Chapter 03`

Autumn Wind

I walked into the bathroom and washed my face up. I looked in the mirror and it's a sure thing that my face is still as red as a ripe tomato. What to do...what to do. How will I ever have the courage to even look at him now. Ugh. Minah.  Maybe it isn't even a big deal. I might just be thinking too much about. I looked into the mirror one last time before heading to class. 

In the back of my head I just kept hoping that I wouldn't see the blonde byun. I quickened my pace.  

As I was walking I thought, why was I even hiding? It's not like I did anything wrong anyway. If I hide, it'll just make things more suspicious and a bigger deal than it needs to be. Okay. Nam Jiae. Just be normal. 

The rest of the day was just like any other day. I went to my classes and took down notes. Luckily none of my classes handed out homework today, so basically all I had to do was review my notes and study a little bit. If only everyday was like this, I would have more than enough sleep. I can see why Minah thinks that I don't have a social life. 

In fact, I don't think I really have a social life. The only people I talk to were Minah and Kyungsoo. That was about it, and I barely have time to hang out with them after school. My life revolves around three things: school, Byeol, and work. I might be considered an inconsiderate person, but everyone has their own priorites. It just so happens to be that those are my priorites at the moment. I don't feel the need to make any new friends, when I can get by perfectly fine the way I am right now. 

Making new friends and meeting new people in general allows yourself to become more vulnerable. The more people get to know you, the more vulnerable and easy you would become. It's best to just stay unnoticed. The thought of making new friends just never crossed my mind. Minah and Kyungsoo was enough for me. They don't demand too much of me and with them I'm fairly comfortable. I suppose that's all that matters. 

Even though I might not show it, Minah and Kyungsoo are very dear to me. They are important. I love them as much as I love Byeol. 

Just as the day was coming to an end, I packed up all my stuff and headed over to the student council meeting. Even though there isn’t much to go over, Hayoung insisted for the meeting to take place. Sigh. I just want to go home already, but then it’ll be irresponsible on my part if I don’t attend the meeting. Hayoung should really be the president of the student council, since she’s so involved and works harder than anyone else in the council.

I walked into the meeting and sat down in my regular seat. Hayoung was already prepared to hand out information and take notes with her laptop. She truly is amazing. If only I was as dedicated as her. I’m jealous. Truly jealous.

As soon as all the council members showed up, Hayoung passed out the information about the school event that we were going to sponsor. The list was fairly detailed about what’s going to happen at this so called “Masquerade Ball”.  

“Let’s come up with a fundraiser for the event. That way students wouldn’t have to worry about an entrance fee. This will also increase the number of participants as well. As for the fundraiser, we could discuss that in next week’s meeting. As of now let’s focus on the event. Any questions so far?” Hayoung asked.

No one said anything so she continued. “Since the president of the student council, Jiae, helped us to decide on hosting a masquerade ball. The obvious thing for every participant is to have a mask. Should there be a theme as well?”

“Everyone should wear yellow” A girl from the council stated.

“No. That’s too bright. Yellow isn’t an attractive color. Besides finding anything in the color yellow is kind of difficult. Anyone else?” Hayoung asked.

“How about a black theme? Like everyone wears a black outfit of some sort. Black looks fairly formal and sophisticated” Minah suggested.

As everyone was making suggestions, I felt myself being unattentive. I wasn’t sure what everyone was talking about so I stayed quiet. I was completely lost. If anything I tuned everyone out and I was on my own little world. I was practically on the moon.

I felt my head tilt forward and my eyes droop down as time passed in the student council meeting. I was completely tired from the long day at school and work from last night. Worse than being unattentive to my fellow peers, I was falling asleep from their talking. I couldn’t help it.

Once I lift my head up, it falls right back down after a couple of minutes. I could basically fall asleep sitting down if I didn’t try to keep myself awake. I pinched my thigh. That wasn’t of much help either.

“Jiae” Hayoung grimaced at me.

I looked up at her, “Ah-ah. Yes.”

“Do you agree with the color theme that we chose?” Hayoung asked. The irritation in her voice could be heard.

“Ah . Yes” I replied. I have no idea what the color is, but it couldn't possibly be bad if Hayoung agreed to it. I don’t know what I consented to, but it wouldn’t affect me anyways. Not like I’m going to attend the event to begin with.  

As everyone began to pack their things to leave after the meeting, I wanted to stay behind to apologize to Hayoung. Just as I thought I had my chance to say something, she left the room already. I guess I’ll apologize next time. I sighed.  Just as I walked out the classroom door, Minah was already waiting outside for me.

I walked up to her and asked “Why are you still here? I thought you’d be heading home right now.”

“Let’s go eat ice cream crepes.” Minah whined.

“Lets-” I thought about it. I just remembered that I had to go home to cook for Byeol. “Yeah, sorry I can’t go. I have to head home to cook dinner for Byeol. Maybe next time!”

“Why are you always so busy!!” Minah stomped on the floor. She is like a big child, but she’s cute when she does that. I smiled at her apologetically.

“Okay. Fine. Next time you better go with me! Or I won’t forgive you.” Minah threatened.

I chucked a little. “Yes, definitely”.

“Okay, then . Bye . I’ll see you tomorrow.” Minah waved as she walked out the school gates. I waved back at her. I thought about it, if only I was as cute as Minah. She’s so child-like, but that’s her charm.

 

I walked towards the bus stop. I was too lazy to walk home, and besides I was really tired too. As I walked closer to the bus stop I was able to see a familiar figure. I walked closer. It was blonde Byun. Oh wait, what’s his name again? Oh right. Baekhyun.

 

Should I greet him? This morning was pretty embarrassing. Gah-I don’t know. Thinking about what happened in the morning made my cheeks flush. I felt it heating up, as well as ears. As I walked closer to the bus stop, he turned towards my direction. I looked at him and he looked back at me. Should I wave? If I don't do anything it'll continue to be super awkward. I don't want things to be awkward. Ahhhhhhhhg. Before I could think about what to do he already started waving at me. I guess I’ll wave back. It’s only polite to do so back.

 

I waved back at him as I walked towards the bus stop.


Well I've finally updated after a year. Haha. Sorry about that. I'll probably post the next chapter in the next two days since it is the weekend. Hope you enjoy this quick short update.