PART 3

The End of the Line
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

**Listen to Wedding Dress by Taeyang while reading.

Day of the Wedding (1 1/2 years later)

Where is this pabo, Salma paced back and forth biting on her perfectly manicured nails nervously. She looked at the mirror for the nth time making sure everything was held into place. She ran her hands on the cream stitching of her beautiful gown that hugged her body in all the right places in a classy manner. She faced her back towards the mirror and looked at the elegant embroidery on the back of the gown that she spent months on embroidering.

While she was looking the mirror, she saw a figure appear on the mirror. Salma turned towards the figure and brightly smile. She ran over to him and hugged him, nearly tripping over her gown but Jongup caught her on time.

"Easy there now, you don't want a black eye on this day out of all days," he joked.

“Well hello there to you too superstar, “Salma said sassily. “Is the idol life that time consuming that it's keeping you away from your best friend’s wedding? I was worried you weren’t going to make it,” she pouted stomping her feet.

“Miss your wedding?” Jongup mocked raising his eyebrows. “Pabo,” he said lightly tapping her head. Salma rubbed the part of her head he tapped. He stepped back so he could get a better view of her; Salma twirled in her gown giving him a better look.

“How do I look,” she asked like a five year old on her 5th birthday. Jongup chuckled at her cuteness.

He was blown away. She looked absolutely stunning. Her makeup was to a very minimum allowing her natural beauty to be on full display. Her wedding gown that she worked so hard on made her look like a princess from a faraway castle. He ran his fingers down her long soft wavy locks that were neatly parted in the middle.  

Jongup stepped forth and pecked her forehead. “You look beautiful, as always,” he whispered.

Salma gave him a simile, “thank you.” She hugged him again. She felt her eyes moisten up.

“Hey look what I got you,” He said handing her the plastic bag.

She gasped. “Mango cream foam bubble tea!” She took the two cups out and handed one over to Jongup. Salma immediately gulped down half the cup. She looked at Jongup who looked at her amused. “Don’t you dare make a ual comment. I have been only eating leaves for that last two weeks.”

Jongup laughed. He raised his hands defensively, “I didn’t say anything.”

Salma glared at him continuing to drinking her bubble tea. “I know you’re thinking stuff,” she said with a bunch of tapioca balls in accusingly.

“Salma, is Jongup here yet?” Her mother walked in. “Oh you’re here already. What took you so long?” Salma’s mom walked towards Jongup to give him a hug.

“Hello Omoni, how are you?”

“I’m fine. Where’s your parents and Himchan?”

“My parents are already sitting down in the ceremony,” he responded. “Hyung is really with the business so he couldn’t make it,” he lied. The truth was Himchan couldn’t watch his brother becoming more shattered when he was going to give away the love of his life to another man. Himchan even begged Jongup to not go and promised to come up with a good excuse but Jongup rejected the offer.

“Let me get a picture of two, come on,” Salma’s mom said ushering them to go side by side. She took the bubble teas from their hands and put it on top of a stand. Jongup wrapped his arms around Salma and smiled brightly at the camera while Salma did the same.

Click. Salma’s mom looked at the picture on the camera to see how it came up. She could help but feel a bit sad when she saw the picture.

It was supposed to be you two at the end of the line, she thought. She brushed away the thought as it was a bad thought on such a special day. “Jongup get ready to walk her down. The ceremony is going to start in a few minutes.” Jongup nodded.

Salma’s mother exited leaving them alone again. Jongup grabbed the veil that was hanging on the mirror stand and put it on Salma’s head. He covered her face but was still able to see her radiant face through the transparent fabric.

“You ready?”

“Ready as I’ll ever be,” she said taking a deep breath. Jongup chucked at her response making her laugh too.

“Thank you Jongup,” she whispered looking into his eyes.

“For what?” Jongup asked confused raising an eyebrow.

“For taking my father’s place,” she said sincerely. “…And for being here as my man of honor.”

“Hey that’s what friends are for,” he smiled. “Come let’s go.” Jongup took Salma’s arm into his and exited the little cottage of the villa that was for the brides to dress up in.

They walked side by side, arm in arm following the flower petaled pathway which as illuminated with yellow lights leading them to the aisle.

“Tell me again what you wanted to outdoors wedding and that too at nighttime?” Jongup questioned.

“I don’t know, that’s how I just pictured it always.” Salma said looking down.

“Are you nervous?” Jongup asked sensing something wrong.

“A bit,” she confessed.

“Don’t worry; everything’s going to be well. Just focus on him and everything block everything away.” Minho tried comforting. Salma nodded forcing a smile.

Flashback

“I know you love her,” Jongup stopped in his tracks.

Jongup turned around and looked Minho straight in the eyes without any fear or hesitation. He saw the seriousness in Minho’s face that matched his tone. “I do,” Jongup responded truthfully. “I love Salma…always have and always will,” Jongup confessed in the most placid manner he could assemble. Jongup’s eyes were locked with Minho’s showing much determination and might.

Minho just stood there still processing the confession .He chewed on the inside of his bottom lips trying to compose his emotions. He could taste the blood in his mouth from the anxious biting.

 It was a fact that Minho was always sure about, but somehow over the years it was something he tried to convince himself that Jongup wasn’t in love with Salma like the way a man loves a woman but only as friends. But now hearing the words from Jongup’s mouth, it sent shivers down his back. The thought of another have strong affection towards Salma didn’t bother him much, as Minho felt he could beat anyone when it came to claiming her love. But Jongup’s love for Salma was different, it scared Minho.

He felt inferior to Jongup. He felt as if, without even trying, Salma always found herself running towards Jongup. When she was happy, sad, mad, excited…she wanted to share it all with Jongup before him. He put up with it for years, but within those years he feared that one day an action made by Jongup would take Salma away from him.

The way Salma is when she’s is around Jongup was different than any other. She always looked peaceful, happy and…at home with him. Minho observed Salma in many ways and one thing he noticed for sure was that when Jongup was happy, so was exuberant and when he was distressed, she was twice as miserable that even Minho couldn’t cheer her up. They were like halves of the same face.

“Are you sacred?” Jongup calmly questioned. Minho remained quiet making Jongup chuckle lightly. “Don’t worry,” he said coolly. Minho hated that quality of Jongup, that even if Jongup was angry or sad or whatever, he remained calm and smiling. “These feelings are only mine not hers.”

“Are you sure?” Minho responded unknowingly.

 “She loves you,” he stated looking at Minho. Jongup looked behind Minho then lowered his head looking down, “You shouldn’t worry about these feelings. Salma always looked at me as only a friend…only as a close friend. It was me that turned it around and made it more complicated.” Jongup held back the tears in his eyes and walked towards the window trying to distract his racing heart and scattered emotions. “Let me love her Minho,” Jongup said softly looking into the night sky. “I accepted it a long time ago that I was never go to get her, but I couldn’t turn away from her. I could stop this heart of mine from going crazy whenever she was not around nor could I stop myself from loving her more unconditionally as each day passed by. Believe me I tried, I even went as far as trying to stay away from her even though it made me go crazy...but I couldn’t.” Minho remained quiet and listed to Jongup confessing his love for the sam

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter