Prologue

Rejected

"Urgh" you let out a frustration sigh, pulling your hair in anger as you recalled the previous conversation with your father.

"I heard Kris is gonna be the new alpha. Why am I not informed?" You seethed.

"Why do you care anyway? Since when is my precious little daughter interested in pack stuffs huh?" Your dad replied, every word dripping with sarcasm.

"What do you mean by that? That alpha position is rightfully and supposedly mine!" You held onto the edge of the table for support as you tried to control your ragged breathing.

"YOURS? Who said that you'll be getting the alpha's position? You are the weakest in the pack and moreover that position would definitely be his if he's still here." Your father glared at you with much fury as he slammed the documents against the table.

"But I promised to take care of the pack for him and I will do it."

"Do what? Destroy our pack? If you're not my daughter I would've kicked you out of the pack. Interfere no more ,I'll let Kris take over my position. GET OUT." Like the cold breathes of the grave ,your father's every word cut through your heart.

"Father, please trust me this once.  I am really sorry for whatever that had happened in the past. I could've prevented it but I didn't try hard enough.. Its all my fault please let me pay off my debts. Please." You were on your knees begging your father as tears pricked your eyes.

"Trust you? A werewolf who has not even changed? I'll never trust you with this position. Get out. Now."

"Hey.." a deep voice resonated in the room, breaking your trance.

Kris.." Betrayal and hurt flashed in your eyes but you quickly replaced it with an indifferent mask.

"I'm really sorry.. I.. We'll find a way to get you the alpha position." Kris said apologetically.

"Stop.. You are just making yourself seem guilty as if you snatched the position from me which you didn't. So stop.. I don't deserve that position anyways." You gritted your teeth, trying to keep your emotions undercover.

"We both know that you very well deserve that position. You are the strongest girl, I have ever seen. Really." he ruffled your hair giving you a wolf-ish grin.

"Stop trying to comfort me, I'm -"

You groaned as pain shot through your nerves. The sound of your bones cracking resonated  in your ears. Tears filled your eyes but you could still make out the worried face of your best friend who seems as confused as you. But then it hit you, you must be going through transformation, you are finally a real wolf! You would have definitely jump in glee if not for the pain.

After what seemed like forever, the pain finally subsided and there it lied.

A pure white wolf.

Kris gawked in awe as he admired your white fur. There would only be a white wolf every few century, it was rare but it was definitely the chosen ome by the moon goddess to lead its pack to become the strongest pack and regain peace for the world.

"Sooyoung-ah, you are the chosen one, the alpha of darkmoon pack. You can finally proof your father wrong." Kris whispered in glee as he ruffled your fur gently.

You have never felt so good, you can finally shake off the title as the omega and proof to everyone, even your father, that you definitely have the alpha's blood flowing in you.

A few months later..

"Alpha! Your father! He hung himself!"

"What?! You dashed into your father's room only to be greeted by pale and lifeless body.

"I believe this for you.."

You snatched across the letter which read: My dearest daughter, congratulations you are finally able to proof yourself to the pack of your capabilities. Aren't you happy that you can finally have me under your control? But I won't let that happen! You are a monster, a murderer! I will never forgive you for what you have done to my wife and my son. You are the reason why I've decided to end my life too. Aren't you happy?! I bet you are, do you even have a heart? Have you heard of the feeling called guilt?!

 

You could not believe that your father actually thought of you that way. You felt betrayed, hurt and angered. You could believe that your own father would hate you so much.. if only mom was still here.. You bit your lips in the attempt to stop your tears from flowing. You couldn't show your emotions so easily as a alpha, crying is for the weak. You bit your lips so hard that you could immediately taste the metallic taste of your blood.

 

 

"I'm here, don't worry just cry. Let it out." A familiar warmth engulfed you as you felt your body slowly relaxing and letting your tears flow freely.