But I'm A Cheerleader

But I'm A Cheerleader

Hello! I thought I mine as well upload the first chapter now. It's not as long as my chapters usually are, but this was a spur of the moment type of thing, so hopefully it's still good. Thank you to everyone who's already subscribed to me! I love you!


But I'm A Cheerleader


“Mom…? Dad…? What’s… going on?” Krystal Jung Soojung asked as she was placed on the couch by her worry faced parents. Coming home from school to be faced with her parents who had been waiting patiently at the front door for her was not what she had been expecting, especially when the pulled her into the living room without any form of greeting.

Her parents sat on the loveseat that sat across from the couch that their youngest daughter was sitting on. Her father leaned forward, “Soojung,” he started, “We just want to let you know that your mother and I love you very much.”

Krystal raised an eyebrow, “Uh, okay…?” she stated, confused.

“And we want you to live a normal life,” he continued, “We want you to be happy, you know? Graduate high school, get married, raise a normal family, lead a natural life.”

The young girl continued to stare at her parents, both confused and completely bewildered at was going on, “That’s what I was planning on, yeah.”

Mr. Jung gave his daughter a small, but strangely sad smile, “We just want you to remember that we love you. Dearly.”

“Dad, please,” Krystal interrupted her father, “Whatever you’re trying to say, please just say it.”

Her father nodded slowly as he went to speak again, but was cut off by his impatient wife, “Honey,” she started, “me and your father… we think you might be,” she lowered her voice, leaning forward like her husband did, “a lesbian.”

Krystal’s eyes widened at her mother’s conclusion, “What?” she asked, shocked at what her parents decided, “Why do you figure that?”

“Well,” her mother started sweetly, “You’ve never once brought a boy home, much less told us you were dating one.”

“Maybe I’m just looking for the right guy,” Krystal rolled her eyes, “Just like my parents taught me.”

Her father continued, ignoring his daughter’s comment, “Okay, well,” he folded his hands, “You’ve always idolized Jessica. Ever since you were young.”

Krystal couldn’t believe this was happening, “She’s my sister.

Her parents exchanged looks with each other before Mrs. Jung continued listing their reasons, “You have a lot of pictures and posters of those kpop idols you like. Female kpop idols.”

“So?” Krystal asked, angrily, “I like their music. Is that a problem?”

Her parents both let out heavy, frustrated sighs. Her father stood and sat next to his daughter, “Listen, honey, with my status, having a lesbian daughter may kill my chances of continuing to box professionally,” he glanced at his wife, “So, your mother and I found a place that’ll… cure you. That will  make you straight.”

Krystal never lost her expression of widened eyes, “I can’t believe this. I’m not gay!”

Mrs. Jung made her way to the couch to sit on the other side of her daughter, “It’s only for two months, honey. True Directions is like a rehab… Homouals Anonymous.”

“No,” the young girl stood, angrily staring down at her parents, “There is no way I’m going!”


Krystal looked out the window of her father’s black Range Rover as they pulled into the driveway that led to a large house painted an extreme pink and blue known as “True Directions”. Her father stopped on the grass in front of the house, opening his door and getting out, followed by his wife, as he pulled his daughter’s door open and motioned her out of the car. Krystal grabbed her luggage from the trunk, ignoring her father’s help and marched past her parents.

A woman dressed in the same extreme pink as the house made her way towards the family, a large, welcoming smile on her face, “I’m Kwon Boa,” she introduced herself, holding her hand out for the family to shake, “The founder of True Directions.” She swept her long hair out of her face before turning to Krystal, “And you must be Krystal.”

Krystal didn’t reply.

Blinking at the awkward tension, Boa changed the subject, “The other recruits arrived yesterday, so I’ll have one of the other girls show you around,” she smiled sweetly towards the family, “So, why don’t you say goodbye to your parents and follow me.”

After exchanging goodbyes, Krystal made her way into the house, furrowing her eyebrows at the plastic flowers that were “planted” in the flowerbed as she passed them. When they entered the house (Krystal had expected a prison of some sort, but she didn’t know why), Boa called out for one of the other girls, like she had said she would.

 A smiley blonde made her way into the office where Boa and Krystal had situated themselves, “Yes, Boa?” she politely asked, standing in the doorway.

Boa smiled back on the young girl, “Krystal this is Tiffany. Tiffany this is Krystal,” she introduced the two.

Tiffany waved from her place in the doorway, “Hi, Krystal! It’s nice to meet you.”

Deciding to be nice, Krystal gave a small smile.

“Tiffany, why don’t you show Krystal around before we meet with the rest of the group,” Boa politely commanded.

Tiffany nodded, beckoning the younger girl to follow her, “Come on!”

Krystal reluctantly stood, following the nice girl, who started with the tour, “Make sure you’re up by seven and breakfast is at eight. We have group therapy at nine and then free time from eleven to twelve-thirty.” Tiffany finished the first half of the schedule as she opened a hot pink door, “This is where we sleep.”

Krystal could honestly say she’d never seen so much different shades of pink in her entire lifetime.

The older girl continued, “They put a lot of trust in us. Sleeping in the same room as the other girls, so no inappropriate behavior.”

“Yeah, so try to refrain from ing.”

Tiffany whirled on the girl who had commented from her spot on her bed, “Amber!”

The girl, Amber, had a cocky smile on her face as she swept her short bangs from her face, holding out her arms as if beckoning for a hug, “Welcome,” she greeted, “to a little place called Hell.”

Grabbing Krystal’s arm, Tiffany pulled her out of the room, “Careful, babe. Wouldn’t want to have to report you for ‘inappropriate behavior’,” Krystal heard Amber call out after them.

Scoffing, Krystal turned to Tiffany, “What’s up with her?”

Tiffany rolled her eyes at the other girl’s behavior, “Amber’s just grouchy that she was caught and sent here by her parents.”

Krystal raised an eyebrow, “Caught?”

“As much as I can’t stand her, it’s best if she tells you,” she answered, making her way over to a board placed on the wall. It listened everyones’ names as well as five boxes next to them. Tiffany eye smiled as she pointed out the board, causing Krystal to slightly blush, “Step one was easy: admitting that you’re a homoual. All of us passed yesterday… except for you of course, but to be fair, you didn’t get here until today.”

The younger girl shook her head, “But I shouldn’t even be here,” she told the other girl, “I’m not gay.”

Tiffany gave the brunette a comforting smile and placed a gentle, comforting hand on her shoulder, “Oh, Krystal. I was in denial too. But I finally admitted to myself that I was a lesbian.”

“But-,”

The blonde cut her off, “Come on,” she started walking away, turning to call over her shoulder, “Group therapy is starting soon.”


Krystal found herself sitting in the middle of the group once her in and Tiffany made it to the session.

Boa sat off to the side, her legs crossed with her hands gently placed on her knee, “Now why don’t we make Krystal feel at home, shall we? Who wants to start introductions?”

A black haired boy who had been sitting on the end closest to Krystal stood, “Uh, hi,” he started, “I’m Key. I like to dance and my favorite color is pink,” he paused, “And I’m a homoual.”

After Key sat down, the girl next to him stood. She had brown to blonde ombre hair and a baby face, so it was hard for Krystal to tell how old she was, “I’m Taeyeon. Singing makes me happy. So do butts,” she gave a weird smile, “And I’m a homoual.”

A cute boy stood after Taeyeon sat down, his eyes lined with eyeliner, “Hi, I’m Baekhyun. I study hapkido and my favorite actor is Rain,” he smiled politely at Krystal, “I’m a homoual."

Next to Baekhyun was Amber, who hadn’t stood once the boy sat down. She was leaning back onto her arms looking bored, “We met.”

“Amber!” Boa scolded.

Sighing, Amber stood, “I’m Amber. And I like girls… a lot,” she looked over at Boa, a sweet smile on her face, “And I’m a homoual,” she finished, sitting back down in her spot.

Another attractive, but feminine man stood after Amber’s introduction, “I’m Yunho. I compose music and I like to write. I’m a homoual.”

A platinum blonde boy enthusiastically jumped up from his spot next to Yunho, “I’m Jonghyun and I want to shine forever,” he smiled, satisfied with his answer, “And I’m a homoual,” he stated proudly.

Standing up after Jonghyun, a girl with long, dark brown hair and an attractive smirk introduced herself, “Hey, I’m Yuri,” she said, voice husky, “I teach yoga and I’m a huge prankster. Also a homoual.”

Tiffany didn’t introduce herself since she already had, but instead she waved from her spot next to Yuri, with a gorgeous eye smile sporting her face.

“Okay, Krystal,” Boa said, clapping her hands as the others finished their introductions, “Now it’s your turn to accept.”

Just as she had with Tiffany, Krystal shook her head, “Seriously guys. I’m not a lesbian.”

The group looked at her, expressions not changing.

Boa just blinked, “Well, then, let’s talk about what tendencies your parents brought up.”

Krystal looked down at her hands, “They said I’ve never seemed interested in boys… and they said I’ve always idolized my sister… and I have posters of girls.”

Taeyeon looked at her, eyes widening slightly, bewildered, “And you think that’s normal?”

The younger Jung’s anger started to rise, “But I’m a cheerleader!”

Amber scoffed, chuckling softly, “Oh, man. If only I had come up with that one!”

“But everyone has those thoughts… right?” Krystal asked, more to herself, “I mean… it’s perfectly normal, right?”

The rest of the group stared at her, shaking their heads.

Krystal’s eyes widened, “I’m a homoual.”

Amber jumped up from her spot, “Well, thank God she finally figured that one out!"

Boa and the rest of the group started clapping at the girl’s revelation, “Very good, Krystal! You have passed step one of the healing process towards heterouality!”

As Amber passed Krystal on her way out, she gave her a sarcastically, encouraging pat on the back.

The rest of the group began to gradually leave the room, all congratulating Krystal on her new found revelation.

The young girl was eventually left alone.

"I'm a homoual."


So... what do you think? Please comment some feedback. I would love to read what you guys think of it. I have no idea when the next chapter of this will be up. This is more of a fun story for me to write, whereas "Can't Help Loving You" is my top priority right now. Thanks for reading,

- PJatO98