First day

Scarred doll

 

I wake up to the annoying alarm sound and the sun that fills my room blinds me. For a moment, i am not able to think. I sit down, and check out my phone. "Oh, school"

 

I go to the bathroom and take a shower. I close my eyes.The hot water has dried my skin. That makes me think about how long i have been in here. I get out quickly, and feel dizzy for a short moment. I check my phone again: "28 minutes". I'm getting better.

 

I'm already late but I don't care. I can't find my uniform anywhere. I still have the urge to ask my mom but I laugh at myself. Anyways, I put on casual clothing. I get out of my room and i don't even bother to look at my mom's bedroom. "She's still with him".

 

I go downstairs and I ignore the fact that I should eat. I brush my wet hair with my fingers. Then, I go out and start walking.

 

****

 

As I get nearer to the school, I start to see people, and that goes together with that weird habit of staring. People stare at me a lot. I can't read what they're thinking.

 

As it looks, this school is better than the other one. At least there are some trees in there, which assures me a peaceful place where I can disappear whenever I want.


It's quite a big high school. I wonder how my father got the money to pay for it.

 

When I get in, the halls are almost empty. "It feels good". I don't even remember where do I have to go. There were some lists on the wall back in the entrance. I decide to go back there. The sun shines higher now, and the sunlight hits straight to the school. The sound of other steps distracts me and as I get to the entrance I see a guy coming in.

 

I keep doing my own thing, but it seems that he has to take a look at the class's list too. He looks at me for a second, but then he just does his own thing too.

 

?: I don't even know why I came.

 

I look at him, but he keeps looking for his class.

 

?: You seem my age.

 

I hear him but I keep looking for the class.

 

?: Follow me.

 

I look at him disgusted. Who does he think he is?

 

Krystal: Sorry for disappointing you but I have a brain and I'm not blind yet, thanks

 

He turns around and smirks.

 

?: Sorry princess, but your clothes and your incredible manners make me think that you're the new student. If the princess wants it I can take her to her damn class.

 

That takes me completely off guard. He starts walking to the halls as my pride slowly recovers. He doesn't seem to care about this ty school.

 

He stops in front of a door and opens it, interrupting completely the teacher's speech. He seems angry.

 

Teacher: Kim Jongin you will be expelled if you arrive late again!
Kai: Nice. By the way, she's the new student.

 

Everyone stared at me. He was yelling to me but I was just looking for an empty seat. Then he distracts me:

 

Teacher: Why aren't you wearing the school's uniform?!
Krystal: At least I'm not .

 

The teacher opens his mouth in disbelief. In the class all types of crap was starting to spread. Jongin looks at me and smiles.

 

Teacher: Do you want me to expell you?
Krystal: That'd be helpful.

 

The teacher is getting on his nerves. He is sweaty, probably from the pressure of saying a crappy speech in front of a bunch of idiots.

 

Teacher: Just enough for today. Jongin go to your seat. And you lady, oh yes, they've warned me about you...

 

I was ignoring him when a familiar face appeared in the middle of the class. That piercing stare. I know him.

 

Teacher: You can now go sit right next to Jongin.

 

As I go to my sit I am creepily stared by everyone. The teacher's yelling made them look back to him, "I can finally be alone now". There's a beautiful tree out there, just in the middle of the school's garden. Its beautifulness makes me forget where I am.

 

The bell rang and everybody started to go out of the class. Jongin turned back to me.

 

Kai: You're quite interesting.

 

He stopped smiling as he saw that I wasn't paying attention. "I'm not going to talk with anyone in this place, I just don't care" I look at him for a second and go out of the class.

 

The peace that was reigning the halls is now killed by the amount of noise in here. I check out my phone again.

 

-25 missing calls-

 

I ignore the missing calls and go straight to the texts. Mom's sent me a few.

 

"If you get kicked out from this school I'll kick you out from home".

 

At least she's not drunk yet.

 

As I walk a few guys keep making disgusting comments. One of them tries to block my way out. He starts touching my hair.

 

Guy: Hey babe, wanna come with me tonight?

 

I kick him right there and smile.

 

Krystal: Sorry, I don't get laid with girls.

 

I leave him on the floor while his friends keep insulting me. I finally get out of there and start walking home. The only good thing I've seen today is these road, filled with blue flowered trees.

 

I am amazed by the views but someone pulls my wrist.

 

Kai: You need a uniform, new girl
Krystal: And you need mental help

 

I put his hand off me and start to walk again. But he grabs my arm and pulls me against a tree.

 

Kai: Look princess, you don't want to be expelled on the second day.
Krystal: That's exactly what I want.

 

I try to move but he has a lot of strenght. His eyes are strong. As I say those words, I remember my mom's text, and freeze for a second. But then I think again "I do have a uniform, I've just lost it"

 

Krystal: You know what? Piss off.

 

He looks at me intensely and laughs shortly.

 

Kai: Huh? Trying to be cool without giving a damn about anything? Sorry for caring about you, princess.

 

He pushes me a little harder against the tree and I feel that my back hurts a little.

 

Krystal: I don't need anyone caring for me..

 

My voice sounds weaker than what I expected. I see resentment in his eyes now. He finally lets me go, and walks out to the opposite direction.

 

Jongin: Sorry..

 

I watch him as he leaves, and repeat mentally all the things that happened. I look back to the school and I notice someone looking at me.

 

He's that guy. The same guy that made me feel scared. It seems as if he was watching everything. He doesn't move his eyes, nor he doese any facial expression. He makes me really uncomfortable.

 

I break the eye contact and decide to go back home.

 


****

 

As I enter my house, I finally get to see my mother. She is sitting in the kitchen, smoking slowly. Now she and the pills are inseparable friends.

 

Mom: You didn't curse at any teacher did you?

 

I don't answer. I keep taking off my shoes.

 

Mom: It better be a nice school. Your damn father has wasted a lot of money on your ty future.

 

I walk to the kitchen, and grab something to eat. My mom keeps mumbling things as I go upstairs. I close the door really loudly. My head starts to feel dizzy as all the anger fills my body. My back hurts. I go directly to the bathroom and pull up my tee. There's a big bruise on my lower back.

 

I smile, while I sit on my bed and try my best not to cry.

 

I get up and look desperately for alcohol, but there's nothing left. I hear mom laughing downstairs. I throw all my things on the floor and I finally find my uniform. I don't know why but I hug it tightly.

 

I open the window cause I feel the need to breathe some air, and try to look for some peace.

 

The sun's been covered by a few heavy grey clouds. "Everthing's perfect today"

 

When I look down at the street, I see that guy again, standing in font of my house, staring at me. For a moment my heart sank. He was right there again.

 

Enough.

 

I go downstairs as fast as I can, and go straight where he is. I seriously want to punch him.

 

Krystal: Get the hell out of my house you crazy stalker!

 

He stares at me, and makes me feel weak once again. Then he does something that freezes me.