Final.

Beach day

 

"Let's go to the beach!" Sehun said as he entered the living room, yawning and rubbing his eyes like a kid, his hair still disheveled from sleeping.

"It's 5 pm! Who goes on the beach at this hour?" I looked at him with wide eyes.

"And you just woke up, at least have breakfast," Luhan told him and pointed at the kitchen.

We - I, my best friend So Young, Sehun and Luhan were the only ones left in the exo dormitory.

It was a nice summer day, well if you don't count the killing heat outside. And here Sehun is suggesting that the four of us to go to the beach.

From just the tough of it I instantly started to feel the heat on my cheeks because, well I had a crush on Oh Sehun and imagining him only in a swimwear definitely gave me shivers.

And I was sure that my best friend felt the same towards Luhan.

 

"Come oooon, let's go to the beach, I really, really, really want to swim with the dolphins!" after Sehun had his breakfast, or should I say lunch, he started whining like the little kid he was.

"I don't think that you'll see dolphins but I guess it'll be fun," slowly said So Young.

At first I didn't want to go but then I remembered that with Luhan we had a little plan on how to make him and So Young stay alone for some time. My part in the plan was to try and drag anyone away, whoever it was, so that they can stay alone and Luhan should do something sweet for her or to finally gather courage and confess his feeling to her. But unfortunately... we always fail. Yes, me too, not only he /well we are a team so.../. But I didn't think that So Young will be so, how should I say this, blind? Because she's gone with the wind, I guess. It's like she doesn't see the small things that Luhan is doing. And it is really pissing me off.

Instantly, me and Luhan shared glances and we both understood what the other meant. *the perfect place for a confession*

 

**********

 

An hour later we were on the beach, towels placed on the sand and the umbrellas making shadows.

Just as I expected, looking at the boys shirtless, for me and So Young it was a real challenge. We couldn't stop the pink growing on our cheeks. They were constantly asking us if we were okay. At least we could blame the heat and the sun.

 

"Let's go in the water!" the second child exclaimed, aka So Young.

"Yes, let's go!" Sehun started enthusiastically pulling me and Luhan to stand up and with So Young they led us to the water.

We had so much fun - swimming, splashing water into each other faces, playing with a ball, getting on the boys shoulders and jumping into the water. It was with one word - amazing.

At some pint Luhan and I got out of the water and headed to the towels so that we could make a plan of what would each one of us do.

"What if we fail again?" asked me Luhan slightly discouraged.

"Don't worry, it will go fine. I'll keep Sehun away as long as possible so you could capture her attention and to confess. Fighting!" I told him full of excitement.

 After some time which seemed like eternity, the 'kids' got tired and they came out of the water.

"Ahhhh, I'm so tired!" Sehun laid his back on the towel, his hands covering his eyes, knees folded so that his feet were near his bottom.

So Young also lay on her towel, breathing heavily. I looked over at Luhan and we both nodded. *time to start the plan*

"Yah, Sehun let's go for a walk!" I said as I got up. 

"Nooooooo, I'm tired!" Sehun started whining.

"Yah, let's go, you pig!" I yelled at him grabbing his leg but he grabbed onto the sand, holding for dear life, as I was relentlessly dragging him like a sack of potatoes. I was quite strong, I can say, so pulling a lying figure on the sand wasn't so much of a problem for me. But apparently for him it was something new because he gave up digging his fingers in the sand and looked at me with wide eyes.

"Did you just...?"

"Yes, I did. Now let's go," I told him letting go of his leg.

 

 **********

 

In the end I won and we were walking near the water in an awkward silence. I couldn't come up with an interesting topic to talk about and besides he was replying me with one or two words. He didn't even try to keep the conversation.

"What are you thinking about?" at the end I decided to try again.

"You," he simply said.

"Me?" I asked him, pointing at myself, confused.

"Yes, you." he kept looking in front of us, walking casually, making that face.

"Whyyyyy are thinking about me? Am I that annoying that you're thinking of a way to escape? ...or are you in love with So Young and you want to go back to her, because she stayed alone with Luhan? Because for quite some time you two got close," I started questioning him, at first curious and then started sounding hurt.

"No, I'm not in love with So Young, she was just helping me get the girl that I like," he kept the blank face. "And how about you? Are you in love with Luhan because you two are almost always together?"

"Noooo, I was just helping him to be with So Young and to confess his feelings but she somehow can't see all the signs he's making. And I hope that this time he'll succeed."

After I finished my sentence he stopped walking.

"What's wrong?" I stopped walking and looked at him.

"Pabo! Do you know that you are the same as her, not seeing the all signs and not paying attention to anything?"

I looked at him confused.

"All this time So Young was helping me on how to confess to you. And every time you just ignored most of the things that I did. All the skinships, the hugs, the silly jokes, the little ticklish games, the bubble teas and everything else."

...when I think about it he's right. That almost the same that Luhan was doing for So Young.

My eyes instantly widened at the realization.

I'm a pabo indeed. A big pabo.

Sehun came closer to me and cupped my cheeks in his large hands, slightly caressing my face with his thumbs. Then bending down to my eye level and saying the words that I have imagined and dreamed of a thousand times.

"I love you Jin Ae…"

Then he places his soft lips onto mine and the sound of the waves disappeared. When I came to my senses I wrapped my arms around his neck and his hands made its way to my waist, pulling me even closer to his body and I could feel how fast his heart was beating.

We broke the kiss when we ran out of breath.

Panting heavily we kept looking into each other’s eyes, both smiling from happiness.

We stayed hugged while the sun was slowly setting.

"I guess we should go back and check Luhan and So Young," I suggested placing my hand on his chest.

"Give them more time," Sehun said placing another kiss on the top of my head. “Give us some more time,” he cheekily said and smiled widely before capturing my lips again.