Set me free

Love is a sweet melody

Taeyeon was sitting on the bench in the locker room. She has been spacing out for awhile now. She has been thinking about him constantly, his smile, his scent, his eyes, his warmth. The butterflies he gave her in the stomach when they would have any kind of skinship. She missed everything about it but unfortunatly he was not for her to keep. The images of him kissing some other girl in the park where they would jog in the morning together before going to go to college for Taeyeon and he had to work at a coffee shop. It was a heratbraking sight for her. After awhile she was brought back to reality by her phone which was vibrating beside her. She picked up her phone and saw she got one unreaded message, it was from no other then Yuri her bestfriend. She unlocked her phone and readed the message.

from: kkabyul
to: byuntaeyeon
Yo Taeng I'll be going to the cafe with Jessica and one
of her bestfriends. Your treat
love you and see you in a few chu~

She rolled her eyes and shook her head reading the message. It would always be like this, Yuri actually never had money to pay for her own things and her filthy rich girlfriend didnt want to pay for things at all so Yuri would always end up asking well not asking more stating that it was all on Taeyeons treat.

"She's broke again huh? Seriously her girlfriend is making her broke all the time and her obsession for video games sint making it easier at all"

Taeyeon said before sliding her phone in her pocket, she fixed her clothes and got up from the bench. She got her lyrics papers and left the locker room. She still had like 30 minutes before she needed to start so she wanted to review her lyrics for awhile before her shift would start. She was looking through the papers when she suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked at the owner of the hand and was greeted by a sweet smile.

"You nervous noona?"

He asked sitting across Taeyeon at the table where she was sitting. She just gently smiled at him and shook her head. She saw he started fidgeting with the edges of the sleeves while looking around nervously.

"Are you nervous Jongie?"

She asked him with a sweet smile on her face and putted her right hand on his hands. His heart skipped a beat and he just smiled awkwardly. Ever since he entered college he had a crush on Taeyeon. She was his senior and teached him alot about vocals.

"A-aniyo noona ofcourse not... W-why would I?"

"Well because we have a duet and even at the reharsel you seemed to be trembling, Jongie just tell noona... Why are you so nervous?"

She asked and slightly squeezed his hands, he smiled shyly and took a deep breath. He liked it whenever Taeyeon would hold his hands, he always calmed down immidiatly whenever she would do that.

"Its just that Im not really used to preforming yet"

"Dont be nervous okay? Im there with you so dont worry"

She smiled at him and he nodded. After 3 minutes of talking some more he headed back to the locker room to get ready. Amber was on the stage preparing everything and sometimes she would glance at Taeyeon who was talking with Jonghyun. They looked good together and secretly Amber hoped that one day Jonghyun would get the courage to ask Taeyeon out on a date. When she was done with preparing everything she dropped herself on the seat across Taeyeon.

"Nervous?"

Taeyeon looked up from her papers and smiled sincerly at Amber.

"Ani"

"So mrs. Kim Taeyeon... You ready to sing those songs?"

Amber asked while supporting her chin on her hand while looking at Taeyeon. Taeyeon just thought for awhile and then nodded, she wrote a few songs again because those suppose to be happy memories kept on showing up in her mind.

"Your songs are really good you know... Maybe even better then my songs"

She said and flashed her dorky smile at Taeyeon. Taeyeon just playfully rolled her eyes at Amber and slapped her arm slightly.

"Well 10 minutes left I guess I'll better start tuning my guitar for the first song"

Taeyeon nodded as Amber stood up and left to get her guitar. Amber and Henry were asked to play their instruments for Taeyeons acoustic version of one of the songs she wrote and they just gladly agreed. Henry brought his drum and Amber her acoustic guitar. After 5 minutes Taeyeon went back to the locker room to get her water bottle and to put her papers in her locker. When she came back everybody was reasy to begin and when she looked around she saw Yuri sitting at a table with two girls. Yuri spotted Taeyeon and waved at her while Taeyeon just rolled her eyes and made her way to the stage.

"Okay people so tonight there are some sweet voices again the first one will be one of my best friends and she sings here every night please welcome her again warmly... Yah Kim Taeyeon this is not a good time to tie your shoe laces"

Heechul said when he looked at Taeyeon who was standing next to the stage bending down to tie her shoe laces. She just smiled at Heechul and then climbed on the stage.

"Well people our full time singer Kim Taeyeon!"

Heechul gave Taeyeon the mic and Taeyeon bowed and sat on a stool inbetween Amber and Henry.

"As some of you might know, the regular costumors, that I write songs and I wrote a couple of songs out of memories which kept on repeating itself in my head all day long. I hope you enjoy it"

Taeyeon said, the people clapped and Amber began to play the guitar while Henry followed with his drum.

[Taeyeon] Mundeuk tteoollineun geon neomanui miso
Jakku jiuryeogo aesseodo seonmyeonghal ppuniya

Taeyeon began to sing, the people inside the cafe were just listening carefully at her voice and the lyrics while sipping on their drinks and eating their food. Yuri was smiling seeing Taeyeon singing like that. She could see that Taeyeon actually put all of her emotions in this song this time except for only one while hiding the other emotions in a dark corner.

"Is it just me or this she improved her singing?"

Jessica asked Yuri while watching Taeyeon.

"She didnt inprove her singing, she started to accept everything from the past instead of pushing away the idea she actually was left behind, lonely in a cold world"

Yuri said and placed her hand ontop of Jessica's. Jessica smiled and nodded while turning her attention back on the small fragile girl on stage.

"She sure has an amzing voice"

The girl next to Jessica said. She was amazed by what actually got out of the petite girl's throat, she looks just like a regular person with just a normal life but in her was this talent that shoudlve been seen by the whole world. She was listening carefully and actually felt sad for the petite girl as she heard what she said earlier about memories and what Yuri said about her.

"Its Kim Taeyeon, she is actually the only one I know that has a voice like that. Its weird she always get turned off by all the entertainments she had been doing audition for, they say she isnt good enough and after trying so many times she actually gave up and Heechul oppa offered her a job as a singer in his cafe. She was so happy because this is her dream... Standing infront of a crowd and singing for them... Entertaining them with her voice... This is Kim Taeyeon"

Yuri said with a gentle smile while still looking at her bestfriend on the small stage. It made her happy seeing Taeyeon standing on a stage while preofrming for people, because she knew this was what Taeyeon always dreamed of.

 


 

Short update I know xD the song is Set me free btw thats why this chap is called set me free hehehe. I actually had to rewrite this chapter for like 5 times because my laptop kept on deleting this chapter thats why it took me so long to update this story hmpf. Hope you guys enjoyed it and feel free to comment

I thought this kinda looks like the EXO 'Overdose' concept xD Our awesome llamaber :3
_pinocchio_ out *peacesign*