Third Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day

February 14, 2014

I was back at my home after the promotions of our new album 'Everybody'. 

"Eomma!!!" I hugged my mom, happy that I finally met her. I couldn't wait to see Mi Ra too.

"Jinki!!! How are you??"

"I'm fine! Did you see our new song??" I asked, pretty excited.

"Yes! You're daebak, just like everytime! Just, not the blond hair...."

"Eomma!!" I pouted childishly. She poked my cheeks. We both went inside and talked for sometime.

"How's Mi Ra??" I asked. She was somewhat hesitant to answer that question.

"How's she eomma??"

"Umm..... why.. Why don't you go to her house? You might see her..." She answered a bit hesitantly.

"Yes! Why didn't I think of that?? It's our 6th anniversary right?? I'll go see her and come!!" I got up and skipped towards her house. I knocked on the door and waited for her to open. But her mom opened the door.

"J-Jinki....?" She was startled. I flashed my smile at her.

"Where's Mi Ra??" I asked. That was it. She broke down, crying before me. I knelt down to her height and held her, comforting her softly.

"Eomonim... what happened? Why are you crying?" I asked.

"What happened??" Mi Ra's father came out. He saw me and froze in his spot.

"Abeoji..... Where's Mi Ra? Why is eomonim crying?" I asked him. 

"C-come inside.. I'll explain" He invited me. I took my shoes off and went inside the house, but froze when I entered the living room. There was just a picture of Mi Ra, no trace of her being in the house whatsoever.

"A-abeo-ji...?!" I asked him, shocked by seeing it.

"Mi Ra... She had cancer. She told me to give you... this, before she left" He handed an envelope to me, and went to Mi Ra's mother to calm her down.

"What?!" I almost shouted. He stayed silent. Dumbfounded and shocked, I opened the envelope with trembling hands. Inside was a scrapbook and a folded piece of paper.

"To my dear Dubu,

                     Sorry for not telling you the truth, I thought we would be happy if you didn't know about me. I'm really sorry. To tell you the truth, I found it out just six months ago, the doctors told there was no cure and I'd have to live my last days. I wanted to tell you, I really wanted to, but I wanted us to be normal, like a happy couple. Please, don't do anything stupid or cry over me for a long time. And smile like you always do, and think that I'm beside you whenever you remember me. I'll always love you, Jinki. I'll look over you, as your angel. 

P.S : I liked your new song, you were stunning with your blonde hair! ^^* Remember our first kiss, you should remember, okay?

Love,                        
 
Your Mimi baby~♥"

By the time I finished reading, the paper had my teardrops. I squeezed my eyes close and held the paper closer to me, crying silently. I staggered outside, taking a last look at the garden we both planted. The roses had bloomed beautifully, and the garden looked fresh, just like how she kept it always. I went to my house and locked myself up inside my room, unable to hold in anymore. I pulled out the bedsheets madly and threw eveything on the floor. I cried out loud, the tears flowing out like a brook. I opened the scrapbook with trembling hands. It had everything, from the first time I gave her a birthday card to the last time we celebrated her birthday and took a picture of us kissing; from the ticket to our first class trip together to our last drive. On the last page was written -

To, the one who stole my heart and soul... I'll love you always Jinki :) ♥

"I'll love you too..."