he was ashamed of what he did that he didn't want the others to see him like this.

He goes home that night, devastated. Because he knows that it was him who screwed everything up this time.

~

"Amnesia, eh?" Kris breaks the silence as he and EXO sat down intently on Kyungsoo's sofa. "I can't believe we were so stupid to fall for that."

"We really fooled ourselves." Jongdae pitched in, looking serious for the first time.

"This is your fault, Jongdae." Kris retorts.

"What? Why me?"

"Amnesia. Who are you?" Kris points at Junmyeon. "Who bought the TV?" He punches into thin air. "Did I just throw a punch?" 

The others started laughing, and Luhan threw a snapback at Kris' face.

"That really hurt. I would've never imagined that. I would've expected a slap, a punch, a lot of anger.... Not that. I know I have no right to be angry. I was the first ti hurt him...... But it really shot through my heart. It's so sad..... It's just so sad that.... we ended up this way."

"Dude, stop crying. Men don't shed tears." Kris says as he sits beside Kyungsoo, patting his back gently.

"Leave him to shed his tears. I heard that's a good remedy for sore eyes." Mrs. Do exclaims, and everyone looks at her. "His heart has sore eyes right now. But once the bruises heal and the dirt clears up, he will know the answer."

"The answer to what?" Luhan asks.

"The answer to why he returned to Jongin, and why he will let him go again." Mrs. Do replied.

Kyungsoo pondered on her words. What really is the answer?

"According to census, there are currently 10 million people living in Seoul alone, and 50 million people living in South Korea. How would you know if you've found the person that is meant to be for you?

You've probably seen her, but you ducked your head to tie your shoe.

You've probably been next to her, but you turned your head to look at the traffic lights.

You might have seen that person in front of you, if the bus didn't block your view.

There are people who are lucky enough to have found that special person they're meant to share the rest of their life with. There are people who are still searching, there are people who already gave up. 

But the worst case scenario you could ever come across, is when you've found that special person, and she's yours to keep, but you just let her go. Let her slip between your fingers."

Kyungsoo repeats the same lines he once told someone to a group of students who are planning to work on the company. Only this time, he finds it hard to say it enthusiastically, to blow their minds and grab their attention. With the things happening during the past few days, it became hard for Kyungsoo to get back on track and become the cheerful person he once was.

"But sir, how would you be sure that person was your true love, if you let her slip between your fingers?" a girl bravely asks.

"Huh?"

"Did you try searching for others? Or would you just consider her your true love for sentimental reasons, because she'll never come back." the girl continues.

"No. He came back. I had him back. We had a second chance....." Kyungsoo's mind opens bit by bit, along with his eyes. He gets to realize things he never realized before. "Yeah...... I had a second chance........ 

And I loved him even more......"

"Sir, you're so lucky!" the girl exclaims, and Kyungsoo tears up because he got it. He knows the answer.

The answer to why he loves Jongin, and why he returned to him.

~

Jongin glances at the door chimes hurriedly for the 4th time that day. When he saw it wasn't Kyungsoo, he sits back down on his chair dejectedly.

"That wasn't him, that was just the customers leaving." Sehun pisses him off even more.

He lets out an unmanly screech, surprising everyone in the shop.

"I can't take this anymore! I'm going cray cray!" he says as he clutches on his hair. He stands up and walks briskly towards the door.

"Yah! Where are you going?" Sehun follows him hurriedly.

"To apologize to Kyungsoo!"

"He might still be mad!"

"It's okay!"

"What if he ignores you?"

"It's alright!"

"If he slaps you?"

"My cheeks can handle it!"

"If he doesn't accept it?"

"I don't care anymore. I just want to tell him how sorry I am, I just want to talk to him, I just want to tell him how much I still love him!"

Sehun throws something towards Jongin's direction and he catches it.

"What are these?"

"My car is new. Don't scratch it or do any damage!" he says, smiling. "Now go! Go and tell him everything!"

Jongin smiles at Sehun, a sign that says thank you and runs madly outside. He searches for the car and drives off. On the way, his phone rings. It was Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo?" he smiles through tears.

"Where are you?" Kyungsoo asks from the other line.

"I'm on my way to you."

"You're on your way to me?"

"Why do you find your way to someone?"

"Because you like them?"

"No." Jongin says firmly. "Because you love him. I'm sorry Kyungsoo, I'm sor--"

"Jongin I love you." Kyungsoo says, making Jongin's heart skip a beat. They listened to each other's soft sobs and Jongin can almost see Kyungsoo's heart shaped smile.

"I love you too." they both said at the same time, making them chuckle.

"I really really love you, don't ever forget that. We'll start over." Kyungsoo say. Suddenly, Jongin hears him screaming, tires screeching and a loud horn beeping before the call ends.

"Hello? Kyungsoo? KYUNGSOO! HELLO! DO KYUNGSOO ANSWER ME!"

~

Jongin arrives at the hospital room and is greeted by familiar faces, all of which he already knows. They stared at him, and he stared back and bowed, before running towards the bed where Kyungsoo was seen lying down, unconscious.

He approaches Kyungsoo slowly and hugs his sleeping form, tears continuously falling down his eyes. Kyungsoo stirs a bit, catching everyone's attention. He opens his eyes and looks straight into Jongin's.

"Who are you?" he says. The others' smiles dropped and were turned into looks of shock. Jongin, however, smiles at him.

"I've already used that trick." he says as he lightly slaps Kyungsoo's cheek. Kyungsoo turns to the remaining people in the room.

"Who are all of you?"

Jongin's smile vanishes and he turns to the doctor for answers.

"Kyungsoo has experienced traumatic amnesia. This happens when the head suffers from physical injury." the doctor tells Jongin. "I'm afraid the medial temporal lobes in his brain were affected. It may be temporary, but..... We'll never know until we run some tests. Hopefully we can help him recover not just physically, but also emotionally. He should be given as much love as he can to aid in quicker recovery, and the possibility of regaining his memory."

Jongin shakes his head. This couldn't be true, fate would never do this to both of them. But he just watched as Kyungsoo frowns at them, as if recalling who they were. Seeing this breaks his heart. He never thought karma would come back at him that fast.

When the doctor left, they started introducing themselves one by one.

"I'm your hottest friend, Kris!" Kris said, earning a smack on the head from Junmyeon.

"Kyungsoo, my name is Baekhyun. I'm Chanyeol's 'wife'. " Baekhyun says as he makes air quotations.

"I'm Jongdae, I am your father." Jongdae exclaims.

"You're confusing him! Stop!" Luhan says as he hits Jongdae's forehead.

"Seriously, I'm Jongdae..... Your mother." and Kyungsoo chuckles for the first time, making the others laugh as well.

The others all made sure to say something funny to make Kyungsoo laugh. Jongin stares from afar and watches this with amusement in his face. As long as Kyungsoo's happy, he's happy.

Mrs. Do sits next to him and gently caresses his back.

"Son, you know..... Amnesia is just in the brain. Any jolt it gets, it can forget. But I believe in the power of the heart's memory. Because when the heart loves, it can get hurt many times, but it will never forget." she exclaims.

Jongin looks at her and smiles. "You really do know a lot, Mrs. Do."

"Here watch this." Jongdae says as he grabs some balloons. "Here's Kyungsoo...... and Jongin." he says as he ties a yellow and a red balloon together. They erupted into squeals and everyone started teasing the both of them.

Kyungsoo glances at Jongin's direction, still wondering who he is. But he smiled, that same heart shaped smile and he laughed, with his usual dark voice, like melted caramel chocolate filled with honey and whipped cream, carrying a warm quality to it.

And Jongin returns his smile.

"You might get tired walking around." Jongin says as he accompanies Kyungsoo to the hospital garden. It has been 3 weeks and so far so good, Kyungsoo just keeps getting better and better every day.

"Let's start from the beginning. A review." he continues as he and Kyungsoo sat on a nearby bench. "Who am I?"

"You're..... Jongin. My fiance, and a photographer."

"No!" Jongin clicks his tongue and looks away in disappointment.

"What?"

"I'm a policeman."

"A policeman?"

"Because you are my most wanted." he exclaims and wraps his arms around Kyungsoo's neck. He hears him chuckle and smiles.

"And you are an oil paint. Because you bring color to my world." Jongin continues. "Wait!" he says and grabs something from his pocket."

"What's that?" Kyungsoo asks.

"Dental floss. You see, when you were younger, your mother would scold you for being so forgetful. Wear this..... So that you will never forget that from this day onwards....... It's my turn to take care of you.

And if your memories never come back, we'll make a whole lot of new ones.

Happy ones.

I will never leave you, Kyungsoo." Jongin says as he ties a small ribbon on Kyungsoo's finger using the floss.

Kyungsoo was silent for a few seconds, and they stared at each other for the longest time, but Jongin didn't mind. He had learned to love staring at Kyungsoo's adorable little face.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" Kyungsoo suddenly blurts out, surprising Jongin.

His smile grew wider, and without a second thought, he launches into Kyungsoo and kisses him deeply on the lips.

"Yes! Sorry!" he apologized, but after a few seconds, he launches into Kyungsoo again and kisses him deeper, throwing Kyungsoo offguard.

"Even second sight! Third sight! Fourth! Fifth! Sixth! Seventh! Eighth! Any sight!" Jongin says in between kisses on Kyungsoo, making the smaller male laugh.

And with that laugh comes great new memories that Jongin knows he would treasure, now that he's got Kyungsoo.

 

FIN.


a/n: FINALLY FINISHED! I hope you all enjoy this fic! It's based the movie My Amnesia Girl, one of my favorites (cuz you know, I like anything with amnesia in it) I'll probably have a side story of this, but as for now, I'll be focusing more on my chaptered fics. Enjoy reading! :)