Jealous!Kyu

Breathe
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So…. It was all just a bet huh?”

I sigh and nod. I turn around in my seat and face Ryeowook who is playing with his fingers, his face expressionless. Honestly, after Minho and Changmin came down and interrupted us earlier, Ryeowook didn’t look too happy. He was confused and when I explained to him that it was all just a bet, a flash of emotions crossed his eyes. Ryeowook was hurt. That I can tell. Ryeowook was hurt but in just seconds, he wiped that expression off his face and gave us a smile. The most fakest smile I have ever seen on him. The traffic light turns green and I sigh, concentrating back on the road.

But it’s impossible right? Ryeowook cannot have feelings for me. He’s… I’m…. We’re both guys and we’re both artists! It’s impossible for us to have feelings for each other. I don’t think Ryeowook has feelings for me. I just think that maybe he’s upset with me because I used him. Thinking about it, I would be mad at me too if I were in Ryeowook shoes. Ryeowook didn’t shout at me and he didn’t slap me either. He just… Ryeowook just looked hurt for a second before he laughed it off. That was what had been disturbing me ever since we left the restaurant earlier on. I don’t know how Ryeowook is truly feeling and I don’t know if he’s truly fine with this. I just…. God, I just regret every single thing right now.

“What did you get out of this?” Ryeowook asks.

Gulping, I answer him. “Umm… Well… A week of free meal and… Well… A new game set.”

How pathetic am I? I just risk my whole friendship, a friendship for almost eight years for a week of free meals and a new game set! I bet Ryeowook is thinking of the same exact thing right now in my mind. Thankfully, we’ve reached our destination. I park the car and take a deep breath, turning to face Ryeowook again.

“I’m really sorry, Ryeowook.” I apologize. “It was really stupid of me.”

“I….. I’m so sorry.”

I sincerely am. In all my life, I’ve done a bunch of stupid things (of course thanks to the members) and got into a lot of trouble but nothing compares to what I have done today. Risking my friendship with such an innocent and loveable person? Hurting the feelings of someone who doesn’t deserve this at all. Ryeowook unbuckles his seatbelt before looking at me, his gaze piercing through me.

“It’s okay, Kyu.”

“No, it’s not. I’m a jerk, I’m a huge jerk.” I bang my forehead against the steering wheel. “I’m such a jerk.”

“Yes, you are,” Ryeowook tugs onto my shirt to stop me from hitting myself. “But we all already know that.”

I grab onto Ryeowook’s wrists and stare into his eyes. “Let me make it up to you, Wookie.”

Ryeowook chuckles and pulls himself out of my grip. “No, Kyu. I’m fine.”

I try to touch Ryeowook again but he leans backward, as far as he can from me. Only then that I realize that from Ryeowook’s expression and body movements that he didn’t want me touching him. I kept my hands to myself, feeling my heart aching.

“Ryeowook…”

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Kyu.” Ryeowook cuts me. “Thanks for the ride.”

Before Ryeowook steps out of the car, I grip his arms. Ryeowook turns around, shocked but this time, he didn’t try to pull back. His eyes lingers on mine and I realize that I’m staring at this lips. I…. I want to taste them again. I want to feel his lips again. Realizing that I might make things even more complicated that it already is, I shake my head and clear my throat.

“I… Ummm… Do… Do you need a ride tomorrow? I mean… Since… Since you don’t have your car with you and… And we have schedules in the morning.”

Ryeowook shakes his head. “It’s okay, Kyu.”

“Hyungsik will drop me off.”

Ryeowook leaves and I’m seating, staring after him. I want to go out and drag him back into my car and drive straight back home but …. Well, he’s already had enough of me for the day and I don’t want to make things worse.. But… Hyungsik? Why is Ryeowook spending the night at Hyungsik’s place? I don’t like this! I don’t like this at all. Well…. I’ve never liked that kid anyway. He spends way too much time with Ryeowook. Doesn’t he have any other friends?

Suddenly it hits me hard. What if Ryeowook is already in a relationship with Hyungsik? I mean… That cannot be possible right? He’d tell me since I’m his best friend! Or what if Ryeowook likes Hyungsik all along and is too shy to admit it to me? But… Ryeowook and Hyungsik…. Nope. I don’t think they’d make a good couple. No way. That kid doesn’t deserve Ryeowo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter