JF03

Just Friends?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I just remembered I have something else I need to do," she said, stopping suddenly.

"Bomi...?" he gave her a questioning look.

"I need to go," and she ran.

 

Luhan watched Bomi rush away, a little bit confused.

She was a funny kid, that one.

She made a big show of changing her hairstyle and hair colour and her clothes on the first day that he'd barely recognised her. Truthfully (and he would deny it to the death), he would have tried to hit on her if it had been someone else. He could only be glad that she recognised him before he could make things awkward.

But here she was-- not even a week later-- already back in her trademark clothes: loose t-shirt, baggy pants. He'd once commented on her choice of clothes and after an elbow to the ribs she explained to him that they were perfect for dancing. And she did dance extremely well.

Still, he could tell that not everything was like it used to be. She was different somehow and he couldn't quite place it. Maybe because she didn't have Chorong to watch over and act like a big sister to?

Luhan always saw her as a capable, crazy girl, loud and obnoxious-- but always likeable-- but now, on her own... he wondered if she was just as fragile and innocent as Chorong. The very idea unsettled him, and he felt the urge to protect her.

Protect that dragon lady... the very thought made him laugh.

Realising he was still standing where she'd left him, he turned away and walked the rest of the way home.

<><><>

"Who thought of this plan?" Bomi asked, after finishing reading the document in front of her.

"We did, we told hyung we had an assignment and couldn't practise," Sehun grinned.

"And what did you do with your actual assignment?" she asked.

They had the grace to look embarrassed, "I'm sure we'll get around to it," he said.

She didn't say any more. They were Luhan's responsibility, not hers. She was here to ensure Chorong's happiness, and she just wanted to get it over and done with.

"While it's very," she looked for the right word, "detailed... I don't know how you expect me to manage to do half these things-- for example," she searched for number 4(iii) on the list. 'Throw a stone at a branch, causing a bird about to take a crap to fly off mid-release... allowing the waste to land on Luhan's shirt'. "How the heck am I supposed to do that?"

"It's not that hard, you just aim for--,"

"But how do I know that it's about to take a crap?" she asked, "Couldn't we just do it simply? Tell them that we're organising a group get together? They did break up as friends. It doesn't need to be some 'destiny- meet at the park' scenario."

They looked at each other as though the idea never even occurred to them, "Maybe we'll try that for a follow up plan B," Kai said quickly, "We've already set up the rest of the obstacles."

"Obstacles? Oh I see, the two cute kids that will run up to them and ask Luhan to play," Bomi pointed out, "The elderly lady who will have dropped her wallet and ask Suho to help her go to the police station, and I'm sure you placed that ice cream vendor there too."

"Yup, pretty spiffy huh?" Kai looked proud of himself.

"It is extremely scary what you guys can do when you put your minds to it," she shuddered, "Anyway, I'm not doing this bird throwing thing-- the best I can do is bring Chorong to the park, wait for her until you give me the go signal and then run off. Take it or leave it."

"You don't throw the bird," Kai explained, "You throw the stone..."

"I don't care!" Bomi said, using her 'mother' voice.

Sehun sighed, "Noona you're no fun. You're missing out on some awesome action."

<><><>

Bomi was extremely happy to see Chorong who as always, looked gorgeous. But today there was an added air of maturity around the tall woman, with the clothes she'd chosen specifically for her university life.

"Bomi-ah!" she was greeted warmly, and Bomi returned her hug.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter