Nine

[HIATUS] The Devil Dancer and the Innocent
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rei looks away from the nurse who is aiding her cuts over her lower lip and look down to Sehun's hand that is stealthily intertwined with hers.
His long fingers securely fondling hers warmly. She’s kind of liking the feeling right now.
He helped her to go to the clinic. He even wants to carry her, but she didn't allow him.

"It's done, Rei-shi you can rest here first, your ankle must've hurt, luckily the bones doesn’t get dislocated. Aigoo! Students these days" The school nurse said and left the clinic. It's actually their lunch break but then if Sehun calls them they should go.

Rei feels okay, she didn't feel something strange; Bruises are gathered along her arms since she protected herself from them and it's not even visible since she's wearing her school blazer.

She can still attend class and act like nothing happened, being poor makes her stronger and more accustomed to pain.
Specially if her mom always let strangers stays at their house and can do god knows things to them.

She even feels like she's more matured than her mom, because Red doesn’t learn from mistakes, she keeps on making the same mistakes over and over again.

Rei feels weird for Sehun after what he'd done to her. It's the first time that someone protected her and it feels so strange. Like she wants to escape from him.

"You okay?" He whispered. Still eyeing her with a worrying look. His touches made her more secured. But security is the last thing that she wants to accept from someone; she might use to it and will lean for him too much.

Rei nods at him, slightly smiling resting at him.

"That will get it for real" he breathes. He looks horrified how can Rei stand the bullying as if nothing happened.

"No, it's okay. I don't want this to get big. Please don't tell it to them" she complains, clutching his uniform to her palm. Making him stand in front of her while she’s sitting over the counter.

"Silly, even I don't need to tell them about it, they will see the cctv" he said softly to her.

"What should I do?" She asks, eyeing him with worriedly. She doesn’t want her name to called by from the guidance councillor. It’s too soon.

"Nothing” he shrugs, making them both silent.

He actually has one question flying inside his head. "Why did you kiss me?" He asked shyly.

Rei just gave him a casual look. "Because I thought you like it, you know, just saying thanks for saving me". Her tone doesn’t even quiver.

"I'm not like that Rei" he said in a low voice. Seems like she’s not fond of being friends with boys. "Aren't all the boys likes kisses? What's so good about a kiss?" she pouts. She didn't mean to kiss him earlier; it's just a spur of the moment.

"I don't know, but for me, I like the kiss if I’m kissing the one I like" he replied. "So, don't kiss someone just like that or I’ll misunderstand".
"But I like you" she replied quickly. "I like you because you're kind and caring" she smiles at him. That's sincere.

"If you like me because of that reason then we can't kiss, you must like me as a boy that you want to kiss, not because I am kind or something". He laughs softly “and in fact, I’m not nice or kind”

"I'm sorry then?"She reluctantly answers which just gains an amazed chuckle from him.

"Don't think that I don’t like it, I just want to treat you right, you should be thankful". He scoffs and pushes her head using his finger "Pabo"

"Thank you Sehun-ie" she giggles happily. Seems like she met a sensible man. "Friends?" he asked while staring at her. "Friends". she replied.

***

The practice room's swings open. Kai, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Kyungsoo turns in unison, expecting their youngest friend to come in.


"Yah, Oh Sehun you're late. Argh!" Baekhyun quickly nags as soon as he enters.
"I went to clinic mofo" he said, rolling  his eyes and tap Kai's shoulder lightly.

"Why? You're not feeling well?" Kyungsoo curiously asks. They can't start they dance routine without Sehun so they waited for him for 20 minutes, he just excuses himself for buying foods earlier and then he disappears for 20 frigging minutes

"I went with Rei, some es bullied her" His gaze sharpen up.
"What? She's hurt?"  Chanyeol asked with his usual booming voice.

Sehun nod in response and walks to the locker room, escaping from the flooding questions that his hyungs will be throwing.

Meanwhile, Kai frozen up for a second.
Rei being bullied? That is so impossible, that girl looks really brave. She look like someone you can’t be flipped, but how in hell that happened?

"Come on" Sehun return and clicks the music on, but as if on cue; the practice room's door swing open again, freeing their senior year friend; Suho who seems to be so excited with something.

"Yah! Oh Sehun!" He approaches him with a wide grin, holding a paper by his hand.
"Suho-hyung. What's up?" Sehun replied as he turns off the speaker again.

"Yah, you jerk! why didn’t  you tell us that Rei is already your girlfriend?" He laughs loudly, before showing them a picture and it’s not just a simple picture. It shows how Sehuns leans to someone hidden as if they are kissing. So it’s Rei? It looks like her.

Rei is sitting on the floor while Sehun leans onto her, holding her both hands. The actual kiss is not actually visible in the photo since Rei's hair made it hidden.
But it's clearly they are kissing because of their faces touching each others.

After looking at it Sehun earns a group of loud gasps from his friends. "Yah! How did you corrupt Rei’s mind?! You prevert!" Baekhyun said and hit Sehun's nape, but the youngest doesn’t flinches and just stars at the picture.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter